Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday

Postby carolb » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 am

Gmorning all :)

Sarah, you mentioned Tday--wow, coming up soon to start off the holiday season already! Time, where does it go?

So much anticipation for you Donna & Barbie, as you prepare for setting up your new homes. And Alice, getting your 5th wheel prettied-up to sell--I'll miss your camp driveway :( My camp driveway is available to you (or anyone else), anytime, but it's not quite the winter home I had with you ;) Spring, summer, fall--all are welcome! But actually, I had a couple of my Trek friends here last Dec, & it was really a great time!

Sheila, I'll miss wintering in Q again this year--I think it'll be my third year of not seeing you! The last time I was there, you weren't--just wasn't the same...safe travels as you make your way there...(on edit: You mentioned Mittrey? Lake--Lyn & I went there a few years ago on your & someone else's recommendation. Was a good time. Campsites were limited, but we found a peaceful place on the far side :) )

Y'all have a great day, be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:33 am

Morning Carolb and all. Been enjoying your cheery morning posts Carol. Yes, Tday is fast approaching. Was thinking this morning that the holidays willbe upon us and then we will roll in nto a New Year. Winter willbe two months down by then.

Donna and Barbie, fun, though busy times ahead as you start new chapters and make new homes “your rs”. I know I have enjoyed doing mine. Alice, love your ainting idea in your 5er. You using exterior or interior paint? Primervor paint with primer? Have been giving thought to doing my bathroom in mine.

Molly has a hot spot on her chest, which I’m trating with a home recipe recipe I found online till we can get into the vet. Called Friday and earliest is tomorrow late afternoon. It’s been spreading over the weekend. Gonna call again this morning. Poor baby. Otherwise on agenda except the Mondayvrun to bank and go get dog food. Have a great day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 am

Good morning
Enjoyed my visit with son yesterday, but I didn't take the motorhome, weather was nice so I didn't need a.c..
Back to painting today, using the primer paint , one that has the primer mixed in. Color is called silver moonlight and is exactly how it sounds, a very slight grey. I should have the ceiling finished today. At least that is the plan, my back is hurting really bad where the bone has the osteoporosis. Seems I can't remember to take my calcium. Will have to work on that.Taking the Aleve again for now, in a few days I should be able to come off the Aleve. I don't like taking pills unless its necessary, and now it is.
I have too much to do to be in pain. I hope to have the fifthwheel sold before I leave town for the summer, but of course we all know how plans can change. I do plan on keeping my sight here for at least another year.
I was trying to remember the name of that lake over by Q, just last evening,,,,,Mitrey. Will have to Google the exact location. Seems I remember seeing another lake down by Yuma, Ferguson or something like that. I will find it again and look at reviews.
That's about it from me, y'all have a good day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Othersharon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am

Good morning. Looks like the weather is a rewind of last week, cold and rainy or freezing rain. :( Looks like you’re getting it up your way too, Carol! If not today, it’s coming!

Donna and Barbie, getting closer to you getting into your new homes. Excited for you and excited to hear about it as you make them yours. Alice, what brand is the paint you mentioned? I’ve been looking at grays but most of what I’ve found are kinda dull rather then silver. Maybe I just have in my mind what I want and it’s just not out there!

I managed to get my running around done on Saturday during the PSU game and managed to miss all the before and after traffic! It’s always fun to go by the one WalMart where their lot turns into an RV village! Stopped in and visited wth my daughters in laws for a few minutes and got to see a couple of the grands. Don’t know what they’re feeding these guys but they are getting so tall! My 16 year old GS is gotten over 6’ and his brother is fast catching up to him. Dropped off soup to my friend and she told me later it was really good. Maybe I haven’t lost my touch!

Need to get moving and get a shower and get my day going. I have a 1:30 appointment today and a few things I want to get done before I go so I’d better get to it. Hope you all have a good day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

Mittry Lake is by Yuma, not by Q... But it's not far. I've always been lucky to get one of the few sites on the water there. Love it.

If I get a few things done this morning, I'll be packing some things into Cruiser and taking a few days off, leaving later today or first thing tomorrow. It's strange to have to move things lol... Very simple though... Some food, toiletries, a couple sundresses, a couple books and my camera... Oh and sheets and a blanket. First stop will be filling the propane to make sure the fridge stays cold. Will be roughing it a bit... Other than a quick daily check, I'm planning to stay offline. :roll:

Have a great day everyone!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am

The paint I got with primer mixed in is glidens, bought at walmart
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

Mornin' ladies ~~~
Moved yesterday and am now parked at Buena Vista Aquatic Recreation Area in Taft, CA. Site right on the lake which was a nice way to watch the sunrise this A.M. Thanks for the suggestion JudyJB. I needed to see some water for a while after so much time in desert and the dusty CG for the last 1 1/2 months. Drove over the Tejon Pass and just copy-catted what the truckers did on the 6% grades. I'm slowly figuring out the 'M' gear :? There are only 6 of us in the CG right now, but a fishing tournament is gearing up towards week end, so it may get hopping in a day or so. Field trip app came up with a couple of things to do under the 'Weird California' list, so I may see how far away those things are. Also hope to get to Carrizo Plain Nat Monument since it's only an hour away. Wrong time of year for the flower bloom, but I've got some time here.

Will spend a little time today looking for someplace in AZ for Christmas week. Maybe I can get a free Italian Christmas dinner from my cousin in Sun City, but that's going to depend on which way I go before heading towards Q.

Hard to grasp that everyone is getting ready for the holidays. I haven't lost track of time, I'm just not wearing winter coats in preparation for them. :lol:

So that's it for me. Just playing it by year and being slightly lazy. Stay safe wherever your travels may be.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Return to Morning Coffee