Torrential Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Torrential Tuesday

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Flu is a good reason to live alone! Hope all of you who are sick get better soon.

A couple of years ago I went to an urgent care place because of an infection on my leg, but the place was crammed with coughing, sneezing, sick people, so I ended up waiting for two hours outside in winter. I did not have a car, but a lot of people sat in their cars and checked in periodically because the waiting room looked so dangerous. Doctor offices and hospitals are full of germs. I even make sure I use my own pencil when I have to sign in or fill out their forms. And then wash my hands as soon as I leave.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 pm

So far, I am staying healthy here! I wash my hands a lot.

No big increase to the flowing creek here. Still moving fast tho. Had some more heavy rain this afternoon. Totals around here are just over 3 inches. Should start to clear up here by morning. Snow is falling in the mountains now too.

So sorry to hear about the devastating mud slide near Santa Barbara overnight. I think 13 so far have died there. The 101 hwy has been closed between Ventura and Santa Barbara due to other mud flows.

Have the next two days off, and tomorrow is furniture delivery day! Yay!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Rufflesgurl » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 am

Yes Barbie there has been a lot of devastation in the Montecito/Santa Barbara areas due to mudslides. Very sad. CA has suffered so many disasters this
past year. I arrived in Pismo Beach this afternoon and that was the first thing I saw on TV.

Sandi hope you kick that flu. Seems like you got sick last year around this time. I also was very sick for a few weeks last year and don't want to go thru that again!
Do you get the flu shot?

Take care of yourself!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby monik7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Rufflesgurl wrote:Sandi hope you kick that flu. Seems like you got sick last year around this time. I also was very sick for a few weeks last year and don't want to go thru that again!
Do you get the flu shot?

Take care of yourself!

Linda

Yes Linda, I always get a flu shot.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee