Last Saturday of 2017

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Saturday of 2017

Postby Colliemom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 am

Morning all. The clock is ticking on 2017. In 48 hours we will be in a New Year with an empty page to write another chapter in our lives on. Any ody making any New Years Resolutions?

The cold continues here as well as other parts of the country. Layering when going out is the word here. Hasn’t stopped people from enjoying the outdoors, but is limiting the amount of time doing it. The dogs and I are still doing our daily walks, just shorter. Good time for in house projects. Winds have been light, so that’s been good.

Lyn, you asked about property taxes here. They vary widely from place to place. Our taxes are called millages and are assesed as “mills”. They are based on your homes assesed value. For example say at $1 for each mill, a $ 125,000 home would be $1250 in taxes. But each city, township, county has different assesements of course as well as additional milages for various services or temporary funding for projects. Those are voter approved millages which last for the time period requested for and must be put up for renewal each time they expire. We also have a Homestead Property tax exemption which means that your primary residence is exempted from local school taxes up to 18 mills. If you own a second home or property, that is not exempted and must pay the full millage. Our assessed value cannot rise any higher than the CPI or 5%. We pay taxes twice a year here, which is nice in that part is paid in Feb. and the other part in Sept., so you don’t get the whole bill at once.

Off to the Farmers Market for eggs this morning p,us couple of errands. Then putter in the house. Have a jigsaw puzzle started too. So time to get a move on here. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Last Saturday of 2017

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 am

Good morning,
Can't believe it's Saturday already! A little cool, 47 but it will warm up.
Big chore for today, clean and sweep a corner in the shed, Mark it off with tape to visualize what I will need in a storage unit if I go that route. Then I'lll get this packed stuff out there and out of my way.
All closets and cabinets are empty now. After Quartzsite I should be able to finish the painting and get this on the market.
Nothing else from me, y'all have a good day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:31 am

Time for Drew's walk on the beach. He was "ball crazy" yesterday. Six guys on the beach were playing football. He wanted that ball soooooo bad! Finally, when I wouldn't let him go after it, he gave me a herding dog smack on my leg. :o We'll see what excitement we find today. ;)
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Louise, thats funny. I can just see Drew smacking you. Little Benji got his hair cut yesterday. Wished she cut his feet shorter, but, over all she does a good job.

I don't bother with NY Resolutions anymore.

Will go visit daughter today then spend tomorrow home and go to bed early. (as usual) There is always lots of noise at midnight, so I can say "rabbits", if I remember!

Quartzsite will get up to 72* this afternoon! I am so ready to get out there.

That was interesting Sue about the property taxes. We pay in two installments also. Thanks for the info.

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby carolb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Gmorning :)

It's afternoon here, but I am finally getting around to saying hello to all my MC family after quite an absence! I missed wishing y'all a great Cmas, so I will wish y'all a happy new year now before I neglect to do so...I have been reading & it was nice to read all the greetings on Cmas day, so kind of you to take the time to do that. I have not been "myself" lately, probably due to not sleeping well. I find myself reading the forum in the very wee hours of the morning, thinking "too early to start MC," then I put the laptop away....but I do enjoy keeping up with all that's going on .

I'm dogsitting until Jan 12th, then will be heading south--at least that's my plan at the moment. Again I will miss Q, my favorite wintering place. I'm sure all of those going there will have a great time. I hope to catch up with the many that will be in FL...

Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:31 pm

My New Years resolutions are more like wishes because I don't do any thing to make them happen. :roll: Just wish I could lose 50 pounds but keep eating. :lol:

Our border collie has never smacked us but one of the cats will take a swipe at us as we walk by. She loves the soap I use so she tries to bite me on the leg when I get out of the shower. Crazy cat! PC the cat from New Orleans has decided he is a front porch cat since most of the other cats hang out on the back porch. Since he is usually by himself he gets a treat if I go out. He is a really nice cat. Minds his own business and doesn't try to fight with anyone.

Carolb, if you go West after you go South I hope I get to see you. Doesn't look like I will be able to get very far from home.

I got the water heater in the motorhome fixed so it will run on gas. The guy said there was about 3 pounds of mud dauber dirt in it. I figured that was the problem. If working on the furnace didn't involve removing a sofa I would have had them check it too.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Got up this morning and went for a short hike to a nearby lake/reservoir. Not very big but pretty area with lots of trails and very popular. It once was a small volcano! Beautiful weather outside today so was good to get some fresh air and exercise.

Came home and started going thru my mail and bills which I haven't done since I moved in, so a lot of paper to go thru. Did find some good things tho! Got a $20 gift card from MN for getting my annual mammogram. Some sort of 'thank you' from the state for getting it done! Then I found a paycheck I didn't know I had. Must be the first one from the new shop that came out before the automatic deposit got started, so that was another $200 I wasn't expecting! Then I discovered I have a home warranty paid in full (one of those misc fees among many others with all the real estate fees when closing?). I need to go thru it and see what all it covers.

My electric and gas bill was higher than expected, so will have to be more careful about lights and heat in here.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee