Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 am

Gmorning all :)

Just popping in to say hello...Beth, hope you have recovered from the dog attack scare. Glad Peaches was okay! Martha, continued good thoughts for Harold & you...

Not much going on...Looks like yesterday was the last of mild weather, 50d. As reported on weather news, we're headed for freezing temps & snow. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing snow. Already in your area, Sue?

Wishing y'all a great day, be safe wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 am

Good morning, Carol and all who follow. I have two appointments today, one for me and one for Thistle. Then two more tomorrow, one for me and one for the Roadtrek. It’s been a hectic week like that and starting tomorrow the cold and rain sets in, which means my planned day to kayak isn’t going to happen. So I decided to check out tomorrow and go home after the last appointment which is in Gainesville, partway home. First time in years I’ve looked forward to going home,
lol. Strange.

Scary fires in Southern California...hope none of you are in danger. Praying for those of you who are caregivers for your spouses. I’ve been there and I know how the stress affects us too. Take care of yourselves.

Wishing all a safe day. Plan some fun!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 am

Good morning
Cold 51 this morning, and y'all know I don't do well when its below 80.
Will have to wear a jacket and put socks on my feet :-)
Going over to daughters this morning to ride along when she takes Jack to school.
Want to see how the routine goes for him as I might be doing it. Other grandma is
fussing about it and she only does it one day a week. Grandpa does the other day and of course
daughter does the 3 days she's off. Glad to help but I kind of think its just a ruse cause I told her I
found a nice lot to buy, but it's 2 hours away. Lol, she did the guilt trip thing asking me why I wanted to move away from them,,,,, and that she might need me, you know the routine.
Enough said, in the end I'll do what's good for me.
About time for a bit of breakfast, y'all have a good day, be safe.
Last edited by avalen on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Colliemom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 am

Morning. Yes Carol, snow and cold has arrived here. Light snow right now, but Warning takes effect at noon till noon tomorrow for heavy snow and wind. As the wind gradually shifts, so will the snow bands. We’ve had 2 days of sustained 15-30 mph winds with gusts to 45, someplaces higher, so you gals in the eadt, batten down anything loose.

Yes, very bad fires in CA. I too am hoping none of you are in the way. Liz, you have been busy inded. Kinda sounds like you are resdy to put down roots again. Besides, you have a great place and plenty of things to do there. Annie, check your PM, going to send you one soon as I’m done here. You’ve traveled so extensively all over, that you can truly say you’ve “been there, done that”.

Off to clean house, do load of wash, change bed over to flannel sheets and then work on a sign for my shed. Gonna call it Sue’s Shack. So have a nice day all, stay safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 am

Good Morning,
Cold arrived here yesterday and after all the warm weather it felt extra cold. The change must made the little one ultra active as she was a wild child all day. She finally crashed last night around eleven and DH took this picture. I actually have done a little Christmas shopping and for me that is very unusual.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 am

Adorable picture, BJ.

Liz, it seems you've found the perfect "home" for you. Especially when you look forward to leaving Silver Springs!

Yesterday was our coldest day yet... Mainly because we never saw sun. I should have worn long pants and real shoes lol. Suns coming up today, so my sundress and sandals should be fine after the morning cold leaves. I'm perfectly fine in the low 70's...
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:17 am

I'm going to send some emails about dog classes today, since it looks like I'll be here for the winter. As far as I can see, there are two active clubs within an hour's drive -- one in St. Pete, one in Sarasota. S is a lot further but also a lot less traffic, so about the same drive time. They both have websites that don't say when each set of classes begins and ends! No dog parkour, alas.

We saw Coco yesterday, on Mick's "day off from doctors." It's really neat. Pixar animation, about dios de los muertos. I liked the way they worked the story line -- and the artwork, oh my! Glad I saw it on the big screen!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 pm

BJ, your puppy is fuzzier than my Maine Coon cats. Annie can't get close enough to me this morning and every time I sit down she is in my lap. Since I have on black jeans I guess she wants to be sure I get my quota of cat hair. lol

I am waiting on the RV place to call and tell me if I can pick up my motorhome. I have a doctor's appointment so want to know if my son has to bring me or I can go alone. I hate to wait on someone. Sure hope I can get it today because our campout starts tomorrow. It would be an all day affair if I have to get it tomorrow and come home to load up.

Our cold weather got here yesterday afternoon late. It rained off and on until a little while ago. Yesterday the high was 84 and it's 46 now. I need to remember to pack some socks.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:30 pm

Good morning gals!

Just waiting on a plumber to get here and do some work on my kitchen sink. He lives here in the park so that is convenient. He will also help me with some electrical issues here too.

Got quite a bit done around here yesterday, altho still lots to do yet. I have two tall narrow windows in the living room that have yellow glass in them that I think looks a little odd, so I bought some stained glass plastic film to put on them and it turned out really nice! Only had enough for one window so need to get another roll to do the other one. Also put my fireplace together and that looks nice in here too. The kitchen is ready now to put all my stuff away in the cupboards.

Got a message yesterday that my new furniture is ready to be delivered. I am not really ready for it. I wasn't expecting it for another 4 weeks or so, after the new flooring gets put in. But I can put the furniture in the den or sunroom for now.

Am thinking of naming this place "Buena Vista Cottage" since it is on the Buena Vista Creek, and feels like a cottage to me. Need to get a sign made with that on it.

Have class tonight so I need to study and read today. Have a short book report to do.

Warm and sunny during the days here (low 70's) but cools off down to the upper 40's at night. My furnace works well tho. The breezes here keep the house cool during the days too. Hoping the fires stay away from this area. They are so devastating up around Ventura and north L.A. area!

Have a good day and stay warm, dry and safe!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee