Snowy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 am

Good Morning. First major snow of the season is hitting us along with a blast of Arctic air later today. The Lake Effect snow machine will be starting up. Could see anywhere from 3-6 to 6-9 or more inches. It’s all on the whim if the winds. Winter Storm Warnings and Advisories posted. Typical of November in Michigan when the seasons battle it out till Winter wins eventually. Good couple days to stay in and give this house a good cleaning.

Beth, I’m enjoying your tales of your mail job. Tina, hang in there, be time to leave for FL before you know it. In meantime, put on some fleece. Irmi, I can tell you are Happy Campers, Cheryl, enjoy your CA visits and future plannings, BJ, congrats on the new addition to the dog family.

Guess I’ll get a move on and start cleaning, get it done and over with. Would rather be working out in my woods, trimming trees, cleaning up dead fall etc., like I was doing yesterday. Hope you all have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Snowy Thursday

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 am

Sorry Sue, I guess you missed those posts but depending upon when Audrey comes into heat this winter, unless you come to Orlando and watch the show in December there is a high probability that I won't be heading to Florida this winter, thus the references to my body having to adjust. I am hoping for a mild winter but know that the weather does what the weather does.

Since I am not into the repairing and remodeling up here in Ohio, or at least not interested in doing it myself, I have a contractor coming this afternoon to give me an estimate on redoing the upstairs bathroom and painting the bedroom up there. I would really like to have a "guest bedroom" that I can offer to family and friends. At the moment not so much..... I have also scheduled the Septic tank to be pumped.

This is what happens when I stay in Ohio. These things don't bother me when I am traveling. :)

Josef wants to know why he couldn't drink water this morning. The water bowl outside has some solid icy thing over the top????
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby carolb » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Gmorning Sue, Tina & all to follow:)

Winter arriving! Inside work is the thing now. I like your method Tina--let someone else do it. As much as I like my projects, I'm getting too old to even want to do anything. So was quite a deal for me to do my short fence. Don't know where I got the oomph to do it....& so nothing is going on here except a little house cleaning now & again.

Y'all have a great day & safe travels always 8-)
carolb

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Carolb, I, for one, certainly miss your winter adventures in the RT. I'm looking forward to you staying them again.

Bright, beautiful sunshine and temps in Arizona.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Oh, poor Josef, so frustrating!

Rain here on the Blue Ridge, but it looks like it's clearing away. About time -- three days inside the van with no internet/phone makes me antsy. That's why I'm hanging out at a very good coffee shop this morning! It's been gorgeous here, but the rain is knocking the leaves down, so it's almost time to go further south.

Drew is considering becoming a Hammock Dog. He doesn't quite want to crawl into the wobbly thing yet, but he likes to sit with his front feet up on the edge -- especially when he's telling me what to do!

Happy roads, everyone. :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:34 pm

We had a front come through with some rain over night and it's 60 today. I had to wear some jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

Harold had an appointment with the orthopedic doctor this morning and he got his arm unwrapped. I hope nothing happens and he hurts it again. Appointment times don't seem to mean much to the nursing home. We have been anywhere from an hour early to half an hour late. Most of the time they are leaving when they should be arriving. Being late for something really gets on my nerves but the doctor's offices seem to be use to them.

I don't have any projects but mine should be to get rid of some things. My son is back to fixing things since it cooled off. The barns are about to fall down so he is replacing some poles and running new water lines.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee