Friday the 12th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday the 12th

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 am

There, now that I've written down the date, maybe I'll remember!

Ah, poor Drew! I was still sleepy and didn't notice that he took his ball out with him. Then he wanted me to throw it, and I was still too sleepy to notice that we were too near the neighbor's fence. He bounced the ball off his nose, and now it is in the middle of the neighbor's back yard, out of our reach. Poor boy! :(

It seems to be that sort of morning. I'd better shake it off and get this day started!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Re: Friday the 12th

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 am

Poor Drew, he's going to be worried about his ball.

The front and rain came roaring through last night. I had to get the spot light after it passed to make sure the trash can didn't get blown over. The trash truck passes before I wake up. We didn't get as much rain as a couple of days ago. It's 37 this morning and suppose to freeze tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. :( It's suppose to warm up Monday and then rain and get down to 21 Tuesday night. I hope they are wrong about it getting that cold. The Louisiana group is having a campout the 25th. I would sure like to know how cold it's going to be. I don't want to camp in a freeze again.

Better get moving so I can make it to town.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Down to freezing last night here in Cathedral Gorge in Nevada, but I stayed warm burning a lot of propane! Also, I am VERY glad I switched out my lightweight coverlet a couple of weeks ago with my lightweight down comforter. I use each of these in place of a blanket to make it easier to make my bed. The down felt wonderful last night!

I am not sure what I am going to do. I am a little disappointed with this campground and "gorge" because it does not seem to be as scenic as I had believed, unless I am missing something. Also, cell service is very weak. Am going over to the day use area today to check things out and will stay one more night. Then I am headed back to Las Vegas area because I need to do grocery shopping and have a reservation at Willow Beach on Sunday. I got a few things at a local store, but there is only one small store within 50 miles and stuff is expensive, so I really need a big store like Walmart. However, I do have a full tank of water and lots of propane, plus this spot has electric, so it is really OK. May do some reading and organizing, which I seem to do all the time. Just get one thing organized and need to work on another!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 pm

Days ending. I got up before sunrise today to take Peaches back to the vet... Supposed to be removal of a fibrous growth and a teeth cleaning while they had her under. On Monday they did a more thorough blood test for her kidneys. Today the surgery was cancelled and I'm giving Peaches Sub q fluids every day for two weeks then she'll go back and we'll have the test repeated. She's also going to be upset because the protein I've been limiting in her diet... Well I'm cutting it more. My fingers and toes are crossed that I'll have lots more happy times with this girl, but no guarantees.

My license plates for the scooter should arrive tomorrow... But the post office here is terrible so may not. That said, I probably won't take any rides for awhile... I can't spend every minute with Peaches, but I'll spend as many as I can. If things look more promising in a couple weeks, I'll do more. She loves our trips, so I'm looking forward to Q. I'll have to come back a couple days early, but will be great to go spend time with friends.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee