So Long 2017

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

So Long 2017

Postby Birdie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:43 am

Good cool morning! Sue, you will probably come in the coldest today. We have reached our warmest already! I really dislike being cold! We will reach below freezing here in the LRGV! This has been a really good year for me. I met many new friends, met friends here on the forum, lost a friend or two this year. I have watched some of our RVing sistahs grow and start moving in their lives. But it has been a good year. Here is hoping that 2018 is a good year for each one of you. Be safe if you are traveling and have a bunch of fun! Plan lots of adventures for 2018. God’s blessings on you.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: So Long 2017

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:31 am

Good morning Birdie and all who follow. My only complaint with 2017 is how fast it flew by. It seems just yesterday we were welcoming it in! And I'm looking forward to 2018 and all it brings.

I don't know if I got a touch of food poisoning or what yesterday... But shortly after lunch, visiting folks here in the park, I made a mad dash to their bathroom where I emptied my system, sweating, etc. I headed home and spent all afternoon lying down.. Dozing off and on. Soup for a late dinner worked fine. But that dozing kept me up until at least 4 am. Having trouble getting a start on today! But so glad that only lasted an afternoon/early evening. No plans for today, or tonight... Will quietly watch 2018 come in if I'm not sleeping through it!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby PeggyinCT » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Good morning Everybody from sunny NM. Jello plans. Not going to Kino Bay, Mexico. Instead Beverly and I are going to spend some time in Texas. Birdie, I sent you a pm. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Re: So Long

Postby Colliemom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Good Afternoon from way up north here. Yep Birdie. It was -20 when I got up at 7 a.m. and -18 when I left for church and foggy too boot. Believe it was ice fog, which forms at cold temps. They had it up on Lake superior one day last week too.
But the sun is shining and it’s now up to 2 above. But we are heading into mid winter meteorlogically wise. Although the calendar says the first day of winter was December 21st, that is actually the astronomical date. The meteorologists use what is called a meteorogical calendar which is really more in linre with the actual seasonal changes. The meteorlogical winter runs from Dec. 1 to March 1st. Spring from March 1 - June 1, Summer from June 1 - Sept. 1, Fall from Sept. 1 - Dec 1.

Yesterday was also a beautiful day. It warmed up to 15, warmest it’s been since Christmas. I was outside just about all afternoon enjoying the day as there is a bit of warmth in the sun. Made a few adjustments on my snowblower, cleaned up my drive and dog’s yard, took dog’s for a walk and threw Pipers ball for her for awhile. They enjoyed the time out there to. Will be heading out for a walk later on today too.

I had a good year this year too. Met new friends from this forum group, enjoyed some travels and just had an all around good year. The year was not with out it’s trials and tribulations for many though. But I am ready for 2018 and whatever it brings. Happy New Years Eve everyone :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Birdie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Peggy, I have sent you a pm.

I miss spoke about our cold. It doesn’t get cold here until a bit later today...maybe. Weather cannot make up its mind about speed, but I think the direction has been set! We will still get it! My sister in SW OK is currently 17* feeling like 10 and will hit 8 tonight! That is one reason that it is hard enuf to keep warm and be outside! Sue, I am so glad you are good with your weather. Are you still planning on the dog sled adventure? If I were 40 years younger I’d do it. I downhill skied until I was about 50! That, too, was cold, but you could warm up on the slopes! Aaahhh, those days!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Happy New Year everyone. I am thankful for your friendship and support. 2017 has been a tumultuous year, as most here know. I won't feel like possible optimism until after the next CT scan Mel has shows positive progress, but I'm hopeful. Going to be a quiet evening here in sunny Northern California. In 40's at moment. Son in MN wrote last night saying they were expecting -50 windchill overnight. Made me feel almost like turnig on AC.......almost! :D will have our usual appetizer supper and Mel says he might feel like playing Scrabble with Chris and I. A good sign for a better day today. Have a god safe evening everyone. Onward to 2018!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby cnq50b » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

HI all,
Sorry about the deep freeze many of you are in.
Sue, it sounds like you know how to enjoy the good days (even if that only means 15 degrees).
Peggy, good to hear you escaped the NE - hopefully you're far enough south to ditch the cold TX weather too.
Birdie, downhill skiing at 50! why am I not surprised? Good for you!

2017 had its share of ups & downs, joys & challenges. I agree with Beth it flew by. Looking forward to see what 2018 brings.

Thought Sadie & I would watch the sun set on 2017 at the beach - thankfully that'll happen at 4:54 PM so it won't have to be a late night. Will celebrate with the kids via group video chats at 3 PM with Gaby & SIL in Paris, then 10PM in KS & TX families. Hoping kids here just celebrate with DIL's family & call me in the morning. ;)

Sending wishes for joy & blessings for each of you in the coming year.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Redetotry » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Happy New Year everyone.. I agree 2017 really did zip by. It is cold here too, I cancelled plans to go out tonight because didn't want to be out on the road . It is supposed to be -2 and 15 mph wind!! I can't imagine -51 windchill !!! Or your weather Sue, at -20!! Hope your feeling better Beth. So many people are sick. That's another reason I'm staying home the people I was meeting just got over the flu and still coughing.

The puppy and Toby both have ear infections. I've had Emma to the vet twice and hers has gone from bacterial to yeast. Toby woke me at 1:30 AM shaking his ears. I haven't had to deal with ear infections in a long time.

Hope the New Year brings good times and good health for all.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:01 pm

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. I agree, each year seems to go faster than the one before. Have a safe and
fun evening everyone.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:24 pm

I can't believe it's suppose to get down to 25 tonight into the teens this coming week. I know that is nothing for some but we are just not prepared for that. I'm only about 5 miles from the Gulf. It's not suppose to be that cold. Just hope we don't lose power anytime.

No plans for tonight but to watch the New Years shows. I can't believe that people want to stand out in the cold in Times Square.

Hope we all have a great new year.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee