Sunday morning freeze...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday morning freeze...

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 am

Good morning .... well here in this part of Florida it's pretty cold 32 right this minute yikes.... I have to clean the oven from Hell finish it that is I started it yesterday never again will I do this I will buy a new stove... forgot to take my arthritis meds yesterday as I got a free breakfast at the clubhouse and did not take my meds with me... so I'm not moving very well this morning... I think I will take it easy today I've been doing a lot this whole body doesn't want to do a lot... of work that is lol... I might take Pheebe for a ride today check out some places around my new home Crystal River... Later Gators
grammynmaggie

Sunday Snow

Postby carolb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:13 am

Gmorning all :)

Guess we've missed most of the snow storms here--east & west of us got some pretty good dumpings. Just starting to snow a bit in the past couple hours, but barely covering the grass. Haven't even checked to see how much it's to be...

Anyway, not much going on, but wanted to say hi. Barbie, are you still safe from fires out there? That's pretty dang scary! Everybody else out there safe? Just crazy about snow in TX, & Martha, did it get you?

Count down to the big day--just about 2 wks & it'll be over. Hope y'all are enjoying the festivities in whatever manner works for you:) Have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Sunday morning freeze...

Postby carolb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:16 am

Hi Donna...I also started a thread before this was posted,& here you are! Okay Beth, do your thing:)
carolb

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 am

carolb wrote:Hi Donna...I also started a thread before this was posted,& here you are! Okay Beth, do your thing:)

My thing is done :lol:

Gotta get ready for the guys to come to finish the transaction on Cruiser. Then have to dump Winnie and head to my casita for a few days. I slept like a baby last night. Guess it was good to make this sale quickly... After I'd been putting off doing so for a couple weeks.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 am

Good morning gals!

Donna, what's the deal with your oven?

CarolB, yes I am totally safe from the fires. The fire is now 50% contained and has not grown since early Friday with the help of no winds. Unfortunately, the death toll of the horses from the training center is now at 46 with many unaccounted for that were let loose to fend for themselves. There are over 800 horses being cared for at the Del Mar race track. The saying "like a horse running back into the burning barn" is sadly true. They feel safe in there stalls and many refused to leave and died. :cry: One woman was badly burned while trying to save her 6 horses there. Only three were saved.

I think I heard some coyotes howling last night. By the time I opened a window to hear it better, all I heard were some dogs barking. I know there are coyotes along the creek here. And there may be some animals that have headed this way from the fires as well coming down thru the canyon and creek area.

Last night I wiped down all the walls in my bedroom with bleach and water and now I don't smell any of the mustiness that was in there before. So glad that worked. The walls that don't get painted will get washed.

80* and sunny and, luckily, no wind here today. Hoping those of you in the south and east stay safe, dry and warm! What crazy weather!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello!! Afternoon here and beautiful looking outside, but that wind with temp in low 40's not to good, but nice for our necessary walk this morning. We had really low wind chill factors early morning, thought my IPad was messing up. I'm in southern park of Fl right now, but it was wee hours this morning and we were rocking some but inside with heater on. Still this is Fl, temps like that with those wind chill factor, and being so south I was surprised. Not so bad though when I checked home area in NC :D

Party was fun last night, cold but they had outside heaters for band and for guests. Only so many could get around the one, but they had their barn opened up and many were in there out of wind. Didn't get to 37 but was 46 and that wind made it colder. I enjoyed, haven't been to a Christmas party in years. Mostly Military there, so there was a big box to collect "Toys for Tots", and a few were recognized and thanked for their service. One guy had several medals, two Purple Hearts among them. Quite a list. You could tell he was a man who would do anything to save his buddies, but 17 were lost and he suffers from it. He and his wife were super nice people. One man travels the state attending all funerals, another works with men going from military life back to civilian life.

This is an annual event one of my DD's friends and her husband host every year. Their place was so lit up with all kinds of decorations, colorful lights everywhere, I enjoyed the lights and scenes thoroughly, I'm worse then a kid about Christmas lights :lol: They added an extra occasion last night, which was a highlight for us. My granddaughter will be 13 Monday, so they called her up and presented her with an arm load of Roses and host danced with her and then two more of her Moms friends, she was glowing time she walked off the dance floor. So all in all it was a great night in spite of low temps!!!

Rambled enough, time to eat my tummy is saying. Hoping you all have a good day. Sorry you're hurting, Donna, when temps drop down here, moisture in the air and wind, causes us problems.

Stay safe, warm, dry, and away from fire area, now the snow hmm not many places to get out of it !!
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Good morning
@Barbie,,,,so glad the fire is under control and not bearing down on you
Donna be careful cleaning that oven, don't over do, one section at time and take breaks .
Carol, sounds like a fun evening. Happy Birthday to the granddaughter, is that the one I met?
Our temps are nice here today but its really windy. The wind us making noises and Maggie barking at the wind . Lol, gives me a chuckle. Watching a Christmas movie called road trip. Cute, makes me smile, and of course it has a dog in it!!
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Colliemom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Way past morning in northern Michigan too. Been snowing those pretty nice big flakes all morning. Went to mass, came home, had lunch, then wentbout to put out trssh and move my evergreen boughs from my fence to my garage under the two light fixtures. Snow was covering them up on the fence. One has disappeared, think it might have grown feet and walked off. Don’t think the strong winds did it, as I had it fastened with a nail and tied to the post besides. Doesn’t matter, no lose to me.

CArol, sounds like a lovely party you went to. I haven’t been to ine in years dither. Donna, take your time on the stove and don’t overdo like the others said. Tina, congrats on the new bundle of joy. Barbie, so glad the fires are under control and you can get on with your life. Be careful washing walls with the bleach water. Bleach can make you sick and harm your lungs.

Just talked with neighbor a bit ago. He has to get bone marrow transplant. First thought was in spring after he returns home from winter in FL, but nope, they said January, so no winter in FL. He will be spending most of winter in Ann Arbor at U of M hospital. Going to be a long road. I’ll be keeping drive clear and taking mail in. Just lost his wife this past spring after 5 years of surviving a double lung transplant. And they had many a trip and stays at U of M over those years too. So life has been a bit rough for that family.

That’s the latest from the 45th. Have a nice afternoon and stay safe :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Yes, Alice, my youngest GD, she was our traveling buddy this summer. Both young'uns liked you a lot, you racked up lots of points. Beth, too, they will remember for years!! The donkeys and Beth had food for them, and they got to feed them, You two made their stay in SD memorable in many ways, for which I will always appreciate. 13 means she's still a pill :roll: :lol: but a good kid.

CArol

Hey Sue, you jumped in and I wanted to tell you loved your snow pic, yesterday. Messenger on FB and also my email are obsolete on here so no personal communication with anyone, gripes me at times. After I find a place will then do something about my communicating device. Thinking, discussed with a Verizon person and Dd has a great deal she puts out too :lol: but need to know about how funds end up before deciding. Besides I can only deal with a certain amount of stuff, home hunting, and two major repairs on RV yet, plus all my family birthdays this month, anniv and Holidays coming up, a New Year. Whew !!!!!!
Carolinagal

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:30 pm

I just got back from my Christmas campout with the Louisiana Belles. It was a great weekend but pretty cold. Thursday when I headed out it was raining and it rained most of the day. My sister came to meet me. The campground is only about 60 miles from my house so nice not to travel far. Thursday night and Friday night there was a freeze. Thursday night all 21 of us went to a local restaurant. They have a special on Thursday, 2 free glasses of wine with a dinner order. I usually don't drink when I eat but couldn't turn down 2 glasses of wine. :lol: We were there long enough for me to get over the wine before we left. I went to sleep early and woke up at 2:30. I was messing around on the computer and someone sent me a message that it was snowing. We had to get up to see the snow. It was a very wet snow and was melting on the pads and road but some stuck on the cars and campers. We had our party on Friday night. We always have a theme for the present and this year it was calendars. It was suppose to freeze last night but I don't think it did because I had to turn the heat down. The first 2 nights the heater couldn't keep up with the cold. Today it is beautiful and 65 degrees. Some were staying but since I haven't been to the nursing home since Thursday I thought I better come home.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Glad you had a good time Martha, in spite of the cold.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:04 am

The solution I used is very diluted bleach and I could barely smell it. I am very sensitive to chemicals so I make sure they are very diluted before I can use them.

At work we mop the floors before we close and they use really strong Pine Sol which burns my eyes, nose and throat. I need to talk to the manager about diluting that down. I went outside to get some fresh air but a customer came in and I had to take her. So now my eyes are still burning and I can still smell the Pine Sol on me and I didn't even do the mopping!

And now I am home and get to smell the peed-in carpeting too. :roll: My poor nose! At least my bedroom smells good now. Hoping to get the floors done in the next week or so.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee