Soggy Wednes

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Soggy Wednes

Postby Colliemom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:02 am

Morning all. Wet and rainy here today. Not great for the opening day of firearm’s deer season. Off to the eye doc this morning. Then will work on scrapbook this afternoon. Want to get this years trips in there before it’s time to start new one’s next year :lol: Always fun to work and remember the places, the people etc. Keeps me busy for awhile too. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Soggy Wednes

Postby asirimarco » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 am

Good Morning to All from still hot and very humid Mazatlan, MX. Weather is supposed to change by end of week. Sure hope so - Except for early morning we are pretty much staying inside with AC.
Having work done on the Jeep - right now it is in zillion pieces - the condenser in the AC went out and wouldn't you know the AC is behind the dashboard so the entire dash unit had to come out. Put pictures of it on my blog. Today they'll come back to continue putting it back together then give Willie, the Jeep an oil change and a couple of other minor fixes. When we checked with the mechanic in Vegas about the AC he said it was about a ten hour job at $150 an hour not counting parts...not sure what final price here will be but will be much cheaper. And we have used this mechanic for years.
Also my cameras are in for cleaning the lenses. Can pick them up today. Again no comparison to price in US.
Yesterday we got cable Internet installed - so no more limited data and so far it seems pretty fast. Yippee! I've been blogging daily with lots of pictures. Blog url is in signature.
If car gets done in time, we'll got pick up cameras, drop Bills watches off at the watchmaker to get cleaned and serviced, go to optometrist to get his glasses fixed and maybe drop a pair of my sandals off at the shoe repair to have them dyed. If not today - manana.
By Sunday friends from Idaho will be here for a couple of weeks - they haven't been to Mazatlan to spend any time so it will be fun showing them around.
I'll trade any one heat for cold weather Take care on the road.
asirimarco

Postby avalen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:51 am

Good morning
Hope to get out of town today but there's a bitty fly in the ointment. Did laundry yesterday, used 3
machines and when they were done, 1 wouldn't unlock. I called the repair company listed on the sign on the wall . Sometime today the repair guy will be here. Ill have to wash my sheets over of course.
Turned on the fridge yesterday to get it chilled. Will get to the grocery store sometime today. But of course I have no idea what time the service guy is coming, between 8 and 4:30 . Guess I'll be the pest and call again.
I have nothing else on my mind right now, y'all have a good day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 am

Carol, a couple visiting Whitewater Draw yesterday afternoon just complained forever that it was too hot.. Mid 80's. Here I am this morning running my generator to run my little space heater.... Twas 44 in here. It's now up to 57 in here... Small spaces heat up quickly... The sun is out helping also. Won't use the heater much more, as the sun should do the trick now.

Not positive where I'll head today

Alice, I don't want you wasting money, but see if the office will pay to restart that machine... It might just finish the cycle correctly this time.

Seeing that it's 60 inside... Peaches wants a walk... Remember my comment yesterday about forgetting a sweatshirt? It's only 42 outside right now. I'm hoping the sun makes it feel warmer.... Cuz off we go... Me wrapped in my blankie.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 am

Getting ready to drive up to Columbus, drop off and set up the grooming equipment. Meeting with a couple of other folks at 1pm when the building opens so that we can try to set up together. I will then drive back to Lebanon. After running in and out of the cold last weekend I decided not to drive the RV up with all the dogs. I could stay warm but this particular fairgrounds is in the middle of the city and not all that attractive to walk dogs around. It is suppose to rain and since Josef is the only one actually showing this weekend, everyone else would just be sitting around in their crates waiting for me to come back to the rig and walk them. Unfortunately, it will be cold and wet and I won't walk them far..... :) So....I am dropping Lark, Audrey and Remi off at Camp Suzie's. There they will get attention off and on all day and someone to listen to their complaints of neglect and how jealous they are of Josef..... Remi's tail wags when he is at my friend Suzie's kennel, that is how I know that they really do enjoy staying. Besides the kennel area she has a couple large fields fenced that they can take turns running....just like home.

It will be interesting how Josef acts being "only dog" for a day or two. He really enjoys having his very own Golden Retriever to play with.

Hope most folks find themselves in a temperature they can find some comfort in and make it a day worthy of their enthusiasm!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:09 am

Good Morning All, nice day here today...sunny and cool.
To clarify, the daughters boyfriend likes dogs, has had them all his life. He now doesn’t want thr responsibility.
I make lists constantly when getting ready for a trip in the TT.
You have given me some ideas Beth. I love the area around Patagonia St Pk. That’s for my free time between the Lance rally near Phx and the Gilbert Ray GTG in Feb.
I’m out of coffee...off to CostCo!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

It got down to about 56 last night and 73 in the house. Good sleeping weather. I think it's suppose to get up to 80.

Carol, sounds like you are having a good time in Mexico.

Ava, some times these know-it-all washers are a pain. Mine will lock during some cycles and I can't get the door open. If it's unbalanced I would like to be able to move the clothes. It will just keep changing directions until I guess the clothes rearrange themselves. I think it's in it's own time warp because the timer sure moves slow. A minute can take 5 minutes.

I guess I better get moving. I decided to go get my hair cut and not whack on it again. I get it messed up when I cut on it a few times. Can't stand to have it turning up on the ends.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Camping at Lake Powhatan for a few days. Lovely sunshine.

I really need to dry everything out. That was rain and fog together, and the damp got everywhere! The cast iron skillet safely in the cupboard formed a few dots of rust. I'm splurging on a site with electricity, and I brought the little heater (just in case), so we should be dry and fine soon.

The rangers tell me there is a local bear that they call "Henry." He runs away from people, but is sighted frequently. I'm waiting for my first sighting!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Morning long gone and I haven't accomplished anything.
Tina - sounds like a good plan on the doggies. Good luck at the show. You and your babies have really been racking up the ribbons lately.
Think I'll try to get a couple of items ready to put in antique mall before going grocery shopping.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Nice and cool here at Hensley Lake. As usual, it is nice and quiet, as well. I am happy to report that I am doing better today with urine not being so dark or pinkish with blood, so maybe I have passed a kidney stone already. If it had continued, I would have gone to emergency room in Napa when I got there tomorrow. Always good to avoid an emergency room visit! :D

I was going to buy two pumpkin pies in Napa for Thanksgiving, but at the ridiculous prices the bakeries are charging, I am going to make my own. I will have to buy a couple of pie pans, however, and cook them at my daughter-in-law's house as my oven is too small and uneven. I'll use my mother's ancient recipe and just take the pie pans with crust in them and the pumpkin mix with me. I can dump it in them and bake them the night before at their house. Thought I would also dip some strawberries in chocolate if I can find any.

Napa is getting some substantial rain today and had some a couple of days ago and maybe a week ago, but next week will be mostly sunny. They need the rain to heal the burned areas.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee