Friday Morn

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday Morn

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 am

Eventually I'll be able to legally drive Buddy. I knew the holidays would make things take longer, but my friend got to the county offices yesterday with the power of attorney they told me she needed to discover they told me the wrong one! There are two, one covers more than the other. So, if she can get to work today she'll scan in the new one and send it to me to sign and send back. Otherwise will be another week behind lol

Beautiful days in Arizona. Can't ask for better weather. I've never been a fan of the chilly morning temps, but like the cool/cold nights for sleeping... So it all works out. On my off weeks from working I just convince Peaches we don't need to rush out of bed, even if we're "up". My new humidifier is supposed to arrive today... Fingers crossed... I really need it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Friday Morn

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Good Morning, It is another beautiful day here in SD. I hope Cougar Fan enjoyed the gorgeous day yesterday prior to watching her football team play a horrible game and lose!

Nothing much to do today except Benji goes to the beauty shop and I go to the library.

Sue, I agree, you have a beautiful place to live...how are the taxes tho?

When I was full timing, people would ask me which was my favorite place. I loved every where I was. This is a beautiful country!

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby avalen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Good morning
Winding down another year and ready to open another chapter.
Took the motorhome to gas station this morning, its ready to hit the road but we
have a homeowners meeting in the 13th. If its early in the day I can leave right after.
Guess I should check the time on that meeting.
I went and looked at storage units the other day, I honestly don't want to bother my son and daughter to hold my stuff. Storage is doable and is climate controlled but I'll reserve that decision for later.
Back to cleaning, y'all have a good day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Good morning gals!

Didn't get a lot done yesterday, just some shopping at WM.

Got some good news this morning. I asked a handiman here in the park to help put plastic under the house for a moisture barrier as requested by Lumber Liquidators before putting in the flooring. He came by this morning to check it out and said there is already a plastic moisture barrier under the whole house and showed me. So that is one less ($$$) thing I need to get done! Yay!

Need to take care of a couple things around here today and then head off to work. I have tomorrow off but no idea what I will do. Maybe check out the Lake Calavera hiking trails nearby.

Hope you all have a great day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Visiting Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland today. Sitting to rest my back while rest of family is seeing last part of museum. Still cold here but up to 16 today. Whooped! Dog loves to run but late at night does not want to go outside because of cold. Don't blame her. Pretty outside, however.

Headed back to LV on Monday.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:30 pm

JudyJB wrote:Visiting Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland today. Sitting to rest my back while rest of family is seeing last part of museum. Still cold here but up to 16 today. Whooped! Dog loves to run but late at night does not want to go outside because of cold. Don't blame her. Pretty outside, however.

Headed back to LV on Monday.

I really enjoyed visiting the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked so will try to go back one day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:37 pm

There are quite a few small mom and pop restaurants in South Louisiana. They usually have one or two specials everyday and it's like home cooking. I don't know what the rest of the country calls it but we call it plate lunches. The local grocery store has a deli or lunch counter. They have 2 different entrees every week day plus baked and fried chicken all the time. I pick up lunches often since I'm in town everyday. Today they had shrimp and corn bisque. I picked up some for Harold. Most of the time when I get there he is arguing with them about going back to bed instead of eating lunch. He usually eats all his lunch plus a Boost and a cookie I bring.

Lyn, I'm with you, I think we have a beautiful country too. One of my best friends thinks traveling in an RV is boring and she flies all over the world. I would be happy to be able to get on the road and see more of our country. I didn't lose anything in Africa.

This morning the sun was out for a change and it got up to 61. Now it's overcast and getting cooler again. Starting Sunday night the temperatures are suppose to be in the lower 20's at night. We will be very luck if we don't have some busted pipes outside. I hope I have some RV antifreeze because Walmart didn't have any. I will run the heat in the motorhome and put antifreeze in the drain traps and holding tanks.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee