First Thursday of November

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

First Thursday of November

Postby Othersharon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 am

Good morning! Getting kinda of late morning here but figured I’d jump in since I missed roll call. Was good to hear from everyone yesterday! Another dreary sort of day here in PA, temps are up in the 50’s but it’s so damp it isn’t fun to be outside. I went out thinking I would rake leaves but they are so soggy and heavy I gave up! It was like playing in the water!

Went to the gym the other day and got started on a program of exercises. Since the leaf project fizzled I need to head out later to the gym. Beth, how’s the new to you RV doing? Was nice to see Carolb post too! Seems like lots of you gals are either heading south or already there. Defiantly envy here! I think if we’d get a couple of days of sun I would feel lots better!

Well, not much else happening here. Hope you all have a good day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Re: First Thursday of November

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

Good Morning, I have been wanting a specific tire to replace the tires on my TT. Carlisle Radial tires. So, on to the internet. I found the tires on Amazon. They will send them to me, and I called CostCo, and, they will install them! These tires were recommended on the Lance Owners Site. I am very pleased. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 am

Hi everyone... I missed the morning but here I am ...it was busy this morning... Got all my chairs painted one key lime... 1 Coral... One Aqua got.. And one bright yellow... I probably told you but these will be for my kitchen chairs they're the plastic white ones you used to get at Walmart for outside on your patio... please forgive me if I repeat myself I'm an old lady... Lol... yesterday I made the window screens for my cab windows they fit over like a pillowcase easy peasy to make I only had enough screen for one so I got to go back to Home Depot and get another roll... well that's about it....B safe..donna
grammynmaggie

Postby beazle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:41 am

Good morning , or what little is left of it! I, too, missed roll call yesterday. I managed to catch a cold in Florida that turned into a sinus infection, so I’ve been laying low. Got antibiotics last night & hoping it helps, & yes, I’m taking probiotic as well. Other than that, I’m busy with Christmas sewing & daily living. My women’s group is preparing & serving a meal at a homeless shelter next week-86 men. A big piece of planning & shopping for 7 women, more than half of whom still work full-time.
I still follow along nearly every day & love to read about all of the travels, new rigs, new homes & new adventures by everyone. Be safe & healthy, and live it up!
Eileen
beazle

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Morning all... And it's only mid morning here still. For any of you who missed my post on another thread... Long story short... I love my Cruiser but after lots of thinking and soul searching... I'm going to keep Winnie and sell Cruiser. :shock: I know, lol, best made plans of mice and men. I knew Cruiser would need some tender loving care... Lots of cosmetic stuff... Which I was actually looking forward to... Making her mine. But, hey, a girl's allowed to change her mind. That said, I drove her into town yesterday and almost changed it again lol.... I'm going to do some cleaning and place an ad. I'm not going to go all out... Although I already replaced all the tires, including the spare and the house batteries... With better ones than I would have put in if I'd already decided to sell.

Ok, that long story short got fairly long again.

Beautiful day here in Arizona. Peaches and I have had a long walk. She's collected a treat already today from a neighbor.... Good thing they don't have candy out for people! And I've gotten two comments because it's my first day not wearing a dress lol Shorts and a t-shirt seem more apropos for some of the work planned.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Beth, a woman has the right to change her mind! I do it often! Hopefully, once it is all cleaned up, you can sell it for a small profit.

I didn't feel good yesterday, sore throat, headache, no energy. Skipped school last night and went to bed early. Am hitting the ZiCam and feeling better today already. I have the day off so am just laying low with Lola next to me. :D She isn't feeling too good either. She has been throwing up quite a bit lately. May have to bring her in to get checked over. Other than that, she seems OK, purring, playing, lots of energy, just a bad tummy. May try switching out her food and see if that helps.

Only had 2 haircuts yesterday in 6 hours! Sure hope it is a lot busier in the new shop I will be working at! Without my tips, I am only making half of my income. I can't live on that for very long.

The other day I drove up to Vista, dropped off some papers at the Escrow office, checked out the church I want to start going to up there, met with the manager of the mobile home park to sign some papers, found a storage unit to rent for a couple months, and got my homeowners insurance all taken care of. Was a productive day.

Saturday there is a carport sale at the new mobile home park so will go up there in the morning and see what there is there and meet some of my future neighbors. Also want to bring up a load of boxes to the storage unit while I am there. Less than 3 weeks now before I close! Coming up fast!

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:07 pm

I missed roll call so checking in. I don't feel like I have had many good days lately but today I found Blue Bell Peach Ice Cream at the grocery store. :D Doesn't take much to make me happy.

I had a slow leak in one of my tires on the CR-V so finally remembered to stop at the tire shop. I had a small nail. Good thing it was small because I have been driving on it for over a week. Got my inspection sticker before I get a ticket. Told the investment place to send my money that I have to take out before the end of the year. All of this was a record for me. I'm usually doing good if I remember to do one thing. I just remembered something I forgot. The key thing for my motorhome needs a new battery. Hope it's not some weird size.

Beth, I was wondering how you were going to like having less space. I would like to have more room but the smaller vans are so easy to drive and park. I had never seen a Cruiser but they look well made.

Donna, we need pictures of your chairs. lol Now that I'm thinking about them, I haven't seen the chairs for sale at Walmart in a long time. I need a new fishing chair. Maybe they are a seasonal thing. I have thought about making screens like that for the front doors.

We had a couple of days of jacket weather but it's back into the 80's. The weather is so weird for this time of year. We lucked out yesterday. Lafayette and up to 15 miles North of us had flooding rains. One of the main streets in Lafayette looked like a river in the pictures that were posted.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee