Wednesday Tday Eve

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday Tday Eve

Postby carolb » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

Gmorning all :)

Just getting in before a.m. is over here in NY....Everyone getting ready for the holiday?

Barbie, nice furniture & great price! I like that you & Donna are going for the "open" look. So nice to free of so much STUFF! Donna, how is your move-in progressing?

Martha, did Harold perk up? Oh the heartache of "in & out" hospitalization...

Not much here, baking pies to take to niece's tmrw. Sweet kids, she & her DH, & doing their first big dinner at their house--only 5 of us, which I think will be a nice cozy time.

So, in case I don't get here tmrw, y'all have a wonderful thanksgiving wherever you are, whatever you do 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday Tday Eve

Postby monik7 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! No place for me to go this Thanksgiving. Daughter and family are on their annual trip to Disneyland to celebrate the holiday and my grandson Aidan’s birthday. Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Sandi you should have come up here. I am cooking a turkey and all the fixin's just for me LOL oh Emma might get a scrap or two.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 pm

I meant to see if there was a soup kitchen or similar I could serve at tomorrow. But I didn't. :oops: So I signed up for the dinner here at the park. I'm bringing cranberries/cranberry salad. I don't care for turkey but like all the sides, so will gobble them up.

Otherwise it'll probably be a quiet day here... With possibly record-breaking warm temps. I'm taking then!

Lol Karen, you and Emma will eat well!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Still in Napa, with all the fixings for pumpkin pie ready to put together. Baked the fresh pumpkins yesterday and scraped out all the flesh. Even bought two glass pie pans I will leave with my DIL.

Been busy with doctors. Friday had little bump removed from my nose by dermatologist. Monday and Tuesday was Opthamologist, and Yesterday was pain clinic to get some advice on my back. And for the past week have had a kidney stone trying to pass so went to emergency room on Sunday night. They confirmed via cat scan that I did have a kidney stone on its way out and gave me more pain meds, but it still has not passed because I still have some pain. I keep thinking it is gone, but no such luck so just have to wait.

Yesterday was warm and sunny, but today is cloudy and a little cooler. Still not bad, however. Going to drive over to son's house to check on things--they have friends up from San Diego and spent yesterday in SF--four kids four adults! Can't bake my pies there until late afternoon as oven is busy. Daughter-in-law has never baked a turkey, so she bought one ready cooked that they just have to heat up--very expensive. I told her I would cook one for her next time.

Leaving on Friday morning to head to Death Valley, so looking forward to that.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm

carolb wrote:
Martha, did Harold perk up? Oh the heartache of "in & out" hospitalization...

Harold had 2 good weeks after the last blood transfusion but I can see him getting weaker. Yesterday he ate lunch and threw up and today he didn't want to eat lunch so they put him back to bed.

I just got back from Lafayette. My son got an early Christmas present, a battery charger. He has been having trouble with the battery in his car and he lets it go until Thanksgiving week. I gave him an ear full about that. He had the truck until yesterday so he wasn't worried about the car.

I made a gumbo yesterday and I should have waited until after Thanksgiving because I have a turkey breast to cook tomorrow. We are going to have a lot of food in the refrigerator. I ate lunch at Piccadilly and they had a freezer with their carrot soufflé so I bought one. I love that stuff. So, more food. :roll:

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving and don't eat too much like I will.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby elkriverrats » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all you wonderful ladies! I'm headed to my parents - lucky for me as my work has been so busy I can't fathom cooking a big meal. I stopped by the grocery store yesterday after work since the kitchen is bare right now and it was so packed I turned around...figure the kid and I can live off what is in the freezer until after tomorrow. Hubby won't be home again until Christmas (he has been in PR and USVI since Hurricane Maria, except for one short week home). Temps in my area look mild this weekend and that means I have camping fever. Maybe I will blow off all my fall chores and head out!
Safe travels to all
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Return to Morning Coffee