It’s Saturday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Saturday!

Postby Colliemom » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 am

Good Morning everyone. Another week almost over. Enjoyed reading yesterday’s posts. Judy, good luck in getting your cupboards and other repairs fixed. Beth, I had a couple of scooters at one time too. Was fun tooling around on them Martha, your uncle sounds like my dad. He loved to go for rides and drives and see different things. Mom did too. I miss those days. We did the Christmas lights tours too.

Irmi, don’t know where your friends were in MI but they got out just ahead of the winter storm. The southern part of the state had more snow than we did from a clipper system, but yesterday we got dumped on by Winter Storm Chloe as they are calling it. I haven’t seen it snow that hard in quite some time. If it had been rain, it would have been a cloudburst. Guess you could call it a snowburst :lol: Huge big flakes just coming down. At least an inch an hour. I watched the flakes fall and the wind make little swirls and the flakes falling through the trees, nature at work in the cycle of natural things. Now this morning I gaze out on a fresh blanket of white fluff that looks like God placed a blanket of cotton over the earth. The tree limbs and boughs are draped in white. Things are quiet and still. About the only missing is a fireplace with a crackling fire. A perfect Christmas scene.

So today’s fun is waiting out there in the shape of a snowblower and shovel. O’Sharon, know what you mean about blowing in the winds. I fight against it most of the time. Fortunately I can usually blow with it to either side of my drive, but no matter, I usually look like the abominable snowman when I’m done :lol: I see that SD is in for some snow too, so that will help the fire out there. And the Thomas fire in CA just keeps on burning. Terrible.

Okay, am starting to write a bok here. Time to stop. Y’all have a good day and stsy safe!
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: It’s Saturday!

Postby asirimarco » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 am

Good morning to all. It has finally stopped raining here and the sky is bright blue this morning. With all the clearing of the land behind us every things smells moldy. Hope it dries up quickly as it is the mold that bothers Bill so bad.
Posting my blog today about all the children dressed up for the Virgin of Guadalupe day here in Mazatlan. They are so beautiful.
Went looking for oven thermometer and pizza stone yesterday. Got nothing but strange looks. There are a couple of kitchen stores in Centro, might try them. But probably will have to go to Amazon.MX to get them. Sure not a priority.
Stay warm and take care on the road.
asirimarco

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:00 am

Drew believes he herded ducks into the lake this morning. They were hiding in tall growth at the shoreline, and he startled them. He went into his Border Collie crouch, and they didn't fly away, but swam out into the lake.

He was quite pleased with himself! They were so much more responsive than Max the cat!!! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Cudedog » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 am

Colliemom wrote: . . .Huge big flakes just coming down. At least an inch an hour. I watched the flakes fall and the wind make little swirls and the flakes falling through the trees, nature at work in the cycle of natural things. Now this morning I gaze out on a fresh blanket of white fluff that looks like God placed a blanket of cotton over the earth. The tree limbs and boughs are draped in white. Things are quiet and still. About the only missing is a fireplace with a crackling fire. A perfect Christmas scene.

Oh! Be still my heart! It sounds just beautiful. What you wrote should be printed inside a Christmas card! :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 am

Good morning
Got a chuckle about Drew, thanks Louise:-)
Just a tad cool this morning, supposed to get some rain later on. We need it! The pollen needs to
get washed down out of that stink tree behind the fence. The garden hose helps but a good rain would be better. I hate working in the yard in that stink, it makes me gag and makes Maggie's eyes all itchy.
In a couple hours I'll get my car loaded up with tubs that go to son for his yard sale. The car will be full!
Will fold down the seat making it like a station wagon.
I think I'm finally beginning to sleep better at nights again. At least I've quit waking up at 2:30 and sleeping til 5. I'm sure as time goes on and things settle down in my life if will get better and better.
Never in my life did I ever know what insomnia was until recently.
Velez, hope the treatment goes well. My sister was on one of those with her chemo. There were two she took through a port in her chest, a 3 month treatment. She just finished, mri came out good, but doing another mri in Jan. Can't remember which one she said she had to continue for the rest of her life, a fusion every 3 weeks. She said she will still be able to travel cause being late for a fusion would be ok.
Not much else from my side of the world, y'all have a good day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:24 am

I woke up exhausted today. Maybe I didn't sleep well. No clue, but I'm guessing it'll be early to bed tonight.

Sue, I love your description. While I no longer want to live in snow, I do believe it makes for the most beautiful of all our seasons. Well that and sunrises/sunsets year round. So please, share pictures!

And you go, Drew :D
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:36 am

Bethers wrote:Sue, I love your description. While I no longer want to live in snow, I do believe it makes for the most beautiful of all our seasons. Well that and sunrises/sunsets year round. So please, share pictures!

Pictures! Yes please! Sue, would love a photo of your house, nestled in the snow.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Hopefully good news on the burros at Custer State Park. Yesterday it was feared 3 had died... They have been found alive! The 9 park burros have now all been found. The scary news is that all 9 have been hurt by the fire. Luckily the staff and vets for the park are awesome and it's been decided to treat all of them. Crossing fingers and toes for a good healthy outcome for all 9.

There will be a bison roundup as soon as possible to treat them for any potential problems. And to do a count. Both elk herds have been spotted. My next concern is to find out about the prairie dogs... Would they have been safe in their underground homes?

Also no mention of the goats and sheep, but they are likely to have left the park for safer territory.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Carol, unless you are really using it to cook pizza, just find a couple of unglazed tiles that have been baked in a kiln. I just picked up three new ones that are about 4" by 12" at Home Depot. $1.77 each. I had two others but decided they were too small. These will cover more of the floor of my oven.

Sounds like you are on a cooking spree--or at least a cooking spree for you. I am always envious at all the wonderful restaurant meals you have.

Went to get blood work done, and they did not have my order. Went to post office, and it was closed. Also, I lost the little middle thing that the glass plate sits on and turns in my microwave. Tried to find replacement, but no one carries them, so going to have to order from Amazon. It seems like I always have a long list of errands when I get into a town like Napa.

Ditto on pictures, Sue.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:22 am

Yay on the burros! Beth, I told you that they were probably just separated and OK. Hope they can get the care they need to make a full recovery!

I am devastated about the fires flaring back up near Santa Barbara! 19,000 acres burned already and again out of control with the high winds today. I lived there back in '85 and found that whole area so gorgeous. Makes me so sad to hear it is all burning up. It is now the 4th largest fire in CA history. We really need rain! It was cloudy here today but no rain. Cooler tho. Mid 60's.

I did my hypnotherapy session today and ended up having my instructor as my "client" since the volunteer cancelled. Was really nervous but she said I did very well. She said I have a perfect voice for putting people under. :o I think that was a compliment... :? Only two classes left! So much information to take in tho. I will have to go thru all my papers again later to make more sense of it all.

I bought a small turkey breast tonight to make for Christmas. Will be nice to have a turkey dinner again. Haven't had a homemade one for awhile now.

Trying to finish up my dock board Christmas project so I can get them sent out on Monday. Christmas is just one week away already!

There is a New Years Eve party here at the park. The park has their own band that plays occasionally here so that should be fun to go to. Can meet more of my neighbors. I missed out on the Christmas dinner since I waited too long to sign up for it. :roll:

Sue, I too would like to see a photo of the fresh snowfall at your place. It is so pretty when it is fresh like that (especially if you don't have to go out and shovel or drive in it.)

Velda, good luck with Mels new treatments! Keeping my fingers crossed that this works well for him!

Have a good night! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee