It’s Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Sunday

Postby Othersharon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Way past morning here but wanted to pop in. We’ve had almost every kind of weather there is the last few days. The end of the week was in the 50’s and low 60’s with heavy rain on Friday followed that evening with ice and a couple inches of snow. And very low temps again. I pulled out the snowblower yesterday and did what I could to clear the walk and driveway with the hope that the sun would melt the rest. It’s melting some today but I have a feeling it’ll be around awhile. Figuring we’re one week closer to spring!

Barbie, sounds like you’re getting closer to getting a TT! Bet one of these days you’ll see one you really want! Beth, hope you and Peaches are getting the routine down now! Had to laugh at how she acted. They know what butttons to push! Velda, hope you are feeling better today. Glad Mel is doing well with his treatments. Martha, take care of you. Hope you can make the campout and without the cold weather. A couple days away can make a big difference for you.

Well, since the sun is shining I decided it’s a good day to get some housework done. Don’t know why but it’s always easier to vacuum and dust when the sun is coming in the windows. Have a great day and stay warm!
Othersharon

Re: It’s Sunday

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Our weather has been up and down but no snow. It was 27 last night and up to 58 today. It's suppose to warm up a little tomorrow and then 2 nights with temperatures in the low 20's. I don't ever remember having so many freezes. At least it usually warms up during the day. Then next weekend it will be close to 70. :roll:

I need to get the vacuum out and vacuum under the treadmill so if I turn it on it won't suck up all the cat hair. The treadmill is the favorite sleeping place for one of the fuzziest cats. I have a hip that is bothering me a lot. Since doing nothing hasn't helped it I might try walking. I don't want a shot. I had planters facetious that started in one foot in October 2016. I know when it started because I was camping. I limped around all last year because I would go to the doctor. I just noticed the other day that I could walk barefoot again without my foot hurting.

I guess I better go feed the barn cats so I don't have to do it with a flashlight and run the risk of meeting a skunk. The neighbors have 2 4-H calves in one of the stalls. They just weaned them a few days ago and the show is next weekend. They are Brahman calves. It might be worth the trip to watch them show. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Re: It’s Sunday

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:45 am

I checked out a new church this morning. It is still a Unity church but in Carlsbad. It was a small congregation but a very friendly, fun group. I was almost overwhelmed with everyone coming over to introduce themselves to me. Turns out about 10 people there (out of about 40) are from Minnesota. That was a big topic of conversation. After the service, they sang happy birthday to all of us who have birthdays in January. Then there was a small prayer group after that which I stayed for. It was all very interesting.

I went down to the beach after that for awhile and played with the beach squirrels. They are very friendly. It was a beautiful day around 75* and sunny.

Had a lot to do around the house but ended up going back out shopping in the afternoon for a few things I needed. I am having a battle with ants again, this time IN the house.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee