Freezin’ Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Freezin’ Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 am

Morning everyone. Sun is rising in the eastern sky, temp is zero degrees. Blanket of white snow covering the ground, the rooftops, the trees. Santa will have plenty of stuff to land on. Actually there’s only about 8 inches of fluffy powder out there. Been around 11 degrees for highs, not counting some wind chill. Been out blowing snow yesterday and of course the daily dog walks. They get to wesr their dog coats in this cold. But they are sniffing, snooping, playing tug of war with one of my gloves, romping and chasing each other a bit, just having a jolly good time along the way. Next week, they get a spa day :)

So, today am off to town on errands and looking at new dryers. Want to see how much would cost to have gas one put in as they are more energy efficient, if not, will go with basic electric one. Don’t want all the bells and whistles stuff.

Otherwise, not much new around here. Good luck at the dog show Tina. Judy, hope the temp fix works till you get the new part. Carolb, pumpkin bread sounds yummy. I’m toying with maybe making small batch of butter comies to munch on over holidays. Don’t really want sweet stuff around as won’t leave it alone, but am going to make the pumpkin pie I didn’t make at Thanksgiving. Might throw a turkey breadt in the oven too. For Christmas Eve. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Freezin’ Thursday

Postby avalen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 am

Good morning, its only 47 now but it will warm up.
Finally finished Jacks treasure box, now to add a few touch's of my rock collection
to the inside. He loves the pretty rocks as I do. Asked daughter yesterday if he knew what a falling star was,,,,yes he does. There for I have a nice fist sized meteorite I collected from Quartzsite last year while wandering around out there past the campsite. Its been tested and confirmed, so I am thrilled to pass this on to him.
Took a load of stuff to daughters from my kitchen. She recognised a piece from her childhood. A fire king peach colored 9" round cake or casserole dish. We talked about the fire king stuff being vintage and we googled it. She now knows not to let it get broke.
My cabinets are getting bare and the living room is getting cluttered! Lol Will load the car today and tomorrow to go to sons on Saturday. I still have lots to do though, haven't even opened the storage under the bed. I know its only half full as I sorted through that couple years ago looking for all my documents of marriage and divorce , etc to redo the new licensing requirement.
My mind is on a mission to get this place emptied. I really hope to have it sold by summer.
Has anybody had weird stuff happen on your smart phone lately? Just over this past week I pick up my phone and even before I swipe to my home screen an ad pops up! Then I have close the add before I can get to my home screen. Its happened a few times as I go to close it out too! I expect pop-up adds if I'm reading on a website, but really, before I can even open my home screen? Wth?
Ok, I'm done, y'all have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Irmi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 am

Good morning Sue, Alice & everyone!

Sue, it's nice hearing about your adventures in the snow and the picture you posted a bit back was so pretty. That's the way I like snow, in pictures. Alice, I hope you get the fifth wheel cleaned out and sold quickly. I know you're anxious to move on to the next phase in your life.

CArol, I know you're enjoying spending time with your family and hope you find a place that you want to call home. Martha, I'm glad you were able to get on the road for awhile with your camping friends and hope Harold is doing okay. Beth, so glad you got the Cruiser sold . Looks like many of you will be going to Q for a GT. One of these days, we'll have to make a trip there to see what it's all about.

For those of you not on Facebook, Steve had a mini stroke one week ago today, was hospitalized for a couple days and sent home. We have some changes to make in our lifestyle, and now that he is home, we have walked lots of steps.

Here's wishing all of you a good day, whether you are on the road or home.
Irmi

Postby Othersharon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:42 pm

A bit past morning here in PA. Been out playing in the snow. Well, not exactly playing but trying to get the driveway cleared of the several inches of snow. Bless my neighbor, he cleared my sidewalk earlier. Was going to try to snowblow it but there’s a fairly strong wind that’s blowing it all around and back on what I just cleared. After I thaw out a bit I’ll get back to it! So not my favorite time of year!

Irmi, was sorry to hear about Steve but glad he’s home. Hope he continues to do okay. Alice, sounds like you are making good progress with your getting things cleared out. I continue to do a bit at a time in my purging! Sue, sounds like you’ve gotten your share of the white stuff too! Let winter begin!

Well, not much else happening. Enjoying reading about everyone else’s adventures. Have a good day!
Othersharon

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Irmi, I'm always watching for updates... You and Steve have changed so much, diet, etc, that I was so surprised about the stroke. Sometimes I think things happen no matter what we do.. But walking is certainly good for all of us. And I'm so happy you had help and Steve got care so quickly... That mini stroke could have turned so much worse.

I've been loving the snow pictures. But been so sad for the fire devastating my favorite state park... Custer State Park. There's no clue yet as to how the animals are doing.

