Hello Saturday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Hello Saturday!

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:20 am

Now that I'm retired, its just another day! Lol
Lunch with Beth today and a little shopping on the way back. Went to Wal-Mart yesterday to get a new filter, got side tracked, bought a couple other items and forgot my filter. !! Will get that today.
Worked on Jacks treasure box yesterday and will continue on that this afternoon.
Local mechanic is suppose to fix the windows in my car tomorrow then I can have him do my a.c..
Its some retired mechanic here at the park, says he's 30 years master mechanic. I suppose he's looking for something to keep busy, no problem, he can keep busy on my car for the price of a dinner, so he says! Lol, he came up to me up at the office early November and announced who he was and said, "I can fix that noise for ya" I found it a little humorous.
Little chilly this morning.
Barbie and Donna busy getting settled in to their new homes, you girls take your time, it will come together.
Time for a breakfast snack and take my vitamins.
Y'all have a good day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Hello Saturday!

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:39 am

I woke up early for me and didn't go back to bed. It's a little cool in the house but it's suppose to be in the upper 70's so the sun will warm the house up. I like the electric bill when we don't have to run the ac or the heat.

Ava, you sound like me and my shopping. I can go to Walmart and get everything but the thing I went after. It might be good to know a Master Mechanic. lol If he can fix a window for a dinner that would be great. My son worked on one in the van for a week before he got it fixed. The main problem is trying to get access to it through the little holes in the door.

My younger son is suppose to meet me this morning to go see his dad. I wouldn't bet on him showing up. I had to threaten him to make him see his dad before he had surgery. It depresses him to see his dad like he is. Some of Harold's friends go regularly but there are a couple that don't like to see him like he is so they don't go often.

I should have ask the vet if cats can catch colds yesterday but he would have wanted me to bring them in. Pinky was sneezing for about a week then it went to Annie, then Possie and now CC is sneezing. They don't seem sick other than just sneezing.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 am

I'm looking forward to meeting Alice for lunch... And to having a Chicago messy, yummy Italian Beef. :D Depending on what time I get on the road... I'll either stop at Walmart or such before or after lunch... Just need a couple things.

Time to get serious about selling Cruiser... Will get a sign to put in her and place a couple ads.

Martha, have the ones first sneezing continued or stopped? I really don't have your answer either way, though. We've been in a weather alert here in the Phoenix area the whole 3 days I've been here... My asthma can tell it. Supposed to be better today... I hope so.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Pat, so sorry about your friends sister. That is a sad story. Glad you were able to post and share.

Martha, thanks for the info about the Ragin Cajins softball team. I thought their coach did a good job...sorry they let him go.

Sandi and Sheila, tell Sharon to read her PM on the forum!!!

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Lyn, the rumors were flying when they let the coach go. I personally think it was because he was very vocal about the girls not getting the same funding as the boy's games. Of course, the university says something else. They are probably going to lose some sponsors and fans over it.

Beth, the first cat that started sneezing is over it and I think Annie too. They don't act sick and are still eating well.

I was wrong, my son showed up. Harold didn't recognize him but was glad to see him when I told him who it was. His half sister will be glad because she is on his case all the time about not visiting.

It sure warmed up today, it's 82. Hard to believe it is suppose to freeze next Saturday. Not looking forward to that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 am

Got to school early so I took a walk to the beach. There has been a "super tide" and it flooded and partially washed away the beach area. I talked to a guy while there and he says that sometimes the water comes up into the streets and shops in town when that happens. I wonder if that has to do with the super moon right now too. Makes sense to me since the moon affects the tides. Was cool watching the huge surf coming up so high on the pier in Pacific Beach. The surfers were loving it! After school I walked back there and saw a gorgeous sunset! It looked more like a painting than the real thing! A lady who was standing near me said she just moved back out here and is so amazed to watch the waves and awesome sunsets all the time and just loves California. I told her I felt the same way. She had her husband take a really cool photo of her and her kids silhouetted against the sunset.

Anyways, I didn't have to do my hypnotherapy session today since the volunteer I was assigned to, couldn't make it. So will do it in two weeks instead. That will give me more time to prepare for it.

So much to do around here yet. Haven't had time to do much of anything other than just getting my stuff moved in. I haven't even plugged in my microwave yet. The counters are too full of stuff I still have to put away (after I finish putting down the contact paper) to put the microwave there. The dining room chairs and fireplace are still in pieces all over the living room! Hopefully, I will finally have time to get started on it all after tomorrow. I start working at the new shop tomorrow all day.

Weather is perfect now. Mid 70's and sunny. :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee