Monday, Up and At Em'

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, Up and At Em'

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 am

Morning. Girls and I slept in this morning. Rare for me, but felt too good to get up at my usual 6-7 a.m. time. But now that I am up, been busy Not rushing things though as have an eye doc appt. in early afternoon, so not getting into anything much. Just made breakfast, paid a couple of bills, balanced my budget etc. Heading for the shower in a bit and then will leave for town later. Want to go early and look at frames so I can get new glasses ordered after my exam. Easier to see them then when eyes are still dilated. Although I recover pretty fast from that.

Otherwise, same old here. Nice weather. Cold but sunshine. No snow. Hard to believe it's going be December by weeks end. Doesn't feel like it. We have already had close to 20 inches of snow this season so far and nothing to show for it. Nobody's complaining, well, the snow business can use it. That "white gold" turns into paychecks for a lot of people here.

CArol, sounds like you are getting hitch itch. Hopefully you can do some traveling this summer. Also hope you get the questions answered today on your house sale, so you can get that done. I'm thinking summer reservations a bit now as I know that our state parks book up early for next year, especially after the holidays. Being the window is 6 months, already looking at Memorial Day weekend. I would rather make reservations and cancel, then not be able to get them. But right now, time to head for shower. Have a nice day everyone :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Rise and Shine its Monday!!!

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 am

Good Morning Everyone !!! Well, I have mixed feelings, butterflies in my tummy and all the happenings that go with making the final closure on a major life changing event . So far, not the best of mornings and my little Peanut knows it, he's awake way early and curled up into a tight little ball on my lap looking up at me. To be so little he has a huge heart and best little buddy ever!! One pit fall to this closing is the big portion of my small settlement for my home, ( I wanted my nieghbors to be able to get it back into their family and get rid of it too) but I stated the amount I settled for, I was to get every penny of that amount. Well, we all know what happened the lawyer they got tacked on his fees etc on the seller!! So I'm not happy at all!! I know this is the norm in a transaction of this sort.

Just talked to my neighbor and she was surprised too. She hasn't been able to get ahold of the office to even find out the amount they need to settle . She assured me they will make the difference up. They're good people and I know she was upset to over this. So I'll sign and return papers today, going to be a really hard day!!! I loved that place !!!

What a morning greeting!!! I will be fine, surprised at emotions that moved in on me and I didn't sleep well last night which doesn't help. But I'll be ok. Hope I haven't ruined or brought bad memories back to anyone else. It'll all be ok, I do feel better after talking to my neighbor. Now, to get the day going!!

Stay safe and enjoy your day, I'm going too!!
CArol
Carolinagal

Re: Rise and Shine its Monday!!!

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am

CArol, I once reminded my older sister that being brave had nothing to do with not being worried about issues or not being worried about change and letting go of pieces of the past that we love but had everything to do with taking a deep breath and moving forward anyway. Quick (((hug))) and on you go. No matter how things end up with the fees, you will travel lighter down the road not carrying the worry about the property that you can't be there to take care of anymore. Take a cue from Mr. P, love the ones you are with and enjoy your travels....(including sleeping in when possible. :) )
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Monday, Up and At Em'

Postby avalen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Its still morning in my side of the world, but I was up really really early and then back to bed and now up again. Been working on a wood treasure chest for Jack, sanded, took all the hardware off and repainted. Will get some spray paint and renew the hardware and I'll finish up with his name on it.
I thought about making it into an ottoman for myself years ago but that never happened. So, instead of sending it off to salvation army, it will make a nice Christmas gift for grandson .
I continue to clean out drawers and cabinets and put a little paint on the walls. I can't do one specific thing, I'm like a butterfly, landing here and there and doing a little at a time.
It was a little cold this morning but I turned on my electric heater and took the chill off.
That's about it on my side of the world. Y'all have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Am back in Tehachapi for a few days before heading to Death Valley. I drove from Hensley Lake yesterday through 75 degree weather, arriving here in the warmth and sun to watch several gliders take off. BUT, during the night, it sprinkled a little and cold front came through that dropped the temps to almost freezing. And today it is hanging around 36 as a high, with winds buffeting my RV. Obviously, this is going to be an indoor day, with furnaces going!

Got work to do, but am managing to get some organizing and sorting done. How can I keep organizing constantly and still have things strewn all around and not in their right places?? These little spaces sure do get cluttered quickly, and then I can't find anything.

Good luck with your closing, Carol.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Been busy this morning on the phone and laptop getting internet and satellite TV set up. Both will be at the house tomorrow for hookup.

Just finished breakfast (I know it's lunch time!) and will now get my kitchen stuff boxed up and loaded in the car. Then will stop at Lumber Liquidators to get my new flooring ordered (that is where the original bamboo floors came from), make a few more stops and then start cleaning the kitchen, putting in shelf liners and then unpack my stuff in there. Yesterday I removed the plantation shutters from the living room and dining room windows and it really opened and brightened it up in there! Will just put mini blinds up with a valance across the top.

I just received the shelving unit for Lola's cat house. Need to paint it first (it is black but I want it white) and then put pavers down on the ground inside the enclosure and fix part of the wire fencing that is broken. Should be able to get that all done in the next couple weeks for her. She will love it!

Yesterday was my last day at the shop. I got a $40 tip from one of my customers! Yay! Then I went thru my mail and found a $200 check from the escrow office! So I will be heading to the bank today too. One of my co-workers gave me a beautiful crystal bowl in the shape of a leaf yesterday! Will look nice in my hutch in the dining room.

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Judy are you staying at the small place across from the airport? We have stayed there. I liked visiting Tehachapi.
We went to UCD yesterday for his MRI. Sure was weird with so few people and no parking attendants. We see Radiation Dr Thursday to find out if she can radiate the two spinal spots that have cropped up. Then Oncologist next Wednesday to find out his plan.
It's a beautiful sunny day with nice temps in 60's. Doing most of shopping online as I need to be here with Mel and I don't shop much anyhow.
Sending good wishes to all of you whether traveling, settling in new homes, or whatever.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Barbie, I don't know how Lola feels about mini-blinds but my cats have destroyed the ones I have. They were either broken by them climbing through them or chewed on. When we ordered this house they wanted $50 a window for the better blinds. I would have saved money if I had gone with the better ones. I put roman shades in a few of the windows and that seems to work better. The cats can put their head through the side to get in the windows if the shade is down.

I got my motorhome to the shop on time this morning. It has been a while since I went to Lafayette during the morning rush and I think the traffic is worse than before. I would have liked to go shopping but my son came to get me and I'm not shopping with a man waiting on me. I need a gift for the club Christmas Party next week and I'm still waiting for the inspiration for that. lol

CArol, the last time we bought some property we had to pay the lawyer. I don't know why you should have to pay if that wasn't part of the agreement. I would have made them do the paper work over.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 pm

CArol, I hope your neighbors follow through. No way that paperwork should have come through that way. That lawyer screwed up.

I'm heading to Apache Junction (near Phoenix) Wednesday afternoon to hope I can train a couple people there to take care of some aspects of their website. Taking Minnie. I'm going to see if I can gtg with a couple people Saturday for lunch.... Alice??? At Portillo's. I'll have to see which is closest... Then back up here. If I remember I'll purchase a for sale sign for Cruiser. Maybe even place an ad. Yes, I'm procrastinating lol

Barbie, I, too, have had very bad luck with cats and mini blinds. I love plantation shutters, but wouldn't if they darken things too much. In this type of heat, though, those shutters might help. Good luck with whatever you do.

Wow, Judy, you jumped into winter!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Velda, there are two airports in this town. One is for regular planes and the other is gliders only. There is a small RV park near the regular airport, but it is in town and surrounded by houses and stores. That may be the one you stayed at.

I am at the Mountain Valley RV Park next to the runway of the glider airport. It is about a mile west of town in the country. It has water and electric only at each site and a laundry, and is owned by the glider airport. It is also a lot farther away from the sounds of the trains, freeway, and town. It has about 30 sites and is surrounded by fields and the runway.

And yes, Beth, I certainly jumped into winter! Winds are blowing through my slides and all night were causing a loud thumping noise. I thought it was one of my bin doors that the electric plug goes through, but it was my bathroom vent flapping. It would just not stay closed in the wind. Glad I am not driving today, at least. Warming up tomorrow with a high of 57 and less wind.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Judy, wondering if the kidney stone pain is a thing of the past? I sincerely hope so!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:27 pm

I removed the shutters because the love seats will be against them so I won't be able to open them to open the windows. They also block a lot of the light even when the slats are open. I just like the look of the windows not covered. Lola doesn't really mess with windows and these don't have a window sill anyways. I don't think blinds will be a problem with her.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 am

Judy we definitely were not surrounded by houses and had to drive a distance to get to my friends home which is overlooking the train tracks. It's been about 9 years ago now. And we were only there overnight.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Azusateach » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:50 am

BarbaraRose wrote:I removed the shutters because the love seats will be against them so I won't be able to open them to open the windows. They also block a lot of the light even when the slats are open. I just like the look of the windows not covered. Lola doesn't really mess with windows and these don't have a window sill anyways. I don't think blinds will be a problem with her.

Barbie, I'm sorry you felt that you wouldn't get enough light with the plantation shutters. Those are terribly expensive, and from the pictures of your house on Zillow, they really added a nice ambiance to the coach. We took out blinds in our house and had plantation shutters installed because they offered all sorts of benefits -- added value to the house, more protection from the sun and heat, and they allowed more light in when opened. Conversely, we can close them up and they give us much more privacy and darkness in the bedroom. True, we can't open each panel up with furniture in front of them, but with only a couple of inches between our couch and the shutters, we can angle the shutters so that they're providing a tremendous amount of light.
And next summer when the temps hit triple digits your AC (if you have it) is going to be working overtime to keep that coach cool. The shutters would have helped.
Azusateach

Return to Morning Coffee