I came to the casita at a good time. There was a 2 hour session yesterday talking about the co-op and how it all works. I understood some, but learned a ton more and found out lots of ways I can volunteer here and there even when only here a few days. And I learned what fees are actually returned if/when I surrender my lease. It makes some fees much more palatable and easy to vote for for the best of the co-op.

Plans were to head back to Arizona City today, but I decided to stay another day... No hurry as long as I'm back for work Monday.

Yesterday I took my bathroom door off. It's in my storage in case I want it back. I've ordered a tension rod and curtain. That door has been my nemesis since day one.

Well morning is winding down. Laundry time, I think.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Sitting at a rest area on I-5 on my way north. Paid my bill at Camping World yesterday and found out that my kitchen cabinets are sagging. When the roller broke and got mangled, there was no support for the lower and upper cabinets, so they both started pulling away from their attachment. The lower one was an hour fix--guy used L-brackets to screw it to wall. He was very unsure of what to do with upper cabinets, which on far left side have dropped about 3/4 of an inch from the top of the slide, where they are mounted. Problem is how to fix because when you knock on ceiling it sounds empty. So I told him to skip that one and just do lower. I will reduce weight and put only light stuff up there until I can contact Fleetwood to find out what to screw to.

I am really exhausted from all of this. Had to pack everything in cabinets up and put in boxes and then I still need to unpack much of it. PLus did not get much sleep Tuesday night in hotel. Slept better last night but had to get up early and get to dealer to get lower cabinets fixed.

Anyway, this is giving me a good opportunity to rethink what I cart around and toss what I do not use. Some stuff will go in outside bins instead of inside cabinets if I do not use it often. And I am getting rid of my dishes--have almost never used them. Will buy a couple of soup cups for guests and give rest of stuff away, along with heavy plastic glasses and mugs.

One of biggest luxuries of full-timing, at least, is being able to stop at a rest area, fix a lunch, and sit in your recliner with your feet up while eating and going online!!! Aaahhhhh. ;)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Irma, I hadn't heard that Steve had a mini stroke. I sure hope he doesn't have any more. I think Harold was having mini strokes that were going unnoticed before he went in the hospital. He had blockage in his neck and the doctor wanted to treat it with medicine. After he had a major stroke in the hospital, then the doctor wants to do surgery. I still think if he had done the surgery when he first went in his mind wouldn't be messed up. The doctor saved his life but didn't give him a life he wants to live. He is better off than some of the patients at the home. I'm not one to take much medicine but I now take a low dose aspirin everyday. It's in the drink holder in my car so I can't miss it since I'm in the car everyday.

Ava, my phone is doing weird things too. Sometimes I will have it charging on my desk and there will be a picture on it and it will be very warm like it has been on for a while. I don't like that. It is always dinging and when I look it will have an ad on it. There is weather thing that comes up and I have yet to get the local weather. If I click on it I get 5 ads. If I click on no thanks, I get 5 more ads. Pain in the a$$!

The little bit of snow we got seems to have excited the local weather men. They keep talking about a white Christmas. I don't think we have ever had a white Christmas and I don't expect one this year.

Ding Bat Annie is flying around here today. That cat wakes up in a new world every day. Today she is carrying CC's toys around like they are her kitten. Years ago we had a cat that would carry Harold's glass cases around.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Whew! Lots done and more to do! I ripped out the carpeting and padding in the living room and dining room this morning. Lots of stains on the subfloor so I treated that with Natures Miracle and once that dries, will seal it with KILZ.
Now am tearing up the carpet in the master bedroom and bath. Almost done with the carpet and then take up the padding. Hoping that room isn't quite so bad.

Had my handyman over today to fix a plumbing issue which turned out to be a much bigger job than we thought. He and his helper were here most of the day $$$$$. But it is fixed now. They also helped me move the couch (that I got with the house) out into the sunroom and hauled away all the carpet and padding for me. He also put up a motion sensor light by the front door.

I am already really sore all over and I am sure it will get worse before it gets better! :o But I had to get that carpeting up to take care of the smell in the subfloor before the new flooring goes in. Will paint the lower walls before then too. Hopefully the big expensive stuff will all be done soon!

Irmi, I hope Steve is recovering well. Those little strokes don't usually do any long term damage if caught and treated right away.

Back to work!... Have a good evening!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:53 am

About those phone ads. Guessing you have Android phones and not iPhones. Mel,says: look for a pop up blocker in the Android store which will fix the problem. Mel runs both virus software and 2 pop up blockers on his Samsung Note and hasn't had a ad like you describe since I stalling the aps for blocking.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks Velda, I'll go look cause yes my phone is android
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 am

My phone is Android... Has an anti virus program in it ... Security Master.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee