Wet Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wet Wednesday

Postby asirimarco » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:09 am

Good Morning to all from a wet Mazatlan. It has been raining the entire night. A very steady rain. At least all the bushes should have the dust washed off. The weather forecast said it would rain Thursday and off and on all weekend. So guess it got here a little early. And it has warmed up a lot from the past few nights. We've been running the little electric heater at night and in the morning to take the chill off. This morning it isn't even light yet and we have the door open.
I'm glad we spent a lot of yesterday out and about. And that we got the cab of the RV painted on Sunday.
Both Bill and I have been awake since around 3:30 - finally got up. So I see a nap coming along later today for both of us.
Been keeping my blog about life in Mazatlan up daily if your interested. Sure see some interesting things here - or maybe I should say different.
Guess I shouldn't complain about the rain when I see all the snow and fires in the US.
Take care if you are on the road.
asirimarco

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 am

Gmorning Carol & all to follow :)

Yep, it's all relative. We're in a deep freeze here, with snow off & on. But I too am not complaining--fires, hurricanes, floods etc are destructive. Just can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything or just about everything.

So, not much going on here, not going out in this cold. Have a couple of my homegrown pumpkins to cook, puree & freeze. May keep some aside to make pumpkin bread...

Nothing else, but just wanted to pop in & say hello to my MC family. Hope y'all have a great day & be safe (& warm) wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am

Good Morning Carol's !! And everyone !! Sun is up and out really pretty, but in the 40's so won't be venturing out to soon. Mr P hasn't even peeked at me yet :D

Moving on from south , going north to Ocala. Have an appointment for Gen 8 am Friday morning. Quicker then I expected but glad. Will stop by Trans Am and get part they had to order put on for battery switch. Said I didn't need an appointment just go in but I probably will call Thursday and check, so they KNOW I'll be there and won't be a long wait, I hope :roll:

Seems everyday is full but nothing to write about. It's that time of year, Friday would have been our 45th anniv, and where will I be setting? Hmmmm ?? At least I have a purpose for the day, which is something that has needed attention for some time. Just hoping not overly expensive!! :D

Well, on with my day, have to make sure all is ready to travel in here. I try to keep most put away at all times but something always slips by me :lol:

Enjoy your day, do something good for yourself, please stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 am

Currently driving through SC and about 5.5 hours from Orlando. We left Cindy’s driveway about 4 pm yesterday. Start showing tomorrow! Glad to leave the slushy winters mix behind in the mountains of WV. 70 degrees here we come!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 am

Good Morning, It is quite warm here too! Yesterday when walking Benji, I had to stay on the shady side of the street as it was so warm on the sunny side.
Off to the water safety instructors luncheon today.
I wish some of that rain down in Mauizaland would come up here.
Awaiting the arrival of two packages, then all Christmas shopping is DONE!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 am

BirdbyBird wrote:Currently driving through SC and about 5.5 hours from Orlando. We left Cindy’s driveway about 4 pm yesterday. Start showing tomorrow! Glad to leave the slushy winters mix behind in the mountains of WV. 70 degrees here we come!

Are you warmed up yet Tina ?! Good luck tomorrow I hope the judges pick Joseph!! Have fun.

I am ready for a nap. I had a dream last night that seemed to go on forever. In it I had a black widow spider on the center of my forehead! It was alive but no one could figure out whether to squish it or hit it with something to knock it off. :o :o I'm not particularly afraid of spiders but the dream was so real.ACK Finally the solution was for me to go to sleep and when I woke up it was gone.

It is sunny, cold and very windy here at least no rain or snow.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:06 am

Spent the night in an uncomfortable hotel room because my motorhome was not finished last night. Actually, there was really nothing wrong with the room or the bed--I just missed sleeping in my own bed and having my own stuff. I woke up at 4 am and finally gave up and got up about 7:30, which is really early for me. So I am going down for my breakfast that comes with the room and then head over to the dealer. I had packed a suitcase and rented a car yesterday so I could entertain myself doing some shopping. Got everything for Christmas now. And had lunch out and brought leftover back to room for dinner last night. I was really tired from unloading all the stuff from my kitchen.

A roller underneath my slide had broken off and then did not have a replacement. It would take another 2-3 days to get it, so they ordered one, but then bent back the original and are reinstalling it as a temporary fix. Going to be expensive, but can't avoid it. I will pick up my part on my way back south to Las Vegas after the holidays. Am flying out to see my Ohio kids the day after Christmas from las Vegas, and they have airport parking for big vehicles, so decided a long time ago to do it that way.

Anyway, got to check at the dealer and return my car this morning. Hope it is all fixed.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am

Judy, can you safely use the slide with the temporary fix? I think I'd be afraid to.

I'm still laying in bed with Peaches giving me the eye. She knows when I start moving like i'll really get up. If not for my every other week job, I'd fall back into going to bed at 1 or 2 am (or later) and getting up around 10... Avoid the cold morning walks lol But with the dang short days, I'd miss the daylight. I might still be in bed, but my version shade is open allowing the beautiful sunlight in.

Good luck, Josef! And Tina!

Carol, I've been following, most days, your blog. I was laughing out loud reading it the other day and wanted to post to it, but I've always had trouble doing so and that wasn't the exception.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Mornin' ladies ~~~
Been a while since I've checked in, but have been reading. For those not on Facebook, I've been in CA since arriving in November with Lyn (socalgal). Been doing some sightseeing (Monterrey Aquarium & whale watching tour), as well as marking 5 national parks off my list (Joshua Tree, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite & Pinnacles). Will have to come back at some time because I only saw 1/2 of Pinnacles because the road doesn't go all the way thru the park and only saw the east side, and couldn't get to Tuolumne Meadow because Tioga Pass was already closed for the winter. I did get to Glacier Point and of course Yosemite Valley. Also went to Carrizo Plain National Monument.

I did have to do some rerouting and canceling of 2 one-night reservations, waiting for the CA wildfires, but by Friday I'll be in Blythe, CA and then on to Lake Havasu, AZ for Christmas. I'll be spending a month in Brenda, AZ which will give me time to go to 2 rallies (mfgr & model), Q, visit a cousin in Sun City, hopefully catch up with Eileen and DH, and to get a new thermostat installed. Still warrantied so yeah!

Hope everyone is safe, healthy & happy and looking forward to a great Christmas (yes, Christmas :-) ) and will have a wonderful 2018.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Not much choice, Beth. Even with expediting the part, it might take three days to get it, and then Christmas holidays are coming and they weren't sure they could install it next week because some of their service staff is taking vacations, etc, etc, etc. In the meantime, I would have to rent a car and stay in a hotel here in Bakersfield. (I did not sleep well in one last night.) I am supposed to be celebrating Christmas with my son and family this Sunday so I can drive to LV and fly out to my Ohio family on Dec 27.

The bracket is heavy steel, but what I will do is leave the slide in until I get to Napa, extend it once there, and leave it open for a few days, then close it until I get to Las Vegas. Pain, but the reshaped bracket might last a day or six months. In the meantime, I will order one and have it sent to Las Vegas somewhere, then have a dealer install it there. I tried to get a place nearer Napa to fix this, but they were all booked until February!!! It is the front slide and I can still use everything, except the refrigerator door does not open all the way, but it opens enough.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee