It’sSaturday, Where are you?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’sSaturday, Where are you?

Postby Colliemom » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm

After noon here on the east side of the U.S.A. And mobody here. Well, guess I will put in two cents worth. Just got home from town. Was realy foggy, but cleared out pretty much now. Little snow expected later. Going to spend rest of day working on scrapbook. Looking back on this years trips, has me thinking of next year. Just finished reading about the Laura Ingalls Wilder Heritage Trail which follows most of a route the Ingalls took on their moves to places she talks about in her books. Lots of places and things to see. Would make a nice trip from Pepin, WI to MN, MO, IA and SD. I’m sure many of us have read her books.

Time to run the vac and move on here. Hope you are all having a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: It’sSaturday, Where are you?

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Sue, that would be a fun trail. I've been to a couple of the locations.

The park is having a garage/yard sale and lots are participating. I've never seen so many cars on the park streets as this morning when Peaches and I went for our walk... We hurried to the dog gate to get outside the park to walk the neighborhood and avoid the traffic. I did spend a dollar. :)

Laundry day and back working on a website today... And maybe just sitting outside this afternoon for awhile... Have to enjoy this beautiful weather while it's continuing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Good morning
Just cruising through to say hi. Nothing is new in my world.
Y'all enjoy your day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Just sitting in my motorhome in EXPO fairgrounds in Napa. (This is a great RV park, by the way, with grass, very large paved sites, laundry, and full hookups.) Rode my bike to dermatologist to get little bump removed from my nose and he froze a thing on my leg. Went to get checked for other sun-damage cancer since it has been three years. Need to find a better dermatologist in Napa. First one three years ago, lectured me on homeopathic remedies for my allergies. This one kept pushing the Atkins diet on me as a cure for my back pain. (I had trouble laying down on the hard table and getting back up.) I told him I was specifically warned against the Atkins diet by my gastroenterologist several years ago, but why should a dermatologist be lecturing me about a specific diet anyway??? He just would not stop--very strange.

Had some pain last night, especially laying on one side, but do feel better today. I am running through my supply of pain stuff, unfortunately. Am always worried I will be out in middle of some place like Nevada with no pain pills. Night before was really horrible, so maybe the stone is gone and this is over. Anyway, nice and sunny but cool here, and son will come over to pick me up later. I will watch kids while parents go to one of those shopping events for poor kids, where kids shop for parents. They have to go because of connections with schools.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Not much going on here. I went to the nursing home and came home. I'm not going to fight the Lafayette traffic on a Saturday. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and found a Christmas present I wasn't looking for. If I see something I think someone would like they get a present. If I don't get an inspiration some people are out of luck. lol

My sister bought a 1992 Fleetwood motorhome yesterday. She has camped with me enough to know a little about campers but not enough. Her sons are mechanics but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do anything. I'm afraid it's going to be another yard ornament.

The dermatologist I go to is kind of strange too. My friend and I call him the mad scientist. He is always pulling out books and showing us pictures. I would like to find another doctor but I haven't found one that will take medicare. I'm afraid that's going to be our future, we have insurance but no doctor will take it.

A line of rain came through a little while ago but the temperature is back up to 80. The weather channel says it's going to be 45 tonight. I don't know where the cold front is.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Good afternoon I have been busy this week but the weekend is here now and kind of like to coast if possible. I do have a project every day tho no matter how small. I have my house decorated now (nothing big) but been feeling kind of festive since I will be home this year for the first time in MANY years of travel nursing out of town. I shampooed my bedroom rug now need to wash the kitchen and bathroom floors. The living room and guest bedroom rugs are still pretty clean so will do them another time. My Roomba seems to keep them spiffy.

Have a small turkey to cook for Thanksgiving and all the trimmings so wont have to fight the grocery stores. Motorhome maintenance this coming week. Need to exercise my generator for sure and empty my Drizit containers if anything in them.

Went up to the clubhouse for coffee with the neighbors and a lite breakfast. Was lots of fun for an hour. Met a new neighbor who is just moving here. Recently widowed lady (June) so she is looking to make some new friends here.

Now time for a Mocha and Netflix. The new season is out for Longmire so will entertain myself this afternoon with that. Fixing Garlic Salmon and roasted cauliflower for dinner.....yum I need to get a restart on my diet but decided will wait to get really serious until after the holidays. Well Thanksgiving anyway. Dont care so much about Christmas as I just eat pretty normally but love all the traditional foods at Thanksgiving. When I was working it was really hard at Christmas because all the doctors bought us the best goodies and nothing nutritional ha ha thank goodness. So back to my low carbs, lots of protein and veggies. Alas not much pasta (my downfall). Am also going to try to walk around the community weather permitting. I just need to get motivated!!!!
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 pm

I was on the water today, kayaking a new -to-me section of the Suwannee River with a couple of friends. Tomorrow I need to clean out the RV after carrying 3 sandy kayaks in it. Then get it packed and ready to pull out Monday for Thanksgiving week at Skidaway Island State Park in Georgia (near Savannah) with daughter and family.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Morning Coffee