Heavy Foggy Saturday !!!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Heavy Foggy Saturday !!!

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:39 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Fog is really thick out there this morning, hope no one near here needs to drive in it. You can feel the water in the air when outside. It's going to be out there awhile too. We're only two short blocks from a big lake which helps these conditions. A weather person I'm not , but I'm looking at this thick stuff :roll: :D

No real news from here, papers on house did come late yesterday, have questions so will have to wait until Monday for answers. My DD is still suffering with sinus headache . Me, I'm in an after holiday lazy mode ;) Mr P is still sleeping so not sure about him yet :D

Hope most of you have found more ambition then I'm able to. Think being in limbo about so many things in my life right now is not helping my energy level. I keep telling myself it'll al work out and it will. But another trip to Ocala to finish repair list is NOT appealing and my most off putting thought.

I do hope you all wherever, whatever and whoever you share your day with will be a great one,
Stay safe, please,
CArol
Carolinagal

Re: Heavy Foggy Saturday !!!

Postby Colliemom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:10 am

Good Morning CArol and all. Just cloudy and cool here this morning. Had some rain during the night. really enjoyed yesterday's record high of 58 here. Made for a really nice day to be out and about for those who were out Black Friday shopping, one of which wasn't me. I have nobody to shop for and wouldn't go out in that for anything, although I do have to say, by mid morning up here, things are getting pretty quiet. We don't have the mobs like the big cities do, people come from outlaying towns, hit the stores early and are gone. I did go to a Christmas craft show about 40 miles north. Bought some metal art for my living room wall and some homemade sausage from one of the sausage shops we have done business with before. Then spent the rest of the afternoon working out in my woods, cutting down a few small trees and hauling the branches etc. over to my brush pile. Quit that after a couple of hours and took the dogs for a nice walk.

Hope you get your questions answered CArol. Always something in a house sale. Things will all work out. I"m enjoying reading about Barbie's and Donna's new house adventures. Time for me to be off and heading for town. IPad needed new glass and should be ready, trip to grocery store and home. May or may not start putting up a few decorations on my porch. Having been in mood to do so as yet. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:30 am

Morning All!

CArol, I seem to live with sinus headaches. If I don't use it often, Alka Seltzer Cold and Sinus truly helps, will be taking one this morning so I can hopefully work somewhat headache free. If your daughter hasn't tried it, I was pleasantly surprised this past summer when I did. I remember not being able to find the package I originally used. What I buy now is Alka Seltzer Plus Cold... Just make sure it says relieves sinus pressure. I only take a 1/2 dose.

Still sundress weather here... Just add a sweatshirt for our morning and sometimes nighttime walks. I've always hated sunglasses... Colors aren't the same. But I'm trying hard to use mine. I know my dry eyes (I've had for years) would appreciate it. So for our walks, I'm trying!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:57 am

Sitting at the fairgrounds in Wapakaneta, Ohio, waiting for our ring times. The dogs and I have electric and staying plenty warm last night even with the blustery winds. Lark has collected two group placements yesterday but there are more ,Golden entries today so she may not make it out of Breed today. She has 2/3 of what she needs for a UKC championship. Other English Cockers showed up which makes me trying to get a CH on my friends dog out of reach so I went ahead and entered Josef so that he can at least benefit from the entry. Miss Vandy will have to wait for her day. This will not be it. CArol, hope all your questions are easily and acceptably explained. May everyone find at least a few things to celebrate.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:02 am

CArol, hope your sale goes as planned. You and Mr P were so lucky to have found each other. I am going to have to get up really early to get my RV to the shop Monday and a morning person I'm not. Just hope they can find the problem since it's something that comes and goes.

I was so worried about one of the house cats. He didn't come home for almost 3 days but finally came in about 9:30 last night. He's the hunter of our bunch of cats so it's common to see him roaming. The rest of the bunch is happy to lay around and wait for dinner. You would think that someone with 18 cats wouldn't miss one but they all have names and are counted for feeding time. Only 6 are house cats. Frosty started out as an outside cat but managed to worm his way inside. He was Harold's favorite cat.

I was actually shopping this morning, on line. lol I got an email that the calendar that I order every year was on sale with no shipping so I ordered it. My shopping list is really short. I found something for my sister and my son's girlfriend. If I run into something I think my sister's boys need I will get them something. They are grown and past really needing something. My grandson gets money because there is no way I would know what he would like. Abbeville has an event every year called the Christmas Stroll. The stores in the down town area stay open late and serve treats to the shoppers. I will miss it this year because my campout starts that night.

Beth, I don't like sunglasses either but I keep thinking about getting some of the glasses that help you see at night. I have a hard time seeing to drive when I meet oncoming lights.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:10 am

Good morning
So many things on my mind lately, but I finally got a good nights sleep with a couple Tylenol pm.
I've started "moving in to" the motorhome. Packing with everything I'm keeping for "fulltime" life.
The rest goes in the shed for now until I decide later. The main project is to get the fifthwheel emptied out and on the market. When the fifthwheel sells I'll be able to release my spot here . Have a bunch of stuff going to sons for his use or he can sell, whatever. As much as I would love to get out to Quartzsite right now, I have things to do and its just going to have to wait until January at gtg time. I have a few other plans up my sleeve but I need to see how packing up plays out. I feel like I'm making jello one cup at a time, hahaha, but if that's what it takes, so be it. We have an owners meeting here on the 13th of January, need to stay in town for that and not spend my wheels burning up gas money. Keeping my budget in mind.
Wow, that was all very freeing mentally, y'all know by now I don't make rash decisions . I'm too analytical, lol, but it is what it is.
About time to get dressed and get on with my chores. Y'all have a great day and be safe. Hoping everyone has good weather.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Parked in one of my two favorite spots in Hidden View Campground at Hensley Lake. Being the weekend, there are quite a few more campers than usual. So far, I have counted about 10, which still leaves 40 campsites available! Except most of the 18 electric spots have been taken. Mostly, it is partly cloudy or hazy or something, but you can barely see the hills on the other side of this small lake. Wrong color for smoke, I think.

I stopped at a grocery store before I left Napa and stocked up on some fresh turkey thighs. I like the dark meat and these are perfect to have on hand to bake and use for sandwiches or meals with dressing. It is very hard to buy them other than during holidays. Just making a pot of strong tea for iced tea. I make it in my teapot--put in four tea bags in large pot. When it cools, I will put it into separate adult "sippy" mugs so I can add sugar and refrigerate. Then, I can just grab one as needed. (I almost never use glasses for anything because I don't want to deal with spills.)

Got lots of work to do today, and already met online with three students. Having some difficulties uploading graded papers, so waiting for response from college technical support. They must be out shopping or on vacation because they usually get back to me quickly. The college has about 6 staff to support online instructors and they take turns being on call in evenings and weekends, and can solve almost everything!!

OK, enough rambling. Good shopping or relaxing or whatever you are doing this weekend. And Alice, I do not envy your cleaning out and sorting, but you will feel better when it is done.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 am

Kind of late getting on here today! :lol:

Worked today until 3pm and then went shopping. Needed to find a couple lamps and a fan for the house. Got a few other things for it as well, stuff for the kitchen and bathroom. Will head back to the house (half hour drive north depending on traffic) early tomorrow morning and do some cleaning, putting tables and chairs together, etc. Then head off to work at 2pm. Tomorrow is my last day at this shop. Then will start at the new shop next Sunday.

It has been hot here this past week or so but will start cooling off now. Mid 70's this week. Good temps for moving!

Ava, where are you planning to travel to? Hope you can come out here sometime! I am hoping tho, to go to Q in January so will see you then.

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee