Thursday, goodbye November

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday, goodbye November

Postby carolb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:13 am

Gmorning all :)

Oh Alice, so sorry about your friend...glad you had time with her this past summer...Martha, happy to hear Harold had a good Tday. A white Cmas in LA? Ever had one??

I looked at your home, Barbie. You found a jewel of a place! CArol, wishing you luck in finding yours. Judy, hope you get issues fixed with your home-on-wheels. Always something whether S&B or MH! Taking my HB into the shop today for a spark plug issue, & hope that's all it is. "Check engine" light came on when I took him for a long exercise trip recently, so stopped at an auto store for a computer read.

Thrift store shopping yesterday--found exactly what I wanted, which was a small fake tree (with attached lights that actually work!), some pre-made red bows, & a roll of old-fashion holiday ribbon. Just want to do a little for the holidays, but didn't want to go through my 5-6 boxes to find the few things I'd want out. So my 3' tree & my holiday kitchen towels & table cloth will be enough.

Now, a reminder of "Rabbit Roll Call" for tmrw. Will look forward to hearing from many of our forum family :)

Y'all have a great day, be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Thursday, goodbye November

Postby avalen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:46 am

Good morning,
I got up thinking today was the first, checked my bank account,,,,oh crap, tomorrow is the first lol!
Oh well, I did go ahead and use my last emergency $$ to put gas in the car so today I can load it for salvation army and be rid of another box. Then I have the box for son to put together and a little one for daughter. She never wants my junk so its just a small box. Will get another coat of paint on Jacks treasure chest for Christmas and tomorrow I can pick up the spray paint for the hardware. This acrylic paint seems to take a long time to dry and not be tacky. Bought it from HD salvage pile for a dollar. It was the right color and gloss, exterior. Sure spreads differently than latex.
Thank you all for your condolences of my friend Hazel. Met her in 1966 as a child when my family moved to Colorado. We did everything together and when my mom kicked me out, her family took me in and finished raising me. They became my new family. She always said she was living on borrowed time as some 20 years ago she had a liver transplant and blessed every morning she saw another sunrise. We did have a wonderful visit in Washington this summer, and then a last phone conversation from palliative care. I'm grateful for her to have been a part of my life. My remaining life long friend is the one in Colorado where I spent last summer on the ranch chasing turkeys lol! :-)
Run in our of room here to type,, y'all have a good day
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am

About every 15 years we might have an inch of snow but I don't think it has ever been for Christmas. I think we are past due for a snow in South Louisiana. It won't be the same since I don't have a kid that will go in and out until every piece of clothing is wet. lol

Barbie, your new home is beautiful. My cats would love that long room. They could really get a chase going.

Our truck is having an intermittent check engine light. About the time I make an appointment to bring it in it goes off. I told my son that the next time it happens to take it to Auto Zone and see if they could tell us what it is. The dealership said that if it goes off it could clear the information and they won't know what it came on for. Since Harold bought the truck 60 miles from here I don't really want to go for nothing.

Ava, sorry about your friend. I don't have any friends from when I was a child because we moved so often. I am still friends with 2 of my college roommates so have know them for 55 years. I get to see them about once a year.

I got out a couple of Christmas decorations yesterday because I came across them looking for something I bought last year. One piece is a Santa on a train locomotive. I know there are 2 more pieces to that train and don't know how they got separated. Something else to search for. I found a present for my Christmas Party so one less thing to worry about.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi everyone no longer morning.... I'm in Melbourne sitting in a waiting room at my mechanic to get a new fan motor on the engine so I can have AC... last month it was a starter....eating up my fun $$$$... so sorry about your friend Ava I guess what we are to expect as the older we get... I'm back over here to empty out the storage unit tomorrow Ron and his wife will bring my stuff over to Crystal River in their trailer and truck and what I can get in the RT... then I will be totally in my new home Crystal River I will make a blog post when I get my furniture in and show you pictures... I did grab my three foot Christmas tree the last time I was here at the storage unit the new pot holder and drainboard mat that I made for Christmas... that's all I'm decorations I have... Slim pickn's like you Carol...B safe donna
grammynmaggie

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Heading out soon to wash my rig in the quarter car wash, even in the cold--Brrrrr. Also got a haircut scheduled in a couple of hours, and might stop at K-mart for a couple of things. Only dept store in town.

Now, I need help. I have a 43-year-old son who: 1) has everything, 2) has more than enough money to buy whatever he wants, 3) works from home but does a lot of traveling, 4) likes gadgets, but already has most of them. I also have to shop for his wife, who is similar in 1, 2, and 3. When I was in Florida last year I sent them fruit.

I was thinking of some sort of office gadget like a swiss army knife, but it can't have a real knife on it because he would not be able to take it on a plane. Another thought is engraved really nice pen sets for each of them.

I have been buying him specialty food for his birthdays for the last few years. One year I got him a bunch of hot sauces and rubs and put it in one of those open tool carriers that Sears sells. Last year, I got him some gourmet coffee and a mug.

Anyway, I am stumped. Budget is about $50 for each.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Judy - Omaha Steaks' advertizes on TV a yummy looking meat package for $59. However, I do not have any recommendation on
this meat/

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Probably I should MYOB, but here goes. . .

If your son and his wife has everything they might want or need, why not donate to an animal shelter in their name? Or, if you have a favorite breed of dog or cat, donate to that specific breed's rescue program.

Lots of ways to go here. . .

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Or donate in their name to organizations that educate girls. Maybe Catherine will jump in. The organization Unbound that her uncle started is pretty special at using donations were they count.

We got an invite to our son’s house for Christmas....with it came the direction that there were no gifts for adults and keep the boys gifts small. Then again son has made more that our household income combined since he graduated from college. On the other hand daughter is an educator and her husband owns his own IT business and he is the only employee. I can still supplement their Christmas with camping and hiking stuff.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:31 am

Made two trips today to the house with stuff. Now all that is left is my portable gel fuel fireplace. Will go back in the morning to take it apart and bring it back here. I am spending my first night (with Lola) at our house. She is still checking things out.

I can't do the bamboo floors because it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get them "acclimated" to the air in the house before they can be put down. I don't want to wait that long, so decided to go with a laminate that will look really nice with the bamboo already here. It is less expensive than the bamboo too and easier to take care of.

On Saturday, our class is doing actual hypnotherapy sessions on volunteers, so tomorrow afternoon and evening I will be studying and rehearsing for that! We are all very nervous! :shock:

I forgot I had paid a deposit on the place I moved out of, so was pleasantly surprised when my roommate said she would be sending it to me! That will cover my lot rent here for December.

Lots to do around here yet to get unpacked and settled in. The 5th time moving, in just over a year! So glad this will be that last time for a long time!

I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Too much thinking and some indigestion. So was very tired all day. Will be going to bed early tonight.

Hope I can remember to say Rabbits in the morning!

PS> I posted photos on my house thread since the listing was removed and can no longer be seen.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee