Thanksgiving Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Thanksgiving Day

Postby Cudedog » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Happy Thanksgiving from 70 degree Northern California. Especially thanks to Beth, and all the ladies here that have been my inspiration and my mentors.

I, for one, have never cared much for Facebook, and even less now with all the information about their "advertisers" that have recently been in the news.

Womenrv RULES!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. I feel blessed for Beth and all my forum friends all over the country.

I set a record for me. I had everything cooked and on a warming tray by 10:00 this morning so I could go to the nursing home. I feel sorry for Harold because of the pureed diet he is on. He gets instant potatoes that have no taste. They could have mashed up some sweet potatoes. He use to like chocolate a lot but he really doesn't care for the chocolate drinks. I find most of the protein drinks have an after taste and I don't like them either.

Velda, prime rib sounds good. I use to have a rotisserie that I could cook a prime rib roast on and they were so good.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:13 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! You all are probably stuffed by now, nap time isn't it? :D It's been a nice day here so far, little rain and no sun today but still a great day.

I wanted to add my gratitude for Beth and this forum. In chatting with a friend a while back the subject of what I do and how I keep positive being alone as I am came up. Knowing I have two children with families and very busy lives and most of the time many miles between us, they figured I had to be very lonely. Hmmm :roll: They just didn't know the Sistah's I have all over the country. Beth, you have no idea how keeping this forum going for many of us is really our family and comfort zone. I know I'm not the only one who without this forum and my RVing friends wonders how or what we could do to survive in what would be a very lonely life otherwise. So thank you very much and if you ever need funds to keep us going here, please let me know.

Think my DDs napping, she had a horrible sinus headache for most of the day, so I've been wondering when she was going to finally end up taking something and resting. She's missing, so I won't go looking for her.

Stopped by a Verizon store yesterday and got the particulars on upgrading etc. thinking a long those lines but whew, visit there a wee depressing. Too many things on the "fix it" and "to do" list and my phone works ok, it's the IPad having real trouble with. Speaking of which if it drops this post I may throw it hmmm :lol:

Enjoy your evening, and please stay safe, if driving,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Yes, I have to add that my life wouldn't be what it is today if not for the wonderful friends I have made on here who have supported, inspired, and encouraged me over the years. Thank you all!

I spent the day at the house. The previous owner said she was going to clean it for me but apparently she didn't get to it. She looked pretty wiped out and overwhelmed at the walk thru the other day, so she probably wasn't up to it. She left some things there too, like throw rugs, towels, curtains, etc. I tossed most of that since they weren't in very good condition and I have my own anyways. I will need to go thru the house and do a good cleaning.

Also, I had noticed a doggy smell in the carpets before, so I asked her to have the carpets shampooed which she did have done. The smell is still there and very strong. I think it is actually dog or cat urine in the carpeting. I planned to have the carpet in the bedroom removed and run the bamboo flooring in there but now I will have to do the same in the dining and living room too. I really like the carpet that is in there but I imagine the smell is down into the padding so has to be removed. Will see if I can get the bamboo flooring done in the next couple weeks. That will give me time to paint those rooms first and then get the flooring done before the furniture arrives.

I spent some time lounging in the sunroom. That will definitely be my favorite room! It was so nice with all the windows open and the breeze coming thru and looking out at the trees (some blooming with flowers) and it was so beautiful! I could hear the trickling of the creek. So awesome! My dining room table was delivered so will put that together tomorrow when I go back in the morning. I left around 5pm since it was getting dark and I have no lamps there yet.

Lots of work to do around there but will be a labor of love!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks for the kind words directed my way but all I did did was build the site. It's everyone that is here that keeps this forum what it is. And everyone who has and continues to help on areas of the forum... I couldn't do it all myself. I, also, get the same benefits from the friendships made. I don't know if full timing would have worked so well without all of you to support me and bring me out of my, often, solitary shell. Thank you, each and every one of you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 pm

It's been a long, busy day with my son and his family and all their guests, but I also want to thank everyone for this site. The best part is that I never feel alone, no matter where I am in the country. I feel I could call on someone for help if I were to have a real emergency, which is a really nice thing about this group.

Beth is right that it is the members who keep this thing going and make it what it is, but I am glad she started it many years ago.

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all, and hope you all had a good day, wherever you are!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 am

Beth something you said hit a cord in me. I too am thankful for the forum and this fabulous network of intelligent, caring, independent, adventurous women. Some of us enjoy our privacy and have developed over the years a comfort level with our solitude... I appreciate that there are wonderful reasons to leave my hermitage behind sometimes and join the human network of living and explore this world and life, as it is, in joint ventures...with kindred spirits.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee