Serene Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Serene Sunday

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 pm

All’s well in SD. Daughter home from hospital. My new great grand baby will be a girl! Went to a “declair the gender” party yesterday. Due date May.
Clear and cool this AM on our early walk. Benji does not get up as early as Casey used to. So it was closer to 7 AM than 6 AM.
57* in Quartzsite....nice for Sheila. I am anxious to be joining you!
Going to organ concert in park this afternoon.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Serene Sunday

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Good morning
Had a post all ready to open morning coffee, suddenly my back space button went nuts and erased everything. My notepad then froze and screen went black. It seems to be flashing but won't even reboot. Frustrated, that was the new one I bought in Colorado!
Had dinner and a visit with daughter last evening. It was a nice visit.
I continue with tubs in the shed, only two left to sort through. Brought one to the porch so it can make its way into the living room when I get ready to turn the TV on while I sort.
Got a good sized letter from the park management about the closing of the park. Next meeting is January 13th. Things are not looking favorable for the contract to be renewed.
Nothing else important. Y'all have a good day be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:23 pm

The rangers tell me there is a local bear that they call "Henry." He runs away from people, but is sighted frequently. I'm still waiting for my first sighting! Perhaps he's mythical?

We've fallen into a golden patch of sunshine near Asheville and are just lazing about enjoying it. Heading on south soon.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Told myself I'd head to town this morning... Return something to Walmart, get haircut, etc. So far the only thing I've accomplished is washing dishes and it's afternoon now. I know I'll spend money I don't want to spend if I go into town... And I don't really need anything. Haircut will have to wait.

Does anyone have the Rangemate Pro? I miss my convection microwave... Almost 4 years without... Hate heating the place up with my oven. I'm tempted to buy one, but would like a review from someone I know. The only problem is I don't use the microwave when boondocking, but as long as I'm still workamping so much, that's not an issue.

Happy Sunday!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Been out shopping for a few things this morning. It is shocking how fast your purchases add up. I remember when I used to buy groceries for a whole week for $25--ah the good old days. But I hardly made any money then also. :lol: (I am sounding like my grandparents.)

Still a little sore from kidney stones, mostly a little bladder pain. If it persists when I am out tomorrow, I will give the local urologist a call. I saw him a couple of years ago for the same thing, but if he won't see me, I will try emergency room or urgent care. Just really tired from all of this. Got some turkey thighs cooking for dinner. Borrowed DILs car after watching kids last night. They have a houseful of friends from San Diego and two kids, so I said I would just sit here on my own today.

Nice sunny day here in Napa, but a lot of traffic noise today, and when I don't hear the traffic, I can hear the ice rink music nearby. Napa has an outdoor artificial rink during the winter, but they have to use a cooling pad. Much too warm for real ice.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Irmi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to let you know all is well in Ocala. The days are warm and nights are cooler. We have rain moving in for a couple days this week. I was asked to play for church today, but the organist, who is going through kidney dialysis, was able to play. Yay for her! We're still learning the ropes of getting around on this end of town, as Ocala is a good size town, but we like it here.

Lyn, what I would give to go to the organ concert with you!

Judy, you snuck in while I was posting. I hope you feel better soon!
Irmi

Postby Liz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm

All is well here in Dowling Park, Florida too. Beautiful days...good for walking and kayaking. I leave here tomorrow for a week in Georgia with my dd and family for Thanksgiving . We will meet at Skidaway Island state park near Savannah.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee