Still Chilly Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Still Chilly Saturday

Postby Colliemom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 am

Morning. Looks like a lot of us northerners are having chilly weather. It really got cold here after the Arctic front came through. We broke a 90 year old record low set back in 1926 yesterday morning. 1 degree above zero, previous record was 10 above. Barely got above 20 yesterday. And 40 degree weather coming up this week again. Fall and Winter are really slugging it out. We got around 4-6 inches of snow besides, so decided to run my little snowblower over the drive just to test it out and make sure it was running right. Changed oil and plugs on both of them and greased the big one for the season ahead, last month.

Tina, loved your description of an Ohio fall. Sounded so peaceful. I was out walking the other day and we had big gray/white clouds passing by, sun and blue sky peaking out between and no wind. Looked so pretty with the spruce and bare trees against that late fall sky.

Been doing inside things since the cold and snow hit, but am making sure we get our daily walk in. Finished up the reinsulation on my basement workshop and gave it a good cleaning, think I might reinsulate the whole basement joist area as builders just stick a thick piece of insulation in each cubby. Cheap and fast but not necessarily the best way. And did get the house throughly cleaned. Now for fun stuff like scrapbook or puzzles

Lyn, sorry about your friend. Barbie, feeling excited for you. Pat, nice to see you pop in. Hope you all have a nice day out there. Kepp safe, warm, dry, whatever.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Still Chilly Saturday

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:06 am

First, Thank You to any and all our Veterans.

Post office is closed today, so I have no work either. But I do maintain websites and will take a few hours, or more if necessary, today to get some updates done on one. It's new to the "family" so we'll take more time. I also finally got my Amazon order do have some little projects for Cruiser. Then Cruiser and I will head into town for some shopping.

Sue, I saw some gorgeous pictures from Marquette and up your way. I love them... But have no desire to live in that anymore. I do understand why you do, though.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 am

Good morning
Thank you to any of our veteran gals or their spouses.
I've been painting again, want to get the living room finished
and move on to the next project. Eventually I will most likely
put the fifth wheel on the market. It's time to move on in my life.
Whatever that means, at this point I have no idea but it doesn't include mr bill.
Y'all have a good day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby carolb » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 am

Yes, thankful for our veterans--& I know we have some among us!

Not ready for such cold weather! Was nice of you Beth to mention that you've missed the stories of my travels. I plan to get on the road about mid Jan, hopefully. Really missed not being out west for the winter but may not make it there again this year. Jello plans are for FL. Have some Trek friends that will bumming around the FL beaches, may do a lot of boondocking with them. Will definitely pop into the GTGs, if all goes well. And then time at my sis's who will be at her FL farm. She always has work for me:) Alice, whatever your future may be, maybe it could include a cross country trip to FL???

Lyn, I somehow missed the post, so I went back. Definitely longevity for your swim team ladies, but sorry to hear you've lost one. Again, just wonderful how things worked out for Benji & you. I remember you mentioned that Valerie's BF was not too fond of dogs. Now the little guy has a full-time mom again, & you get to have a full-time traveling buddy :)

Wishing y'all a great day & be safe wherever you are. 8-)
carolb

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi!! It's after 12 here, just popping in to 2nd Carolb's suggestion of coming to Fl, Alice! I think it's a fabulous suggestion!!
Worth thinking on, my opinion :D

Rainy day, more or less just wet no hard downpour, but a lazy day. Still at my sisters and her oldest DD here for weekend. My Mr P loves my niece, haven't found anyone he doesn't love, if I ever do I will sure avoid them, as they'll have to be really bad people.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week end, doing what pleases them.

Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Redetotry » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I'm not ready for the cold weather either although supposed to warm up next week! Oh lord puppies are a lot of work. I can't believe one little dog can pee so much and not on the paper :roll: :roll: We went out quickly for dinner last night first time since Emma arrived and it felt so good. I can't imagine how new parents survive having only had dogs.

Ava glad you are starting to feel like you have a bit of a plan. Deciding to move on is big. Now you just have to decide where and when. Pin a map of the places you would like to visit on the wall and close your eyes a stick a pin in the map. :) I felt like I was stuck with nothing to do so much of the time. I sure took care of that1 But I do enjoy puppies and this stage too shall pass. I enjoy watching her grow and plan to work hard on training. Also have a trainer coming to the house to help with other two. Toby is such a problem it's going to take more than my experience to get him to come around especially since I waited so long.

Lyn I'm sorry to hear of the loss of one of your swim team friends. Oh oh better watch Valeries's BF if he doesn't like dogs. When I lived in San Diego the Standard Poodle I had at the time didn't like one of my roommates boyfriends. We all held him in great suspicion. When he found out what we thought and why, he tried really hard to make friends with her but it didn't work... and eventually neither did the BF

HA ha just read CArol's post about Mr P.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi everyone!

It's cool here in Ocala and I had to wear jeans and a long sleeve top today but tomorrow should be warmer. Brenda, Steve & I went riding around today to familiarize ourselves some more with the area. We like it here and don't miss the campground that we went to before. Kayaking is on our minds and we're looking forward to launching our boats different places this winter. Carolb, I hope we'll see you this winter! Tina, we'll miss you and your team! Velda, we keep you and your hubby in our prayers. BJ, you are the woman! Colliemom, like Beth said, I know why you do what you do. For the others, head south or winterize!
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Just got home from school a little while ago. Saturdays are such long days for me! By about 2:30, my brain shuts down and just can't handle any more information! :shock: Then two more hours of "blah, blah, blah, blah..." before we are finally done for the day.

Beautiful day here again. Gets a tad chilly at night making a sweater necessary. But am very glad I am not up north with those frigid temps below freezing! :o

I have tomorrow off and plan to load up my car with boxes and take them up to my storage unit. Maybe another load on Monday morning since I have to go up that way to bring the final check for my house to the escrow office.

I ordered a ladder and some new cat food from Amazon that both arrived today. Needed a step ladder for painting in the house. Lola seems to like the new food so am hoping it sits better with her. It is Blue Buffalo Basic with limited ingredients and grain free, so is supposed to be easier on the tummy.

I am tired tonight (brain overload) so will be getting to bed early tonight.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee