Chillin’ Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Chillin’ Tuesday

Postby Colliemom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 am

Hi y’all. Balmy 5 degrees here this morning :lol: Wind chill is -9 and snowing. So you gals having the colder weather down south, enjoy your balmy 30 degrees or whatever it is this morning :lol:

Reading the tales of missing checkboks, wallets and Judy’s nightmare etc., makes me glad I don’t write checks much either. Just to pay for unexpected service calls to the house or like the bill for my new glasses type things. I’m fortunate in that I use the bill pay account through my investment firm that automatically pays all my utility, truck and Health insurance bills each month. This way none of those companies have direct access to my accounts. I set rhe monthly amount to pay and they automatically pay them electronically from my account each month. Very safe and secure. Have never had an issue of any kind over the years. Did discover recently, my charge card is no longer being reconized in the card chip readers, so called on that. Chip is apparently wearing down so new card being sent. Account is fine. Hopefully the FCC will keep Net Neutraility in place or we will all be going back to the old way of paying bills or paying to pay them.

Nothing much on agenda here today. Meeting with financial advisor about all. Will be too cold, wind chill wise and too windy to bother with snow removal. Have enough projects to keep my busy inside. Started another jigsaw puzzle the other night and was starting to sort the pieces out, when poof, the lights went out :shock: So hauled out a bunch of candles and sat at my kitchen table, sorting pieces by candle light, till the power was restored about an hour later :lol: Localized outage, so figure somebody probably hit a pole aling the highway near here.

Okay, enough jabbering. Time for some strawberries, then hop in shower and get this day moving along. Have a nice day. Keep warm, safe etc. :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Chillin’ Tuesday

Postby avalen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 am

Good morning
Glad you found your checkbook Beth, I went through that last month. Only check I write is for rent.
I was up early this morning and I'm already wanting to go back to bed.
I'm really making headway on purging all the unnecessary stuff. Today I will empty the kitchen cabinets and sort the gadgets, pots and pans and small appliances. The land lease here ends august of 2019 so my plan is to be gone by summer of that year. And of course however other things play out I could be gone sooner, like October of 2018 and spend the winter in Q. Its just a thought but it would certainly save me some money.
Temps are 52 right now, suppose to get up to 80 today. I'm gonna love that!
Ok, back to bed, y'all have a good day, be safe.
Last edited by avalen on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Brrrr, Sue! I remember those days... Not so fondly lol. I like our cool and sometimes cold desert nights here in Arizona, but I've become such a wimp. If I don't have to be anywhere, I stay snuggled in bed a long time. Luckily Peaches is great about it.... We're just getting ready to head out fora walk... 10 am ... I'd wait longer, but won't do that to her.

Should be a glorious afternoon... Hopefully will get a bunch done!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Good morning gals!

I have the next 3 days off from work but have a ton of work to do around here. I pulled up some of the carpet in the living room to see if there were stains on the subfloor and yep, there are. I will pick up some KILZ paint today to cover the floors with, which also means I need to pull up all the carpet myself before the new flooring comes in. Lots of work with all that!

Also working on my X-Mas project today. Found some cool ideas online last night to do with it so need to go back to Lowes or Home Depot to get a few more things for that.

I better get moving here, time's awastin'! Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Got quite a bit done today. I got my car washed this morning. Some guy came in the shop the other day with card full of coupons for a car wash nearby. I bought one for $20. I get two car washes plus one month of free car washes. I figured it would be one of those drive thru kinds, but it turns out it is all hand washed by a crew of guys! They worked on it for almost a half hour and detailed everything inside and out! It is shiny and spotless! I was really impressed!

I worked on my dock project which is turning out really nice so far. I posted about it with a photo in the Crafts thread. Put up my Christmas tree and decorations on my fireplace, and covered the other little window with the stained glass film. Also finished putting blinds up in my bedroom and the valance back up.

Took a walk earlier since it was such a beautiful day.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee