All Hallows Eve - At the Break of Dawn

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

All Hallows Eve - At the Break of Dawn

Postby Colliemom » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:36 am

Good Morning from the 45th.

Need say more. Happy Halloween, everybody :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: All Hallows Eve - At the Break of Dawn

Postby asirimarco » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 am

Good Morning to All from Santa Ana, Mexico. Yep we have begun our annual trip south. Only 100 miles into Mexico at a little town called Santa Ana. We've never stopped here before and I'm going to try to talk Bll into staying here for at least a day to explore the town. It is the time of the Day of the Dead celebrations and I understand this town really goes all out.
For the first time in years we were stopped at the new Mexican customs check point. Had to show our passports and vehicle registrations then the lady came inside and opened all the cupboards. Very polite about it. But then they checked the Jeep where Bills drones were. Oh oh caused quite a flap.
Wrote about it in the blog
http://travelinginrvandlivinginlasvegas.blogspot.mx/
any way we and them are here. Got cool during the night. I have on long sleeves and pants this morning. But should be nice during the day.
All on road take care. And those of you in the North - stay warm.
asirimarco

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 am

That snow is pretty but sure glad it is yours and not mine. Actually looks like the trick or treaters will have good weather for their outing this evening. I'm happy that we've warmed back to near average temps for this time of year.
Watch out for ghosts and goblins!
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Othersharon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:14 am

Happy Halloween! Oh, Sue, Ikm so not ready for the white stuff! But we have had it all around us...in the higher elevations! These winds the last few days have been bad enough to deal with. I just noticed they are picking up again so guess we’ll have another day of wind, rain and cooler temps. The trees still have leaves on them so snow wouldn’t be a good thing.

Beth, you get to see your new rig today, right? Exciting! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Carol, glad to see you and Bill made it to Mexico. Let the fun begin! And Barbie, sounds like you and Judy had a nice visit.

I’m heading to the gym today to meet with a trainer to get some help setting up a program for me. I hope to be able to get there at least a couple of times a week. I think I’ll do like my friend and keep a bag in the car so when I get over that way I don’t have an excuse not to go! There’s a club in Altoona too so if I’m over that way I can go there. No excuses not to go!

Well, past time to get my day going. I’m in my normal morning slug mode! Pups have been out and are napping again. Ah, a dog’s life! Hope you all have a good day.
Othersharon

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:43 am

The Cruiser got here just before dark yesterday. I've got a lot of work cut out... Starting with a total cleaning. I knew she hadn't been taken care of the best, so it's up to me to baby her now. That said, first I have to figure systems out. I have up last night on simply finding her switch for the water pump LOL. After I figure that out so I can use onboard water for cleaning.... I'll be cleaning away.

My neighbor here is coming by this morning to see about helping with the new faucet in Winnie. Fingers crossed we get that taken care of easily. He thinks he'll be fine without a special wrench... Hand strength :)

Happy Halloween everyone. Love your picture Sue and would have liked one day in the snow, but I'll take your pictures instead, happily.

Sharon, I hope you use the club. I joined one once... Was gung ho for a couple months, then never went back. I promised myself I wouldn't do that, but I didn't keep the promise. I hope you do!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 am

Beautiful picture Sue. Glad Barbie and Judy got to spend time at SeaPort village before they tear it all down and build some monstrous “tourist” attractions which will be ugly, whatever they are, in my opinion!
Benji and I are getting into our routines of walking together. He does walk fast!
Working on getting the trailer cleaned....takes several days...as I am slow, not that it is real dirty!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby MandysMom » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:35 pm

Today is day 1 of round 2 of chemo for Mel. I'm happy to report that he has felt pretty good during the later part of this two week break. He says if his left hip and knee was not hurting he would be feeling really good. Sadly his beautiful long white hair is falling out more each day! Just hoping this is all worth it and the cancer is being killed off. He will have X-rays of hip and knee before walking next door for chemo this afternoon. Our chili is ready to rewarm and candy ready for tray.
Our local weather has been polite enough to hold off rain until Friday so with near 70 today and clear skies, the little monsters and princesses and pirates will have a good night for trick or treating.
Sadly we learned yesterday that another victim of the Napa/Sonoma fires died Sunday. A teenage girl whose brother was killed by the fire and both parents remain in a burn unit. I can't imagine their pain having lost both children.that makes 43 dead and some still missing.
Wishing all a good day.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:53 pm

I am taking today off from sightseeing and ant control--sort of a vacation. I am worn out from fighting ants over the last couple of days. This is the worst I have seen them in over five years of full-timing in mountains, deserts, swamps, hot places, and a ton of other environments. I really like this campsite and had no problems last time I was here, but I noticed a few ants on Sunday, so I sprinkled some borax around and put some dots of the Terro liquid inside in critical paths. Monday morning my RV was swarming with thousands of them. There was an army marching up my electric hose. I did more sprinkling and used some Raid I had on hand. Figured I had solved the problem.

Then went out for about five hours with Barbie. Got back and found they were still there in the thousands. Hopped in rental car and stopped at the registration booth to tell them about the ants. Yes, they knew about them. Not much they could do, whole hill is a gigantic ant hill, so what can I expect, etc. All the sites are infested, and I should have made a barrier around my rig with ant killer. (Like they could have informed me when I made my reservation.)

Then went out to Lowes and got a supply of two other types of ant killers that had real poison in them, not just borax. By the way, I have been carrying the same box of borax with me for four years, but have used it up in the last two days, so you know how bad this was. Anyway, moved to another site that is more open so I can better see where the ants are coming from. Dumped my tanks at old site and did not hook up sewer here. I also suspended my electric and water hoses so they are not touching ground and dumped rest of borax around water and electric posts. Also sprayed killers around all tires and around entire RV. Whew!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Gorgeous picture Sue. Glad it's your yard and not mine. LOL Happy Halloween all

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Return to Morning Coffee