A November Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A November Monday

Postby Colliemom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:17 am

Good Morning. First full week of November starting. Cloudy and 33 here to start. At least no precipitation. I see Mom Nature went on a rampage through IL, IN and OH yesterday. Hope all our forum sisters are okay down there. Fortunately all we have to deal with here is winter moving in. That word “Snow” is pretty much in the forecasts now.

So todayI am going to go and blow what leaves are out there in the yard and call it quits for this year. Also want to clear our HOA pathway in case neighbor wants to snowblow it again this year. Makes it nice to have it open between the two roads it connects in the winter, for walking and not having to do the shoulder of the highway here.

Basement workshop insulation is done except for some taping, when I get more tape. Cleaned out some of the stuff in my one storage room and donated a mess of Christmas decorations to friend’s church for their gently used Christmas sale. Proceeds go toward helping those less fortunate in the church. I’m not into decorating inside anymore, so somebody else can enjoy them. Will be going through some things in basement, closets and dressers too. Salvation Army will be seeing me.

Off to get this day moving along. Have a nice day everyone and Alice, great news on the mammo redo.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: A November Monday

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 am

Good morning Sue and all.... not into snow anymore but I'll listen to what you have to say about it all winter LOL... spent the night at Camp driveway at friends here in Melbourne... now at McDonald's for sausage muffin oatmeal... hanging around till 9 when Jo-Ann Fabrics open.. check that out... what I'm actually waiting on is a 11:40 eye doctor appointment...then bank...post office....& new shoes...B safe ...donna & Pheebe...
grammynmaggie

Postby Othersharon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 am

Good morning! Looks like it’s setting up for another wet day here. But biggest surprise is that it’s 60 out my back door! Raked leaves on Saturday but looking at it now you’d never know it! I was so hoping the tree guy would get to the biggest limb hanging over my fence and garage before they all dropped their leaves so I wouldn’t have so much to rake! But I’m still on his list!

Alice, great news on your mamo. I too have been there so know how you must have felt. November seems to be my month for doctor appointments, saw my primary care doctor last week, labs, mamo and scheduled an mri on my back for next week. Still having some pain in the lower leg so I hope the mri will give us a clearer picture of what’s going on. Dentist tomorrow and sleep study Wed night. Getting older is so much fun. ;)

Need to get moving and head off to the hospital. My good friend is having knee replacement surgery and I told her I’d see here before she goes in. Have a great day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Postby dpf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 am

Morning! Notice there is no “good”….it’s snowing and 27*! Ewwwww. Not a lot on the agenda today. I have to shorten some curtains for a friend. I really have to learn to say NO. I do have to get organized because Pam will have her knee replacement on the 16th and I’ll be working at the bar more than one afternoon a week. Problem is Ashley called yesterday and said she wanted to have Thanksgiving at their house so that takes the pressure off me…and I need pressure to get things done! Things have been fairly uneventful around here. I had the grands on Halloween day because the daycare was closed due to family emergency. I was glad that my sister was here because Haddie is a bit spoiled and thinks that she has to be held! She only slept about 20 minutes all day. Ashley came after school and took Bronc trick or treating for a while. It was cold and windy so they didn’t stay out for long. The weather must have slowed down most of the kids because we only had about 40 kids this year. Now I have way too many leftover candy bars.

Well I’d better get busy. Oh…I did remember to say Rabbits on the first! Safe travels and good health to all of you and your families. Alice I was so happy to hear you had good news on your second mammo!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 am

Ugh, I was sick all week end. A head cold with the aches of the flu. Val fed me chicken soup. I am at least up on my feet today. Don’ know where that came from. I am amazed at how much I can sleep when sick. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 am

Good morning gals!

Still hanging out in bed for awhile. I am feeling better now. The ZiCam must have worked to keep this cold thing mostly at bay.

Need to get some things done around here today before heading to work later this afternoon. Also need to spend a couple hours studying for school. I am a little behind on that.

Closing is two weeks from tomorrow! :D Coming up fast! I plan to spend Thanksgiving at the house just looking around and seeing what all I want/need to do and put a plan together on what to start with and go from there. Painting the rooms will be one of the first things to do. She painted all the paneling at one point but only did one coat with cheap paint. I like the colors but want to do another coat with better paint. I want to replace most of the light switch plates. She is having the carpets cleaned before closing so that will be good to get the doggy smell out. I have already contacted the electric/gas company to switch those over to me. Need to find an internet/cable company now to get that hooked up. Then get estimates done on the electrical, plumbing and roof stuff that needs to be taken care of. The estimates done after the inspection looked pretty high so I want to check around.

Anyways, hope you all have a good day and week. Those in the north and east, hunker down and stay warm!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Well morning gone and I've not done anything constructive.
I did just update list of reservations for Hardee Lakes gt.... we are up to 13 now.
Enjoyed a beautiful fall weather weekend but now it is raining again and when it quits the cold will return.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 pm

My brother sent me a picture of their house in Canada. It looks like a Christmas card with all the snow. Told him I'm glad it's his house and not mine. I have seen pictures of his yard when the snow was 4' deep and they had to keep the drive shoveled so they could get to the road.

Lyn, sorry you are sick. I'm afraid I'm going to catch something again hanging around the nursing home.

I made a cake for the Cattlewomen dessert of the month thing this morning. It split, so darn, I guess we have to eat it. I have never had one of my bundt cakes do that. I was in a hurry and probably didn't let it cool long enough.

I don't do much decorating for Christmas. If I managed to drag out my ceramic tree I'm doing good. I usually put a few decorations in the camper for the December campout. If it's as cold this year as it was last year I don't know that I will go. It was very cold and raining the whole weekend. The building we get to use is very drafty and only has a fireplace. The room got too smoky last year and they quit making a fire so it was cold inside too.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee