Baby it is cold outside

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Baby it is cold outside

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:17 am

Good Morning
Just checking in as I missed the Rabbits roll call.
Not much going on - just trying to make it thru the unusual prolonged cold spell we are having. Over 100 hours now below freezing and forecast says it will be several more days before we even get into the low 40s.
Hope everyone is staying warm
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Wintery Thursday

Postby Othersharon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:30 am

Good morning ladies. After a beautiful sunny day yesterday we are back in the gloom! We are looking at super low temps starting later today through the week end. Luckily we are out of the path of all the snow and really bad stuff that is hitting the eastern coast. Liz and Donna, hope you are staying warm. Not weather you all are used to when you’re in FL! Been thinking about snowbirds that are in the path of this system and hoping you all stay warm and safe. Got my running around done yesterday so plan to just stay in the next few days. Think spring!!

Need to do some house cleaning today. The dood is shedding like crazy! Pretty normal for him! And really need to clean off the top of my desk! So I have plenty to keep me busy in the next few days!! So not much else going on here! Nothing new and exciting! Coffee is done so better get busy. No excuses! Hope you have a great day and you stay safe and warm.
Othersharon

Re: Baby it is cold outside

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am

Still morning, barely. Checking in; missed “rabbits” roll call, in fact just got caught up or almost on forum. Nasty cold weather has been a shocker after such a long period of 80’ s. Florida does have its real freezing days but it still took me by surprise. I’ve had so much going on and on my mind that weather was truly a surprise :o

After all of our searching I have found a place I think I will enjoy. It’s country somewhat, I am not a city gal at all!!! It’s just off 301 near Webster, 2 +acres, with a small home( smaller then I had for sure). Corner lot all fenced, plenty of room for my rv friends to visit, several at a time :) Closing was to have been today but has been extended which suits me with this cold stuff and it’s few degrees less up there. Some things needed to be done and think seller has been ill and lives in Ft Myers, this is a mother’s place they are selling, so not all could be done for closing today. I’m totally ok with this, it’s so much more costly for property down here, I knew this, so was pleased to find this place that met what I hoped for at a price I could see doing. I have neighbors as the property lots are from 2 to 5 acre .

I’m real excited to get moved in and get my things out of my DD’s house, she is too. She Already has help lined up to move me. Great to have so much help, something I’m not used to but liking it :D we’ve decided to repaint first, they’ve painted through with a white, which is to stark and uncomfortable for me. DD’s volunteered to paint while I scrub kitchen cabinets, frig etc. new stove and microwave, so a swipe over fixes that.

I think this is long enough and plenty of info where you all know why I’ve been missing. Sun is out beautiful today, 46 , is expected high but will warm up soon. I do need to locate some propane which is not easy in this area to find.

Wishing you all the Very Best ever in the New Year!!!! 2018, WOW, what happened to all the days before this. Enjoy each day you get as it flies by fast, no repeats.

Stay safe, warm and dry!
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Congratulations on your new place, CArol! Also very glad that you have help getting it in shape to your comfort and liking. I think your daughter is doing for her Momma, what she has seem her Momma do for her. Isn't it nice to realize that they noticed? Have fun and hope to get down south eventually to take you up on that parking offer! :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Birdie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Someone did close our North door! Temps in the sun are just shy of 70*! You see me dancing! We should be good to go for a week and maybe more! I will go help a friend in her moving process tomorrow and possibly the weekend. Then I plan on going birding next week! Weather should be perfect. Will be making a stop at the fresh market for some Pineapple oranges. I have several Mars, but need Pineapple before they disappear. May need some cauliflower if I can find some. My SIL has gotten me into mashing them with some seasonings and it is scrumptious. Be safe on the road and have lots of fun!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm

CArol, that is so exciting! I can't wait for pictures.

Cold? I'm in a sundress again today. Sorry, I do feel for you, but am loving, so far, this year's weather in Arizona. I remember last year everyone in Florida gloating over our cold January lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Congrats on the new place Carol!!
I'm gonna have to Google Webster and see where its at.
Hope y'all suffering in that cold blast get a break soon.
I'm waiting on a service guy to come by and check out my water heater.
Couldn't get the pilot to stay on, and now the burner is way too much fire. Scared
me!! I'd rather spend the $$ and know its safe or not to use.
Time for lunch, y'all have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Irmi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Carol, congratulations on your new home! I know where Webster is as we drive through it every time I have an appointment in Lakeland. We stop at the Shell station there on each trip, as regular gas there is $ 2.29 a gallon and with our discount, we get 5 cents off. Perhaps we can stop in for a short visit, as I'll be having appointments in Lakeland regularly until June.
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Congratulation on finding a place, CArol. Glad you found a place with a little land. I'm use to living in the country and I just couldn't see me living with close neighbors.

It has made it up to 55 today but we are suppose to have 2 more freezes at night. It was 27 last night. I forgot and left a coke in the car but it didn't freeze. I guess the humidity has been low this week and my skin is itching like crazy. We are use to about 90% humidity.

Some of my friends are talking about going to eat crawfish tomorrow. I hope that doesn't fall through, I'm ready for some crawfish.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:48 pm

CArol, congrats on finding a place! I wondered where I would park when my reservations all ran out! :lol: Looks like you'll be just over an hour away when I'm parked here near Orlando so maybe a good ride sometime for a visit! Just thrilled for you!
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Congratulations CArol
glad that you found your new digs
sheila
snowball

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 pm

That’s great news Carol. Sounds like you found what you were hoping for. Looks like you are about 1 1/2 hour from me.

If you are looking for propane, I think there is U-Haul in Lake Wales and Amerigas in Dundee.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 pm

Congrats CArol! Welcome to the "new homeowners" club! :lol: You will be right between Donna, Irmi, and Soos. How much land did you have at your old house? Will be great for you to get settled in before summer.

Went to get my CA drivers license this morning. However, they didn't like my birth certificate. I have the original birth certificate from the hospital with my footprints and all and a gold seal on it even. It is the only birth certificate I am aware of, but apparently there is another kind from the state which I need. So I have to work on getting that before I can get my license. :roll:

Am excited about finally getting my new floors in tomorrow and Saturday!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 am

Carol, your new home sounds wonderful...I know you have been looking a long time. I keep thinking I need to return to Florida to see all these new home and visit with you wonderful Florida women again. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Why yes, Lyn, you do need to do that. :-)
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee