Windy Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Windy Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 am

Morning all. Bit breezy here this morning, but temps in upper 20’s. Supposed to be in 30’s today.

Think I’ll call friends and see if they are going to be home and go visit. Housecleaning can wait. Spent the majority of yesterday running around town, taking care of business and spending money :lol: so time to enjoy a gabfest for a change.

The pictures coming from CA are devastating. The fires were bad enough, but this looks like scenes from a disaster movie, only it’s not a movie. Hope those of you out there are staying dry. Catherine and Barbie, hope the creeks don’t rise too much.

Flu and colds going around up here too. I’m away from big crowds, so, so far so good. But I too wash my hands whenever I am out, especially if I stop to eat someplace. Wash em before I eat. Good habit to get into.

Tina, I hear ya in the yard cleanup. Fortunately we have snow here, so it’s eady to clean up out there and when it snows enough to use the blower in the yard, it just zings the stuff ibto the woods :lol: hope you get to feeling better.

Off to the shower and start the day. Keep warm, dry, safe out there.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Windy Wednesday

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 am

Morning, Sue!

We had a windier day yesterday and more so last night with rain. It's all moving on east now. This desert needed this rain badly. Temps will be cooler today following the rains. Mid 60's for a high.

I've been reorganizing inside.. More to do today.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Good morning
On day 2 of 3 above freezing before diving back into deep freeze. this time looks like we will get 2-3" of snow over the weekend.
Flu outbreak here is also very bad. Several assisted living facilities under quarantine, visit restrictions at hospitals, etc. Almost makes one want to stay home and avoid people.
I do need to hit the grocery store this afternoon however.
Hope all of you with the flu or other winter ailments are feeling better today
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm

The creek is down this morning but is muddy and full of debris. The air smells nice and fresh now tho. Cloudy this morning but I think the rain is over now. Las Vegas had flooding yesterday from this system too.

Need to do some cleaning around here today and laundry. My furniture will arrive sometime late this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Good Morning, Sandi, hope you get better for the Q GTG!.

Years ago I was in a flash flood down in Tecate. I had on white pants. got flooded up to above the knees....pants now brown! I also saw a flash flood in Las Vegas. Stood on a bridge when it roared underneath! Quite a sight!!!

Sun is now out here altho is windy. Off to the luncheon today.

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:57 pm

We had same amount of rain here in Valley of Fire as they did in Las Vegas (2.5"), but at least the campground is high. I have not tried to drive out, so don't know about roads, but I suspect they will be OK. This place averages only 5" of rain per year, so it got half of that in a day-and-a-half! Ground is wet and really soaked, so I imagine the plants are happy.

The problem is that even if the rain is over, there are still quite a few clouds, and it is really COLD! Or at least I am cold. It is 56 right now but seems colder, maybe because of the damp. Someone remind me next year that overall, Nevada is too cold in December and January.

I am supposed to leave tomorrow to go to Cathedral Gorge SP, but that is north of here and at about 5,000', so I am not sure I want to go. Highs are supposed to be around 55 for next three days, but nights will drop down to 25 or 26, which is pretty cold. Will use my fresh water tank to avoid hose freezing and compartments are enclosed and heated, but still cold. Maybe I just need to get my body warmed up and I will feel more enthusiastic.

Got to watch some TV to catch up on flooding. I think Napa is OK, but have sent a message to my son. They had a couple of earlier rains this fall so had some grass regrowth in burned areas and also did a lot of erosion control.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby dpf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Way past the first of day of the month check in and I didn’t remember to say Rabbits…Happy New Year was the word of the year. Way past morning too. What I can I say? Always a day late and a dollar short! We’ve had four days for 40+ weather. January thaw, but after midnight we’re supposed to get up to 5” of snow and the temps will drop to single digits with high winds for 4-5 days. Fun. I went and brought some groceries today so I know I don’t have the leave the house a couple days. Several of the schools west of us have already posted two hour late starts for tomorrow that gives them plenty of time to access the situation if they need to cancel classes completely or gives school maintenance time to clean sidewalks and parking lots and the city time to clear streets if they can get by with a late start.

I been fighting sinus infections and bronchitis since a few days before Christmas. Finished a prescription on January 2 for it. Monday I woke up with my eyes mattered closed and they looked like they were bleeding when I finally got them open plus a raging headache. Actually I thought the headache was attributed to sharing a bottle of wine with my neighbor on Sunday night….wine tends to do that to me. That’s why I seldom drink it. I thought I had pink eye. Was able to get an appointment and the dr. told me that it wasn’t pink eye but sinus infection and the start of an ear infection. Back on antibiotics for 10 days. This seems to be happening to a lot of people around here. They think they’re over it and it rears its ugly head again. Luckily so far it doesn’t appear that the bronchitis is going to reappear.

Congratulations to the new home owners! Watching your progress on your homes here and on FB is entertaining! Those of you traveling in warm places make me jealous!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Morning Coffee