Freezin on Wednesday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Freezin on Wednesday!

Postby Colliemom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:27 am

Good Morning from the 45th. -10 here this morning, with a few inches of fresh snow. Nice and toasty in here. Dogs don’t even want to go out :lol: Got the snow from Christmas Day all cleaned up. Turned out to be only 6 inches. No big deal. But this weather has created some spectacular winter wonderland scenery. Wish I could have taken some pictures yesterday while I was out on the road to town, but traffic and road conditions made parking on shoulder out of the question. Lot of people out yesterday, mostly the influx of those heading up from the downstste areas for holiday play time. And the on again, off again, Winter Storm Warning for lake effect snow is on again. Yesterday we had very little and even some peaks of sun. It was cold, but it’s winter. As one lady I was talking to said, it is what it is.

Barbie, sounds like your guardian angel showed up in form of a handyman. Perfect timing. One less problem to worry about. Now on to painting before the floors get laid. It will sneak up on you fast. I’m going to spend the winter on cosmetic upgrades in this house and put new carpeting in this coming spring after the snow is gone and ground dries up. Want to be able to open windows to air out the new carpet smell.

But today will be some financial book work, vacuming and maybe depending on weather, a visit to cousin’s or a trip to town for dog food etc. shall see how it plays out. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Dec 27th Wednesday

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 am

Good Morning It is frosty here 10 shivery degrees!! My neighbor and I went to the local diner and had biscuits and gravy for breakfast to warm up.
It seems extra hard to keep on track of the days this week between Christmas and New Years. It doesn't feel like Wednesday
I finally remembered to call the man who does our taxes to see if it we should pay our 2018 real estate taxes before the 31s, since they won't be deductible under the new tax bill next year. Found out unless you itemize it doesn't help. I wanted to check it out though. I've read some states are allowing it and others aren't.
I've been caught up in reading a series of 3 books that I recommended in Book Talk check it out I think first one was free or .99 on Amazon.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Freezin on Wednesday!

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Good morning
Woke up thinking about my boxes of chocolate I got at Christmas. Where are they? Ahhh, left them in the car! Will enjoy some chocolate later .
Really making progress on getting rid of stuff here, just might make it over to salvation army store today to empty the car. At least I don't feel stressed.
Time to get dressed, y'all have a good day.
Last edited by avalen on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Freezin on Wednesday!

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm

After my comedy of errors day yesterday, I'm laying low today. Got word that my friend is picking up my certified mail to her today, so hopefully Buddy will have plates, etc soon. With the holidays, it's taking longer, but no problem.

Biscuits and gravy sounds really yummy... Might need to go out for them soon.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee