Wednesday Roll Call for November

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday Roll Call for November

Postby carolb » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 am

Gmorning all:)

Missed last month's roll call, AWOL again! Someone mentioned social media "burn out"--think that's where I am. But I've been reading every so often. So much going on for so many, not much for me....

Alice, thinking of you--is your appt today, tomorrow? Lyn, happy for you & Benji. Barbie, Donna, Beth--new homes:) Good thoughts for Mel...& as always, good thoughts for all my forum family, especially my Morning Coffee friends!

Have a great day & be safe wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday Roll Call for November

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 am

Good morning Carolb... and all... glad to see you post I miss your post.... still waiting for the closing date which should be on or before the 15th of November I'm going to Melbourne for an eye doctor appointment Sunday for Monday might go to the storage unit and get a few things... I can't get too much though I will overrun Nans patio... I got three of my chairs for my kitchen painted one more to go... well not too much else right now ...B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Its moving on day for me. Heading farther north, mid Fl., to my sisters. She needs some company, holidays closing in and getting near a year that her hubby passed. Bad time. So, I'm taking me and my ugly head up and get my hair fixed can't do anything with the rest of the head :roll: sure needs help but oh well !, :D

Hopefully we'll go spend some time out in CG where she has her camper. I sure need a place to do some walking, Mr P says YES on that idea. I'll also call and see about appointments for repairs. I'll probably have to come back down to sign papers on sale of NC place. If I wasn't so antsy and hair such a mess, it would be best to just wait it out. I don't wait well anymore.

2 months left of this year!! Wow !! Where did it go ?? My Mom always said "the older you get the faster times goes". This when I was young and wishing for a certain time to hurry up and get there. I NEVER wish such anymore because the wait isn't that long these days, I still get impatient at times, but NO WISHING :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day, hey we get an extra hour sleep in a few days !!
Enjoy and please Stay Safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 am

Good Morning! I think everyone is keeping up with my doings. Carolb, good to see your post. CArol, I gave up on my hair and just keep it short now! Donna, you are one talented woman! I remember all the work you did before you sold the home in PA.
It is nice and cool in SD now.
Have a good day all. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

Nothing much to say today. Just checking in.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:15 am

Just checking in. My body is not adjusting well to the temperatures here in Ohio. Love my new to me everyday transportation, a used Town and Country mini van. I am practicing how many dog crates can fit inside and still hold room for what ever else I need to load up! And the heater works wonderfully. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 am

Good morning. Just finishing up the outdoor chores before the rains start. Have a few bushes to spiff up and waiting for some bulbs I ordered to arrive so I can get them in the ground for spring color.
No plans to go anywhere in the Motorhome this winter. Might take a few road trips in the car tho just to get out of town.
Might start painting my bathroom soon. Will make a nice winter project I think.

Need to make a Home Depot run today to get a couple of things I cant find at some of the usual stores. It is only a couple miles from me so easy peasy.

Hope everyone has a great November whatever you have planned. Looking forward to seeing pics of Donna's new home once she gets moved in and settled. Also Barbie's house as she makes it her own.

Off to walk the dog before I start my daily chores.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 am

Happy November! After a challenging October, I greeted the new month like it was a new year!

I'm currently in Fulton (near Tupelo), Mississippi at a COE. Weather looking good for the most part - a little rain here and there. Certainly enjoying cooler temps! Taking things day by day right now and first Florida reservation is November 28 near Orlando. Florida wasn't on my radar until last month, but have reservations through mid-Feb (will be at Hardee Lakes the two weeks before the GTG).

So many of our sistahs with health issues in their lives - either them or their hubbies. Keeping all in thoughts and prayers. Enjoyed reading of Lyn and Cheryl's adventures. Lots of visits and Liz's new place, 'squatter' at Beth's :lol: , and Donna waiting. Karen, I still can't get over all the cold weather you took to Q last January. :lol: Sandi, hope you are getting your rig issues handled - I went through mechanical problems last month.

Always fun to read on the first when those who don't post often check in! Have a great month everyone!
Anita
chalet05

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 am

Mornin' ladies ~~~

On my own now. No more following Lyn on the journey to CA, but appreciate the hints and conversation. Laura (azusateach) was also very helpful in finding the country park, and hints on additional websites to check for campgrounds. I'm sitting in one right now for 2 weeks, just outside of Riverside, CA. Time to get my bearings on where I may want to go and how often I may want to move, get some chores done, find a post office and get some things from Amazon delivered and need to check out what type of things to see around this spot.

JudyJB, I had a horrible ant problem too at Sweetwater. My move to the full hookup sites with cement for the last night helped my problem some, especially after I found they were all congregating in the microwave, which has barely been used and just stores plastic utensils.

Have a good day ladies, and stay safe where ever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby MandysMom » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Rabbits,rabbits-there I actually remembered to say it! Cooling weather here in northern California. Had a record number of little ones last night. Had been averaging 9 for past few years but counted 30 last night. Almost ran out of goodies. What surprised me was how I nay saw a couple of teens, the rest were I'd say 10 or under.
Have a good week everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I remembered rabbits !!!
Dr appt today, then another mammogram on Fri morning.
Also started with my boniva today and I am currently in that hour of no food. Why is it when you can't
eat is when you get hungry Can't take it when I get up cause I have to have my coffee and you wait an hour before and hour after,, so, mid morning works for me, hour before lunch. :-)
Can't seem to find my two checkbooks. I knew where they were in the motorhome but since I brought all my stuff in,,,don't know where stuff got re-arranged . So I pulled out a new booklet just to get the rent check written. I'm sure its here somewhere just staring at me.
Cleaned and defrosted the fridge utilizing the motorhome fridge during that process. Got it all put back this morning after it chilled overnight.
About time to go get gas and head across town for my appt. Y'all have a good day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Cheryl, I AM in the part with the cement pads and that is where I was invaded!!!! At least mine were only on the floor. I can't imagine how horrible it must have been to have them in your microwave!! :o

I really did some spraying with ant poison and sprinkled a lot of borax around, so that has helped, but I wish they had warned me in the confirmation letter so I could have brought enough ant stuff. I had a box of borax that i had been carrying around for four years and had seldom needed, plus had some Terro, but not enough.

Headed out to see the USS Midway in a few minutes. Also want to find a specific wax remover so I can redo my flooring. No one seems to have it, so I went online and maybe Walmart's does. Will call first.

Glad to hear from everyone. Good travels, all.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Good evening. Just checking in. I did remember Rabbits so maybe this month will be better than the last one. HA
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 pm

today was going to be a move on down the road day....but then the winds came up even overturned a wheel barrow..looked across the valley saw dust blowing decided not today...now no wind but it is snowing...guess we will see tomorrow....need to check the weather channel and see what it says....was so looking forward to being warm...or at least warmer...
got the truck fixed at least no evidence of a leak would have left weeks ago at least to Utah if not for that leak poor Shadow is so cold I should have a sweater for him...but didn't do it...one day I will...then it will be too hot...so enough whining
looking forward to the warmth of the desert and to seeing those I have meet and those I haven't...
you all have a great month
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee