January 3rd

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

January 3rd

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 am

Morning all. Some days my mind just can’t think of a title for up there :lol: Getting ready to leave for chiropractor appt. shortly, so thought I would start coffee for you gals. I’m sure a cup or two or three...will be welcome for those in the cold afeas. Interesting weather this morning, deep freeze in the south, freezing rain/ice in northern FL, storm heading up the coast which looks to really hit hard in the NE and dump some snow aling the coast.

Sharon, Rita, Shirlv, Diane, grest to hear from you. Rita, you sound like me with the organizing etc. I’m making another pass through the house again and that should be the same nd of it. Have purged so much stuff over the years, that I am down to just what I use now. It’s nice when you can live uncluttered without a lot of “stuff” around. Makes cleaning so much quicker and easier too. I’m not one to go after every new gadget that comes out unless I think I really need it and will use it.

Gotta run. Have a nice day p, keep safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: January 3rd

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 am

Please be safe in this crazy weather! Hunker down if you can (those on the east coast/northern areas of the Midwest and anywhere else effected by this storm). You know how cold it is when a Canadian zoo decides to bring their penguins inside!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/03/us/c ... index.html
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Sue, I need you to come visit me and help me purge. I so want to become more of a minimalist. I have trouble parting with things tho. I just parted with about 50 records I have been moving around for umpteen years and they are heavy. LOL I dont have a record player so what is the point. I didnt want to....BUT I did.

Going to start purging in my bathroom, I have a lot of old makeup and lotions, brushes, and miscellaneous that I know are way too old to use so out they go today. I had new linoleum flooring put in my bathroom last year and have left over so am going to line the drawers and cupboards with it. Then going to wash my walls and paint the bathroom and this is going to happen THIS MONTH. Since I retired I feel like I have lots of time.....to do it later. Need to get a new mind set on that theory. Spring will be here soon and then I will be busy outside, and then there is camping...the list goes on.

I am off to Petsmart this morning to pick up some food for the dog, then home to tackle a project.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Good morning gals!

Am more and more glad I moved to California! 68 degrees and cloudy here but no complaints! (a little rain would be nice tho!)

Yesterday I started working on the cat house for Lola. I lined the ground with fake grass and did a temporary fix on part of the wire fencing around it. Will fix that better today. I showed it to her yesterday and she cautiously explored it. I think she will love it once she feels more comfortable in there and knows she's safe. I still have to put the shelving unit together that I got for in there. That will give her more places to sit and look out. She can come and go from the window in the sunroom.

I have the day off and have some errands to run but then will work on some little projects around the house the rest of the day.

Tomorrow morning I go in to take my written drivers test to get my CA license finally! Then I will be an official Californian! Yay!

Hope you all stay warm, safe and happy today! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:46 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Since I retired I feel like I have lots of time.....to do it later.

OMG!!! LOL!! That is so me!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby avalen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 pm

Its afternoon now but I'm feeling fine, allergies! Who knew!
Wishing I could head for Q right now but homeowners meeting on the 13th. After that I'm free!!!
Feeling like a salad for lunch today.
Sure hope you girls stay warm , use extra blankets if ya have to, just stay healthy.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Karen, the secret is not to make so many long-term plans. Start with just one or two drawers. Take them all the way out of the bathroom and put them on the living room floor. (Maybe even dump all the stuff out onto a big plastic bag spread on the floor.) Do your sorting and relining there. Put the uncluttered drawers back and take out another drawer or two. One thing at a time. And taking the drawers out sort of puts you in a place where you have to complete the task. It is like taking all the drapes down before you paint--once you have the drapes down, you are committed to painting!! At least those are my tricks.

Which reminds me that I need to tackle my front "basement" area that has a pass-thru to the other side.

I am loving the views and peace of Valley of Fire State Park. This is a place I keep coming back to for rest and relaxation. Such a beautiful place. Determined to get assignments ready for the new semester, so have promised myself to do that today--course it is already noon. I will get it done, however, and I have promised myself that I need to walk around campground today. Tomorrow I am going to drive to Mouse's Tank and walk that short trail. Then on Friday will drive out to Moapa National WIldlife Area and also get a propane refill. Been so cold, I am going through propane very fast.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee