Magnificent MONDAY

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Magnificent MONDAY

Postby asirimarco » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 am

Good Morning to all for lovely Mazatlan, MX The weather has finally cooled down and the humidity has dropped. Very nice here now. We have friends from Idaho here next to us for a couple of weeks. So will be showing them around the area. Lots of fun and going places involved. Went to the Plazuela Machado last night for dinner to listen to the music and people watch. This is a 3 day holiday weekend here so lots and lots of people for all over Mexico in town. Today they will be going home.
All work is finally done on the Jeep.
Take care if you are on the road. And have fun travels.
asirimarco

Re: Magnificent MONDAY

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am

Morning, Carol.
Winnie gets washed and waxed today. And I start a work week... With one less day because of Thanksgiving. In two weeks I'll have a week I have to work all my days lol

Nothing exciting here. Have a great day everyone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 am

Josef and I are back from Columbus and brought home a visitor, one of my friend Cindy's girls. She is about a year and a half and a little shy until she warms up to the situation. Which is part of the reason she came to stay with us for a while. She will also head up to the UKC shows next weekend with Lark and see if she can get her Championship. Audrey and Josef will just sit back and watch until "Vandy" gets her UKC title and then all three of them will duke it out. There just aren't any other English Cocker Spaniels being shown at UKC in southern Ohio so we have to bring our own entries if we want to accomplish anything past a Champion title.

Josef won some more Grand Championship points this weekend and stood behind other dogs to help them win some. (Josef has his AKC Grand title but is now heading towards his Bronze/100 point level.) For most of the time my friend Linda and I were the only Owner Handlers standing in a ring of flashy dogs and some rather well known professional handlers. Linda's girl won Best Owner Handler 2 days and Josef won 2 of the days. We were set up together so we took turns cheering for each other......

What I did notice is that Josef is not invisible in the ring. He does get looked at and sometimes the judges look past my less than perfected handling skills and the faces of the very well known professional handlers and Josef gets the nod. Josef also met the #1 ranked Owner Handler bitch (Josef tied for 4th this year). She is from California but was being showed this weekend by a handler. She out placed Josef some of the time and he managed to out place her a couple of times. That lets me know that on any given day or with some judges he has a chance.....Now he can head down to the competition in Orlando in December knowing that there definitely are possibilities.

All this dog show stuff....to think I could be putting gas in the RV.....always about choices! :) Yes, I am missing the warmer weather already. Josef once again found very frozen water out on the deck......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 am

Good morning
Just a tad chilly this morning.
Finally got my notepad to reboot. Since it froze up yesterday and the screen just kept
Flashing, I let it drain the battery. Then I plugged in the charger and recharged it. After that I was able to turn it on . Seems to be ok now, but it was weird and thought it odd for the battery to be 100% for 2 days even though I was using it.
Think today I will take the motorhome out for a drive, exercise the genny and perform some routine maintenance. Maybe drive out to Apache Junction and check out a few rv parks for future reference.
I'll decide after I wash my hair.
That's it from me, nothing else is worth talking about.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am

Sunny here but low 40's makes it a bit nippy out there! Emma is growing so fast I'm afraid she is going to outgrow her inside pen before Toby accepts her. Still playing keep away which makes it all a bit difficult. Had a trainer in and some progress was made but we have homework, feeding them treats while Toby stands next to her pen. Every time he looks at her without growling or lifting a lip, they both get a treat.

We've been having trouble with our phones and computers freezing up too, I've been able to do a 'hard' reboot on the phones and get them going but very frustrating.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby carolb » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Gmorning all :)

Afternoon here in NY, have been enjoying watching a beautiful snowfall--our first "real" one of the season, so pretty, but about done now. I always say if it has to be cold, there should at least be pretty snow...Tomorrow 50deg! Yardwork day to get the maple leaves that have finally fallen! So, not quite like Mazatlan.

Tina, proud of your champions:) BJ, good training of your Toby--jealous boy & for a good reason. Little sis Emma is too adorable. Alice, I think AJ would be a good place to move--less traffic at that edge of town? Lyn, congrats on the expectation of a new grand:)

Was glad to see you post recently Martha. Birdie told me she was looking forward to seeing you again. Still keeping good thoughts for Harold & you... Would be nice to hear from our new homeowners, but I think this is about the time they're taking possession & moving in?

Not much else...Hope y'all have a great day & be safe wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm

It's ok if it gets cold here just don't snow. lol Louisiana drivers don't know how to drive in snow. It got down to 44 last night and 69 in the house. I had to turn the heat on. The sun isn't shinning so I might have to put the thermostat up a little.

Harold was feeling good when I went this morning but by the time lunch was over he wasn't feeling good and wanted to lay down. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in the hospital for Thanksgiving.

The local grocery store that has a lunch everyday was out of gumbo by the time I made it over there. Darn, I have to cook. lol Yesterday I saw a recipe on facebook for hamburger hash that looked good. Of course I didn't save it so will have to wing it. Need to cook some of the stuff that's in the freezer. I bought a turkey breast for Thanksgiving but not really in a holiday mood. I would like to go to my sister's to see her "new" motorhome but probably won't.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee