Still Cold in the North Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Still Cold in the North Thursday

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 am

All the dogs are back home and our wandering about is over until we find more funds. What funds we have now will be spent on the heating bill I think. No frost bite on the paws, yet, but no one is volunteering to stay out very long. And out of necessity I will need to stay in, so they are on their own out there in the frozen tundra. Hope everyone can make some wonder for their day.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Still Cold in the North Thursday

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Sunny, clear and going to be warm this afternoon. Big doings today for the Holiday Bowl. Parade, bands, floats and big football game tonight. Heard Cougar Fan is in town, but don't know how to reach her in all the crowds. I will watch ir all on TV. Don't like large crowds.
lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 pm

I am finally done with school and am now a certified hypnotherapist!

I have the day off and plan to take it easy today. Just do some laundry, clean up a bit around here and maybe make a quick run to Walmart later. I am sure there is a nap or two on the agenda too! :lol:

Hope you all have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cougarfan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:29 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:Sunny, clear and going to be warm this afternoon. Big doings today for the Holiday Bowl. Parade, bands, floats and big football game tonight. Heard Cougar Fan is in town, but don't know how to reach her in all the crowds. I will watch ir all on TV. Don't like large crowds.
lyn

Yes I'm here with my Mom. We're staying over in Poway. Wanted to see if we could visit but just don't have time this trip. Had a quick dinner with Sharon last night on our way past her neck of the woods.

We're off to breakfast shortly and then to the pregame party at the stadium. We'll be on the 30 yard line behind the Cougar bench. Just look for the white hair LOL
Cougarfan

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:58 pm

YEA! I will route for Cougars while looking for the white hair in the crowd!!! Glad you got to see Sharon anyway. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm "chilling" with son and grandkids in Ohio! Really cold last night. And I have a horrible cold and cough, but saw my new internist yesterday, so got my meds renewed for a year. Nice lady doctor, so happy with that. I wanted someone who focused on adults and not kids or family practice. Just got back from going with my son to take kids roller skating, so everyone is wiped out and kids are in their rooms relaxing. Will be watching them tonight while parents go out to dinner.

I'll be back in Valley of Fire SP north of Las Vegas on New Year's Day, so if anyone is around, let me know.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Colliemom » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Way past Morning Coffee here, more like Afternoon Tea :lol: Was talking with Louise (HavingFunNow) and also my cousin’s wife on FB chat this morning and then neded to get this day rolling. Made bed, cleaned up, changed from jammies to my everyday clothes and headed to town. Froze at the gas station for a few minutes :lol: , stopped in the store, bought some stain to do some door framing I installed last year :roll: and stopped at drapery place to make arrangements to have her come out and measure etc., to install some more cellular shades in a couple windows and over my side door window. So starting to work on tbe cosmetic stuff in here. Now to go look for some curtains for my bedroom and office along with some valances for same as well as living room, entry doors and one window in entryway. Country Curtains, whom I have used in past years is going out of business, so now gotta play seek and ye shall find :( I ordered a couple valances last spring from someplace in CA and think I can remembervthe name :?

Dogs are napping after our afternoon walk. Bit warmer today, around 11 :lol: , so decided to take a bit longer walk. They of course are totally oblivious to the cold, snooping and sniffing all over and wearing coats besides. But don’t want to take our long 2 1/2 mile walk right now as gotta watch those paws in the cold and snow. Doggie boots won’t stay on their silky feet.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Irmi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi ladies!

It is cold in FL and we will wake up in the low 50's for a couple days and almost end up there for the next week. Florida is getting ready for winter. I don't like it, but it is so much better than the teens our home state is getting. We have friends in upstate NY that are hoping they can make it back down to FL.

We took friends to a Mom & Pop restaurant today for lunch. Some of our friends would call it "low brow", but these places are to die for! These are the places we look for. Some people like to go to franchise restaurants, and that's okay.

Steve & I are both doing well and are hoping for better 2018! Have a good night!
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 am

Irmi, eating out for me means, usually, Mom and Pop... I'm with you there. Especially when someone recommends a place.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Irmi, I totally love those kinds of places to eat! The "greasy spoon" and truck stop foods are the best! Good homemade food and lots of it! Usually the prices aren't bad either. Altho many truck stops now just have the franchise restaurants.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee