Today is terrific Tuesday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Today is terrific Tuesday!

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Just a reminder....good to see you post, Cheryl. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Today is terrific Tuesday!

Postby avalen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Good morning,
Well the ceiling is painted to a stopping point, now to get the lights and vents put back and
I can start packing for a few days get away. Had a followup Dr appt for Friday but canceled that this morning since its not needed. When I get back ill start on the shelf area where the kitty used to hang out. You'd think this small area would be easy to paint but Nooooooooooo, too many little items, nooks and crannies to just roll away and be done.
Gotta get a load of laundry going and do the beds. There are few dishes to do and groceries to buy.
Everything else can wait until I get back.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Enjoy your trip, Alice. I remember how hard it was painting my bathrooms before I sold my condo. Almost none of it could be rolled and my hands got so sore from brushing. Don't envy you.

I'm at Hensley Lake in California for a couple of days before I head to Napa for four doctor appointments and Thanksgiving with my son's family. Always pretty here, but am not feeling well today, so not terrific Tuesday for me. No pain, but yesterday noticed pinkish, dark urine, which means something is going on with my kidneys--probably one of my remaining stones. Just get tired of this passing stones over and over again. So I am on a drink-as-much-water-as-I-can regimen and hope it goes away soon. I have pain meds if I need them. Emergency room doctor last summer (2016) gave me heavy-duty pain meds and CD of my cat scan showing remaining stones.

Going to do some sorting and straightening up of the space under my back dinette benches. Also need to get my printer out and get some stuff printed out that I will need for my doctor appointments in Napa. It is amazing how a tiny space like a motorhome quickly gets out of control if you do not keep up with the clutter! Guess it would help if I didn't just stuff things in nearest place when I bought them.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:57 pm

I spent last night on forest service land in Madera Canyon. Today I'm at Whitewater Draw. People can't figure me out because I was looking for everything but the cranes. There are at least a few thousand cranes here right now. Tis warm this afternoon, so I'll look forward to the sunset. That said, I didn't bring anything but sundresses... Forgot my sweatshirt for early and late. So if anyone saw me walking Peaches this morning with a throw blanket clutched around my shoulders they would have laughed.

Judy, sorry the kidney stones are acting up again. No fun.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:10 pm

I vaguely remember something about Madera Canyon. I spent 10 days at Lake Patagonia in Spring 2016, but I was horribly sick with flu and a bad cough, so hardly went out except to urgent care in Green Valley. Can you get to Madera Canyon in a motorhome like mine? Is it a dirt or paved road. Might want to try it for a night this winter. Oops. Just saw vehicle max for campground was 22 feet, which eliminates me!! OK, so can I drive up there with my 32' RV? So where is Whitewater draw??
JudyJB
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 pm

That's the problem with having two homes, Beth. You never have everything with you as before. :lol: I need to make a list of what I take out of the RV so I remember to put it back when I go somewhere. Had an appointment with a new audiologist here in the Village today. Gradually changing over my drs. from Ocala to here. She's going to be a good one. Got wax cleaned out and probably will be looking at new aids next year as technology has advanced enough to perhaps improve my hearing and reduce my bank account, lol.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Birdie was here for a few days and she headed West this morning. I had a dentist appointment and went to Sam's. They are remodeling our Sam's so they have a lot of the store blocked off. Good time to start all this before Christmas. Tomorrow is my younger son's birthday so I brought him his present and a cake. Tried a different way to get across town. lol I went to the nursing home for supper instead of lunch. That makes me have to drive home in the dark and I don't like to do that.

Our weather has been so nice. Not too hot and cool at night.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Judy, you could drive into Madera Canyon. I didn't stay in the official cg but on forest service land. I'm not guessing you'd want to drive that road, either. I'd tell anyone who takes it to park in the visitor parking and walk first. I was going to spend tonight in a forest service cg at Cochise Stronghold. I knew the road was bad which is why I've not done it in the past. But after too much washboard road, then a sign saying narrower and windier for the last 1.8 miles to the cg, I turned around.

Judy and Lyn, I LOVE Whitewater Draw. It's a mile or so of gravel and slow, but not like these others. If you don't like birds, you might not want to go... But I go back again and again. Most go just for the sandhill cranes, which was me my first visit. But there are so many other birds. I'm months and months behind with my blog, but thinking I need to catch up on a few places that really are worthy!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Bethers wrote:Judy, you could drive into Madera Canyon. I didn't stay in the official cg but on forest service land. I'm not guessing you'd want to drive that road, either. I'd tell anyone who takes it to park in the visitor parking and walk first. I was going to spend tonight in a forest service cg at Cochise Stronghold. I knew the road was bad which is why I've not done it in the past. But after too much washboard road, then a sign saying narrower and windier for the last 1.8 miles to the cg, I turned around.

Beth, I drove to Cochise Stronghold last year in my car. Didn’t have any trouble. I drove through the CG. I feel I could have taken my RV there. I enjoyed walking the trails and imagining what it was like for Cochise and his clan.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Sandi, I rarely could go 5 mph today... It was worse than Top of the World Highway in Alaska. I know the roads aren't always as bad.... Glad you got all the way up. A couple years ago I didn't take my car because of really bad reports. I'll try again another time. My casita is close.
Beth
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:22 pm

One of my favorite places is Ash Meadows Wildlife Refuge, about 20 miles NW of Pahrump, NV. Last time I drove the 7 miles in on the gravel roads, a large piece of trim along the inside of the driver's side slide trim fell off! This was a board about 6" wide by 7' long! My cousin had to screw it back in place. It's a lovely place, but a killer on your vehicle, and I was driving no faster than 10 MPH.

There are wonderful ponds and rare pupfish, plus a boardwalk that takes you along the stream and springs that feed the stream and wonderful bird habitat. And this is amazingly close to Death Valley. Wish they would pave the road, but they said they were afraid people would use it as a race track.

The water in the deep springs is so clear, you can watch the diving birds go all the way to the bottom!

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/ash_meadows/
JudyJB
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Oh, Judy, you're right. I was there several years ago and somehow forgot about it. It's back on my list!
Beth
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:41 am

Beth, I am going to be in Death Valley from Dec 1-8. I have no place to go afterwards, so I may wander over to Ash Meadows. It is such a lovely place, and they have a new visitor center. I will call ahead and ask about the condition of the road. The website says you can only take the southern road in because the west road is under construction.

There are some places that I hate to drive to get to, but this place is so lovely, I will do it and just drive extremely slowly. Will just have to pick up pieces that fall off and screw them up again!

Here are photos from four years ago: http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/2013/12/ ... dlife.html That was the year I practically froze to death in Death Valley. Lows were 22 at night and 50 during the day.
JudyJB
JudyJB

Return to Morning Coffee