Hello 2018 !...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Hello 2018 !...

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:54 am

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year to all... I won't be doing much today but playing around in my sewing / craft room... it is going to be a cold week here in Crystal River Florida so I will be inside doing work and play.... it's too early in the morning for me to think about what I have to work on... but I know there's still a lot to do here... I woke up at 4 a.m. and it's been raining ever since don't know how long that will last but at least it's not snow... sauerkraut and country spare ribs in the crock pot... staying with tradition good luck for the coming year... it's a Pennsylvania thing LOL.. have a wonderful day....& B safe ...Me & Pheebe
grammynmaggie

Re: Hello 2018 !...

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:12 am

Good Morning Donna and all. Happy New Year everyone. It’s also Rabbits Roll Call too. Let’s start the year off with everybody chiming in. We have some new members we haven’t heard from in a while. Stop in and say hi. Been thinking of Mickie and Mary, anybody talked with them lately. I know they are on internet hiatus but wondered how they are doing back down in FL.

Cold here tnis morning but warmer than yesterday morning, coming in at 8 above. We are about 20 degrees below normal but not breaking any records. Going to do some house cleaning this morning, then might go shovel off the bit of snow we had last night or might just go work on my jigsaw puzzle. Had a marathon session on it yesterday afternoon. Today also marks the first day of my self imposed diet. Want to lose some weight before summer. Now that we have crossed the threshold, will be thinking summer travel/camping plans as well. Have a nice New Years Day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 am

Good Morning and Happy New Year. I saw on Facebook yesterday that they are expecting snow in Tampa this week and if it does snow, will be the first time in 41 years. It is going to stay very cold here for a couple more days then supposed to warm up to a little above freezing then drop again over weekend. Wind chill last night was -20 in some areas. I stayed.home. I think a lot of people cancelled plans,

I wonder about some of the ones who used to post also, like MelissaD, has as anyone heard how she is doing? I also wonder how many of us were also on the forum before this one. I believe I joined that one around 2008. Sparkle had just broken her ankle and was posting a lot. I will never forget a later story of her camping on the beach too close too the water. Another episode that gave us many laughs was the adventures of Foo Foo. Mitch and Vickie provided us with a lot of good laughs with their back and forth banter.

I forgot to get Navy beans and a ham hock to make soup for today.

Enjoy the day!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:32 am

Happy New Year!!!

We pretty much slept through the celebrations last night, which is a good thing, because Drew is afraid of loud explosive noises and there were fireworks. He woke me up a couple of times, telling me to make them stop, but not too bad. :D

I'm enjoying being out of the cold this winter. Hurrah for coming south!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby avalen » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:17 am

Happy new year and remembered rabbits! Heard all the booms from the reservation and hollard rabbits. Maggie wasn't happy but we got up and sat in the chair for a good half hour.
I feel much better today, well enough to run the vacuum at least but don't want to over do.
No resolutions or traditions I have to worry about.
Y'all have a good day and be well.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:28 am

Happy New Year! I remembered 'rabbits' when I woke at 8 - after I said it, I remembered my daughter and I had our traditional midnight phone call. :lol: Oops!

Rain predicted here in Melbourne as well as Orlando area (along with cooler temps) - I move back there tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Wishing you all the very best in 2018!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby asirimarco » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 am

Good morning to all and a Very Happy New Year. I too slept through all the booms and bangs at midnight. This morning the sun is out for the first time in days. Took picture of the beautiful moon last night and a great sunset.

asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 am

Happy New Year! Here's wishing everyone a wonderful 2018.

I, too, wish we'd hear from more, old timers and newbies alike. Time will tell.

This is a work week for me, with an extra day off (today) for the holiday. I'm expecting a possibly busy week with catch up for presents, etc, arriving late. Then things will probably settle into a more boring routine. The weather here in Arizona has been fantastic so far this season. I'm hoping it continues into 2018. I remember living through these cold spells/snow storms/wind chills, etc that many of you are dealing with now and think these days the only dealing I'd do is hibernating.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 am

Good Morning. I actually remembered Rabbits this morning before I spoke to the dog......history in the making ha ha
Beautiful moon last night but I did not make it til midnite. Heard some bangs here starting about 10pm...Emma isnt used to those kind of noises....yet. So she would sit up and give a few "woof woof woofs" and look at me. She snuggled back down quickly tho.

Not too sure what today will bring yet. Had my breakfast and on my second cup of coffee. I need to start washing the walls in my bathroom getting it ready to paint but not this week.

No real resolutions here but have started a more healthy eating pattern since I have my Instant Pot to make "do ahead" meals. Also am walking the dog every day (except inclement weather as I am not silly) for about 45 minutes....so far so good. The dog is loving it ha ha

Heartguard day..... need to remember to give it soon.

I too often wonder where some of the people disappear to. And I do remember the antics of Sparkle,, lol who could forget that awesome lady.

Wishing everyone a GREAT 2018.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:14 am

Happy 2018 Ladies ~~~

BJ loved the mini-stories. Pat (DPF) I missed your birthday. Hope you sent 2017 out with a bang. And Carol lovely pic. Louise, I got a kick out of your story about Drew wanting all the balls at the park. Gotta love the focus he has :-)

I have been reading, but sometimes dragging out the laptop is a pain in the keester, and posting on the phone is too hard to see what I'm writing. Know that I wish you all a great 2018 with good health and fun travels.

I'm in Arizona now and will be probably thru February. I have a month booked at an RV park halfway between Q & Sun City so I can get to the TT mfgr rally (the week before actual Q), visit a cousin a bit, and try to find the ladies that are boondocking. Lyn & Sandi you may get a message or call from me too since I have your numbers, so you can come get me at the gate too, or I may drive around forever :lol: I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else that will be there, as well as seeing the craziness first-hand of Q. I hate crowds so I may only do the tent stuff a bit at a time.

Well that's all from me for rabbits roll call, and yup, forgot it again. Stay safe & healthy wherever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Othersharon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 am

Happy New Year and good morning! I actually said rabbits while the ball was dropping last night! Or would that be this morning? Anyway, I finally remembered! It is really, really cold here again today but at least the sun was shining. Starting to cloud up a bit now. I turned down an invitation to dinner this evening at DS’s. Pork and kraut not my favorite meal! I don’t mind the smell but not so much the taste. As Donna said, it’s a PA thing.

I’ve also wondered about some of the gals we haven’t heard from for awhile. Hope all is well in their worlds. Well, not much else here so I’d better get my day going. I slept in late since I had another one of those up all night nights! Hope everyone has a great first day of the year and look forward to a good 2018.
Othersharon

Postby Shirlv » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 am

Happy New Year from a really, really old timer. It is a warm and balmy 22 on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. At least the sun is shining and the furnace is running. I am an armchair traveler nowadays so lurk here for my travel fix. Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels and stay warm.
Shirl
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Irmi » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:40 am

Good morning & Happy New Year! I also remembered Rabbits. When Steve got up, he wished me a happy new year and I yelled Rabbits! It's very chilly in Ocala this week. It was 46 when I got up and that was the high temperature of the day. It is currently 43 and will drop to freezing early tomorrow. Sunday we'll be back in the 60's, so if we can make it for one week with the unusually cold weather, we'll be good to go. We're still house sitting Toby, while Brenda is visiting family and friends in Alberta Canada. She'll be back in FL one week from tomorrow. I wish all of you a great 2018!
Irmi

Postby carolb » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Happy New year to y'all too! and thanks to all who have been here to wish the same to us/me:) Birdie, was nice to see you open yesterday to offer your good wishes...Such a great family y'all are....So 2018 begins, another year of surprises--good & not so good?--but thankful to be here to ponder the past year & to hope we all make it through another! 8-)
carolb

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Happy New Year from sunny but frigid Maryland! The river is frozen over and not a duck or goose to be seen. They all left when this cold front hit as if on cue. Strange not to have a few stragglers flying in. My neighbor wants to walk on the ice today, she said in this wind she is good for a 4 minute walk - I can handle that. That will have to count as my First Day Hike this year. I don't mind the cold, but the wind UGH! Our DHs have both passed on River Walk 2018 haha.
We have had fireworks the past two nights, one bunch close enough to get the dogs worked up. And the moon was so big last night, the light woke me up. It was beautiful and orange. I regret not trying for a photo now but I was just too toasty to get out from under the covers in the wee hours.
Have a wonderful day today ladies!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Next

Return to Morning Coffee