First Saturday of November

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

First Saturday of November

Postby Colliemom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 am

Morning all. Up and had breakfast, but that’s it so far. Debating, see Beth you aren’t the only one debating :lol: , about going to Farmers Market for fresh eggs. Tad foggy this morning and we had a light snow early this a.m., but otherwise not bad. Market will wrap up for the season outdoors in two weeks, hold one special one, day before Thanksgiving, then move indoors for winter. If your wondering how they can do an outdoor market this time of year, we have a big pavilion built over a side street in town for things such as this and it has sides that can be rolled down for weather protection plus infrared heaters if necessary. When no events are going on, then it’s just a regular street with parking etc. The pavilion is high enough for trucks to pass under.

Want to finish up my insulation project in my basement workshop, so that will be done. Only one small staining project and a couple of heating baseboards to paint and that’s all for the house inside. Plan to get new window treatments, so they will be all done as well. Just put up temp ones when I moved in. Ordered some jigsaw puzzles from Amaon, so you can see what I will be doing this winter as well as finishing some woodcraft projects.

This is the last day of Daylight Saving time today. Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed tonight.
Have a nice day wherever you are.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: First Saturday of November

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:10 am

Good morning
Got my second scan done,,,,all is well and normal!!
So, spending s few days in Superior visiting my friend Bill.

Had my water heater looked at on the motorhome trying to figure
out why I don't have hot water when plugged in. Well, that was simple,
Its not electric hahaha, it only runs on propane and need to clean that
tube and adjust it so it will stay lit. That's on the agenda for service.

No more news here. Y'all have a great day and be safe.
Last edited by avalen on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:41 am

Good Morning Everyone!! Best news ever to read this morning, that all is well with you, Alice! So glad, now enjoy and have some fun with your friend. I knew you'd be ok.

No real news here, I'm at my sisters, we're just enjoying being together. I've called for repairs and as I knew it will be a wait this time of year, oh well plenty of things to do to fill the time. Called Directv again and as Donna warned me they probably didn't want box back and no they don't, just card. Thanks Donna!!

Must get moving, not sure what sis might be thinking of doing today but I need to get a couple things done before finding out too :D

Have a great day, everyone, enjoy that extra hour we get tonight!!
Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby asirimarco » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 am

Good morning to All = especially to you AVa - so glad things turned out good.
We are still in San Carlos Mexico, will be for the weekend. Then on to Mazatlan - a two day trip. For us anyway. Wish we were home in Vegas - where the weather is perfect. For here and Mazatlan the next two weeks will bring 90 degree weather with 805 humidity and no cooling at night. I dread that. So far it has been in mid 80s with breeze.
Been trying to do my blog daily. Meeting with friends who live here and going out to restaurants on the beach.
Wish you could send some of the cool weather down this way.
Stay safe and warm and dry.
asirimarco

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Hey Alice!!!!! Great good news!!!!! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Yay, Alice! Great news.

Have my laundry ready to do... Then there's a workamper potluck later today.

I need one of you talented people here to help me figure out how to take the curtains off in Cruiser. I guarantee they've never been off and I'm about to just break the entire system they're up with as they need to come down! Frustrating. And I understand why they've never been down lol I'll go back in this afternoon and see if I can figure them out again.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:30 pm

YAY Alice. I was thinking of you yesterday and almost called you but didnt want to put any pressure on if you didnt have results yet. Happy for the good news.

Not much going on here. Big news is the snowfall in the mountains ha ha none down here in the valley...whew It is dang cold out this morning 37 it has warmed up tho to 38 HA HA

I have some spring bulbs to plant but will leave those for tuesday or wednesday when we have a semi decent looking day.

Looks like a NetFlix kinda day
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi ladies ~~~

Great news Alice! Sounds like Sue is settling in for the winter (I don't miss that...yet). Beth good luck on the Cruiser curtains. I've got a loose valance, have the screw, but trying to figure out how the heck to put it back, there is no space behind the blind, and trying to figure out how to get the blind out without breaking it. Stupid male designers and engineers I say.

Got to my first national park yesterday ~ Joshua Tree, and bought my NP annual pass too. I did a blog on it, mostly pics if anyone is interested.
https://irishiroamiwrite2016.blogspot.com/p/2017_6.html

Have a good day ladies, where ever you are, stay warm if you're in the north and be careful on the roads where ever you are too.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby MandysMom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:17 pm

So glad to hear your reassuring news,Alice! Cool here this weekend and .17 in rain overnight. Not much, but it's a start. Mel says he hurt his left ribs again. Today is drain again but that is right side. One day at a time and pray the bone drug and chemo work. Have a good weekend everyone. Always good to read what everyone is doing.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby carolb » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Way late for morning, but wanted to jump in here & say HOORAY ALICE! And thanks to someone for reminded me to change clocks:)
carolb

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Great news on the scan.

This weekend is the Giant Omelet Festival in Abbeville. I wanted to go by and see the craft booths today but didn't want to walk from where I would have had to park. I was on my way to Lafayette and planned on stopping on my way back. It was after 5:00 when I got back and they close down at 5. Maybe I can make it over there tomorrow. The last couple of years the crowd wasn't very big but looked like a lot of people went today. They usually have a home tour but I didn't see anything about one this year.

CArol, I was going to tell you the other day that Direct probably didn't want the box back but forgot. We just went through that with them. My son called several times and they said they were sending a box but a box never came. We finally received an envelop.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:24 pm

really good news Ava always good to hear.
I'll take any heat you could send this way Carol ...do believe it's the coldest in here
that I have had this season....seeing breath type of cold which is ok if it's outside but I'm inside!!! :?
hope to leave on Tues but with temps like this I might see how Monday looks weather wise I actually think it wasn't good that is why the sunny no wind no precip looked good on Tues...
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Great news Ava! What a relief for you! Now go have some fun!

I got up early this morning and drove up to the mobile home park for their carport sale. Found a few nice things for my new house, just nic nacy things, and a cute dress that is brand new with the tags still on (originally $89!) for $5! Got to meet quite a few of my new neighbors and then stopped to talk with the current owner of my new place and met her daughter.

Went home and took a nap. Still not feeling real chipper. Just a little sore throat and tired and feeling just crummy. Will take advantage of the extra hour of sleep tonight!

Sue, I will be busy like you, once I get to move in! If you want to come down and help me, let me know! :lol: Lots of painting, decorating and landscaping to do! Will keep me busy for quite a while! Should be fun tho!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Oh Ava I am so happy your report came back ok!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Morning Coffee