Wednesday, Nov 29

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, Nov 29

Postby Othersharon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Good morning all! Well, for a few minutes anyway. Can’t believe November is almost over, been a crazy month weather wise and just in general for me! Temp is 54 right now and then going down tomorrow to more seasonable! But the best part is that we’ve had a couple of days of sun. I was going to get outside yesterday but got started washing sheets and that led to dog blankets and then cleaning upstairs. It’s always more fun to clean when it’s sunny, crazy but true!

Barbie, love the pics of your new home. Looks like you’ll be happy there. CArol, hope paperwork is all straightened out for you and you find what you’re looking for. Son keeps pushing me about moving into the apartment in the house they’re building. It’ll happen, I just don’t think my time frame is the same as his! Not much else happening here, just trying to get this aching leg to settle down so I can get back to my normal activities. Enjoying hearing about everyone’s adventures and travels. Have a good day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Re: Wednesday, Nov 29

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:51 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone !!! Had a nice time yesterday afternoon, met some nice people, but didn't find anything that made me feel I should be in that particular spot. I do like the area were looking in, have always liked it, full of cowboys is one good reason :lol: :o I did like and could see myself in one place but it has some legal issues realtor emailed us this morning. So next week we 'll try again, many other things to finish or do this week and my area is over an hours drive and that depends a lot on traffic.

This morning hasn't amounted too much, except picking up my clutter and putting things away, which I have a tendency when parked in driveways to just lay down and get more out to join it. Messy in other words.

Waiting for my bank statement to come in the mail , hoping we jive, then thinking I'll go find a CG to put slide out and do some serious cleaning. Still have repairs to do in Ocala but business to finish here first, it's quite a distance to go back and forth too much.

Feeling bad for Alice today that she's lost her longtime friend. Been there, been through it and brings back my memories. I think often of all the dear friends I've had and lost, some more then others but all had special place in my life and heart. Not good when we loose them.

Beautiful, getting to be almost too warm of a day out. Mr P is cuddled up next to me, content, but i'm thinking of rousing his little butt and getting outside :D

Enjoy the rest of your day doing something good for you!!

Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

YES, sorry to hear of your friends passing, Alice. As we age, we lose friends. It is an interesting time of life. I have lost several friends these past few years. I can remember my Grandmother reading the morning paper then calling her friends to discuss who died during the night. I try to think of all the good times I've had with those who are gone.
It is a quiet time of the year for me. Not doing much...reading lots.
lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Lyn, I don't know how much of this, if any, made the national news but UL fired the softball coach. The team and department seem to be in a turmoil. I think some of the players are leaving. That's not something I follow but I know you liked to watch them play. There is something on the news about them every night.

Same old things here. I was afraid we were going to be in the hospital for Thanksgiving but Harold seems to be feeling better. At least he ate all of his lunch, such as it was. I always carry a drink in my purse in case he won't eat. His memories are all mixed up. He remembered my aunts that he only met once in 1975. But he has it in his head that my son is going to fix up a house for us. The only house I know of where he is talking about was his grandfather's house. That house was a shack when it was being lived in 100 years ago. I don't know if it's even still standing because you would have to hack your way through the woods to find it. He would have a fit if he was in his right mind and he saw all the fence my son has taken down. There is a pile head high of old rusted pipe and panels by the road. I hope someone that picks up junk comes by before the parish truck.

It got up to 83 today. I don't know where my sister gets her information but she called the other night to tell me that there was a front coming through in a couple of weeks and it is going to get down to 15 degrees and we might have a white Christmas. That's pretty far out to be making predictions.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Slept in this morning, then unhooked and put slides in, and headed to bakery to pick up stuff I ordered. Then to grocery store and managed to find a place to park. There are a couple of grocery stores in this town but very small parking lots. It has been cold and windy here, so I got hungry for some beef barley vegetable soup, so got all the stuff and got it simmering. My refrigerator is horribly crowded, but I am heading to Death Valley on Friday, so I really stocked up since I am going to be there a whole week. Should be a little warmer there than last time, when I froze trying to hike. That was about two years or so ago and my electric heater quit and I ran out of propane because I was running it constantly. Lows then were 22 at night!!!

Got everything put away and straightened up, so rest of today is working and resting and watching TV. Oh, and watching the gliders. It is cold and windy, but there were several take-offs at about noon today.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee