A New Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A New Tuesday

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 am

Morning all. My hopes for today are that it be uneventful... My nerves and adrenalin are still shot from last night (see post in pet section).

Have a great day everyone!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: A New Tuesday

Postby avalen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 am

Good Morning up early again, cold still and ready to go back to bed.
Y'all have a good day
Last edited by avalen on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Good morning gals!

Beth, so sorry to hear about the incident last night with you and Peaches. Glad she is OK tho. Was the other dog's owner apologetic at all?

Warm and windy here. There is another huge wildfire up in Ventura now. We really need some rain!

Have the next two days off and really need to get stuff done around here! Yesterday I was lazy and stayed in bed til noon so I only had a few hours to do stuff before heading off to work.

Hope you all have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Barbie, not at all. Didn't even ask if Peaches was okay.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm

I guess you will have to walk Peaches with your leash in one hand and the taser in the other! What a shame. :(
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

JudyJB wrote:I guess you will have to walk Peaches with your leash in one hand and the taser in the other! What a shame. :(

My taser/flashlight has a loop... It goes over my wrist. I may have even had it in my hand as I was using the flashlight function off and on. Just happened so fast and I've never needed the taser before... I'm the one who needs training in this type of situation!
Beth
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Beth, sorry about your scare. Campgrounds need to evict some of these campers that think rules don't apply to them.

The front and rain just got here. It was 84 today and it's suppose to get down to 39 tonight.

I just got back from the hospital and nursing home. Sunday the nursing home calls and tells me they think Harold passed out at breakfast and they were going to check his blood. Two hours later they call and tell me they are sending him to the ER again. They ask me at the hospital why Harold wasn't signed up with the infusion clinic to get blood ever so often as an out patient instead of going through the ER. I didn't know that was an option and I am sure going to bring it up with the nursing home. This is the second time they have sent him on a weekend and it takes all day to get orders for him to get blood and be sent to a room. I don't know why they kept him 2 nights but he finally went back to the nursing home. At least he got some better food for a couple of days. If I lived in town I would eat lunch at the hospital. I can get a lunch for about $4.00 with the senior discount and their food is good. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Let's see..."good hospital food"...sounds like an oxymoron to me! :lol:

Why does Harold have to keep getting blood? Is he losing blood somehow? And they "think" he passed out? Sounds like that nursing home isn't totally on top of things. Sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel at those places to get things done right.

Beth, if I even slightly bump into someone, I apologize profusely. I can't imagine having my dog go after someone else's dog like that and not even be the least bit concerned or apologetic! And she probably figured it was your fault! Maybe if they get kicked out of enough campgrounds, they will finally figure it out....or not.

Just came home with my car full of boxes of floor laminate panels. I decided to go with cheaper but waterproof vinyl flooring for the master bedroom and bathroom but still have the nicer laminate in the living room/dining room. Altho, like my dad used to tell me, "like the monkey said as he peed on the cash register, this is gonna run into money"! :roll: Gotta be done tho. It will be a couple more weeks before the flooring can be put in so I will paint the walls in those rooms first.

Gorgeous day here! Mostly gonna be working inside the rest of the day tho.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:20 pm

When my other dog Blossom got attacked by a loose pit bull when I was on assignment in Eureka I called the manager and told her what happened (I was in my own campsite too with my dog ON a leash like always) She came right over and gave them 20 minutes to get out. I was pretty darned impressed. I just figured when I came home in the morning I would have 6 flat tires. Nope it was all good.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:33 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Let's see..."good hospital food"...sounds like an oxymoron to me! :lol:

Why does Harold have to keep getting blood? Is he losing blood somehow? And they "think" he passed out? Sounds like that nursing home isn't totally on top of things. Sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel at those places to get things done right.

I know, good hospital food is rare. The hospital in Lafayette ran their cafeteria like a fast food place with a menu and the food was about like fast food. The one in Abbeville has good cajun cooking.

Harold isn't losing blood, his body just isn't making enough. He has been having a problem with being anemic for a while. In October he was sent to the ER because an aid said there was blood on a towel but they couldn't find the towel. He wasn't bleeding anywhere but the hospital decided he needed blood. It's a circus all the time, just different clowns. I met the new Director of Nurses at the nursing home so I told her about the weekend ER trips. We'll see if that does any good.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Cudedog » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am

Acadianmom wrote: It's a circus all the time, just different clowns.

Martha

Oh my! You are a poet! I think I must remember your quote.

It made me smile, even though my heart goes out to you in dealing with your ongoing tragedy. Thank you.

My best wishes to you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:43 am

I love that line also... Smiling even though the reason for it is sad.
Beth
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee