Cool off Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Cool off Tuesday

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 am

Well, for here... High today week only be mid-70's. Needed to turn a heater on inside this morning.

Nothing exciting here. Trying not to spend any not totally necessary money. So I'm trying to not read my emails with all the sales. It's hard!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Tuesday, beautiful day!!

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:51 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Except for West coast people, no one sleeping yet are they? I slept good last night(so thankful for that) up early and have spent most of morning pampering myself, nice shower, shampoo, greased up, cut nails (hand and feet) and now soon as hair dries will fix and I'm ready !!! :D

We've decided to go check out someplace for me to live. Have decided I do need a place to park me and what belongings I have. I plan ( in jello) an extensive trip this summer but with my health issues that keep popping up, unless I'm positive I can travel and do what's required when traveling alone am just waiting to see how my body, age and everything develops before any decisions. Traveling this summer, then we'll see :) I'm just trying to stay smart.

Beautiful day out there. We, of course are going out into an area I think I could enjoy living in. Should be a nice drive even if we find nothing. Meeting realtor, and she has emailed my DD some promising places to look at. If nothing else should be a fun day.

Hope you all also have a good day !!
Stay safe,
CArol
Good Morning, Beth, figured someone would beat me to it, had to try to get the day going.
Carolinagal

Re: Cool off Tuesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am

Good morning gals!

Beth, I have looked at all the ads but so far have seen nothing I really needed/wanted to buy. Just been ordering a few practical things for the house on line. The house is my Christmas present to myself!

CArol, good luck house hunting! What area are you looking at?

I will be crawling out of bed shortly and get my bathroom stuff and some other things in my bedroom packed up and loaded into the car. Then head up to the house before noon. Will spend the day cleaning the kitchen and putting stuff away while waiting for the Dish and Cox guys to show up and do their thing.

Looks like another beautiful day here, 75* and sunny! :D Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 am

BarbaraRose wrote:Good morning gals!

Beth, I have looked at all the ads but so far have seen nothing I really needed/wanted to buy. Just been ordering a few practical things for the house on line. The house is my Christmas present to myself!

CArol, good luck house hunting! What area are you looking at?

I will be crawling out of bed shortly and get my bathroom stuff and some other things in my bedroom packed up and loaded into the car. Then head up to the house before noon. Will spend the day cleaning the kitchen and putting stuff away while waiting for the Dish and Cox guys to show up and do their thing.

Looks like another beautiful day here, 75* and sunny! :D Have a good day!

Have you posted photos of your new place? I'm sure we would all like to see them.

Hope this is the home of your dreams. :)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby avalen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:53 am

Been up for awhile, spent a good amount of time on phone with my best and longest friend in the world . We went to school together and her family made me part of there's. So, had a very emotional conversation as she makes her final journey. I'm so thankful I was able to visit her up in Washington this past summer.
Y'all have a good day
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Good news is that kidney stone seems to have passed. Have not needed any pain meds for about three days, although I am still taking antibiotics. Also, it has been VERY cold here--high yesterday was 41 and it dropped down to 27 last night. This is a big drop from sunny and warm Sunday, but this place is at 4,500 feet, so makes sense that it is cold. Unhooked water hose last night.

Bad news is that a roller broke off under my slide a few days ago and I can't remove the bent part because it is too big to slip underneath. The slide has worked fine, but I have been making sure the loose part is in the middle and in a good place where it won't get caught up before I put the slide in and out. The really bad news is that this is going to take a couple of days to fix and will not be cheap. I called factory to see what was involved and if I was causing damage driving it like this. They said they did not think it would cause damage because there are three other rollers, probably, but could not be sure. Could be maybe fixed without removing slide, but no guarantees.

I called three places that are Fleetwood dealers and here are responses:
- Bakerfield Camping World said they would have to remove the slide and it would take 8-10 hours to fix--maybe could do in one day if I was lucky. Made an appt for Dec 12, but I HATE camping world.
- Dealer I like in Las Vegas where I am going to be in January said they needed it for several days and had no idea how much it would cost, but hopefully could do it with just loosening slide.
- Dealer in Davis, CA, said they could fix it but were not scheduling until February when I will be in Arizona. Service rep is going to call me to tell me how long it would take to fix.

So, at this point, I don't know what to do. Hate to spend $1,000 plus on this because I have been really trying to limit spending, like you, Beth. Just really depresses me. This has been a horrible year for repairs.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby monik7 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Judy, when I took my RV in for regular maintence in Oct. including the 2 slides, they found a nut had come unscrewed somewhere in the path that the slide follows. It was in an area where they couldn’t just reach in and screw it back onto the bolt. The plan was to take the slide out the next day to get access to the bolt and they quoted a hefty price to do that saying they’d have to use a forklift. So I had to leave it. They called the next morning to tell me the tech had decided to remove the sofa to see if he could find access through there. It worked and they didn’t need to take the slide out.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Azusateach » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Judy, there are a couple of shops down my way that I'd highly recommend if you're going to be out here. Benlo RV Repair, in Indio I believe, is super. They also have a shop in Irwindale that I used exclusively when I lived in Azusa. Another one is Redlands RV, and they've got a good reputation as well. If you decide to contact them tell them an RVing Women friend recommended them. There's a third shop in San Clemente that I'm currently using, but I imagine it's not close to anywhere you're planning to be.

I agree with Sandi -- there's probably more than one way to get at that roller. Just takes thinking outside the box. And the shops I've mentioned above are all good at doing that.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby longdog2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 am

I would not let Camping World touch my rig.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Return to Morning Coffee