Last Monday, 30 Oct

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Monday, 30 Oct

Postby Birdie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 am

Well it may be the last Monday of the month, but it is the first absolutely cold day of this season. Awakened to 39*! Now if I were in Texas, I would be headed a lot souther by 9 a.m. today! I ask you is this silly weather or what? I see the color of snow in several spots a bit further north! Got my winter clothing out of storage (underneath in the storage bay). Put my shirts and T shirts and sandals in storage, put the plexiglass back on the bottom of the window. Hey, it isn’t all bad as warmer temps are 3 days down the road. I admire you northern die hards having the stick to it ability!

Maybe this will be my pancake day. I know it is a Walmart day. Go keep warm and have fun! Or just keep warm! :lol:
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Last Monday, 30 Oct

Postby Colliemom » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 am

Morning Birdie and all. That is cold where you are.i’m way farther north and it’s 35 here. And yes the radars are showing some snow, not right here, but around the area. Mostly a mix or just light stuff, but we do have possibility of 1-3 inches tonight. Had our first really hard freeze yesterday. I like the cold. Was thinking about that on our walk yesterday. Easier to layer up and take off a layer if I get too warm. Can only go so far with that in hot weather :lol:

I too am heading to Walmart and a couple other places. Did a few chores I wanted to get done outside yesterday while the weather was dry. Going to be starting inside stuff pretty soon. Not sure if it’s going to be woodcrafts, scrapbook, jigsaw puzzles, staining a door frame, painting a couple heating baseboards, finishing the insulation project in basement...... got all kinds of amusements for this winter :lol:

Have a great day, keep warm, dry, whatever. :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 am

Good morning
Cold here again this morning but we have warmer weather forecast this week before another front with rain comes in on Fri.
Two doctor appointments this week and a number of chores in need of attention.
Hard to believe another month is almost gone.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 am

Good morning all... It's cold here 39 this morning in Northern Florida... I have to go buy a few winter tops and one more pair of pants I don't have any winter clothes I did not need them in Melbourne after about the third or fourth year I got rid of them all... I'm going to go over to Walmart and get stuff to make chili.... I got my paint to paint my chairs for my new kitchen but now it's too cold and windy to do it... I will be able to go out and Clorox clean them this afternoon and they will be ready for when the weather is ready....B safe....donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Not sure of temp here but think they said be low 40's.. It was VERY chilly and I'm farther south then any of you. Mr P was very happy to have his sweater on. When he got out from his little blankie cave he makes he felt sooo warm. It was cold in RV, didn't bother to put heater on, we just came into DDs house.

Everyone is gone, house feels lonesome after the week end :( I have many things to do today, order more meds and call tv place to see what they want done, as I hope to have all done here so I can go northerly, by Wed morning.

Not much news just a lot of work, but wanted to chime in with my cold weather thoughts. :D Hope everyone enjoys a nice day, wherever you are. I missed snow flurries up in NC yesterday, I used to love those days and first snow always soooo pretty. If you're going to be cold, need the beauty that can come with it, Right ?????

Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:51 am

Yes, it is cold here. This weekend has been making me doubt my decision to stay north this year. I have been layered up since Saturday. Only good point is that I wasn't getting over heated in the rings this weekend. I think Josef decided to work on his points for next year and picked up a 3rd place in the Owner Handler Sporting Group. Since many of the Owner Handlers are local to Ohio and the area we generally know and are often friends with our competition. It makes it nice to hug and cheer all the winners even if they are sometimes standing in front of you in the line up. On any given day you know that it will be you farther in front and they will be the ones behind cheering.

I was too tired and cold last night to unload the rig and the car. It will still be cold but I definitely have more energy and it will be easier to take care of before the rain moves back in....

Oh, and Lark wants to know what those big white flaky things were that were falling from the sky on Saturday....."Someday soon, little grasshopper, someday soon...." Remi told her.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 am

Lark should be fun in her first snow, my Maggie loved it she played in it like a pup. Fond memories !!

Donna, I sent you a PM, hope you see it.

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Good Morning from a somewhat overcast day in Arizona. My Cruiser crossed the border into Arizona a little bit ago. It's possible I could see her this afternoon, but since I then have to return the people to Tucson, I recommended they come tomorrow morning. We shall see.

As to my faucet... After several youtube viewings one finally told me I needed a specific wrench... I decided to suck it up and ask my neighbor for help. Ha, he wasn't home. I'm sure he'll come to check out the Cruiser, so will wait and ask then. Or try again without the specific wrench.... But I just don't have the strength.

Peaches would love the snow!

There's so much else I could be doing....
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:44 pm

I went to the lake on Thursday with my sister and the Louisiana camping club. The weather was beautiful except for about an hour of rain as the front came through. It was cold behind the front. Glad I brought some long pants. Friday night we had a chili cook off and Saturday we roasted hot dogs and had chili dogs with the left over chili. We had about 12 rigs and 16 women. We trick or treated just our rigs and I gave my sister all the candy for her grandkids. I wasn't bringing it home with me. There was a contest for the best decorated witches hat. Every night we had a campfire and Saturday night we needed it. This is the second Halloween campout we have had and I think it will continue.

My motorhome needs to go to the shop. The main breaker kept tripping. And several times I have had all the 12 volt things go off and all of a sudden they come back on. I don't know if the problems are related. There must be a short somewhere. Sunday morning when I was ready to leave my engine wouldn't start. The battery was dead. I have a charger but I couldn't even get it started with that. The camp host came and jump started it. All of that is my fault for letting it sit so long and not starting it regularly. I stopped at Auto Zone in the first town and got a new battery. I was too lazy to clean out all that needs to be unloaded but need to get it to the shop before it decides to freeze here because it is not winterized. It's suppose to warm back up into the 70's this week.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 am

I met up with JudyJB this morning at Seaport Village in San Diego. We spent a few hours walking around the shops and talking and then had lunch. Had a very nice time!

It was cool (low 60's) and cloudy today but I can't complain considering how cold the rest of you are right now! And considering it was 107* a week ago here! Sounds like there were some bad storms out east. Soos was without power today.

Tomorrow I will head back up to Vista to drop off some papers for Escrow and then rent a storage unit up there. I close on the house in 3 weeks! :D

There is a "neighborhood carport sale" next Saturday at the mobile home park where I am moving to and I just happen to have the day off so I might just run up there and look around and meet some of my soon-to-be new neighbors!

Hope you all had a good day and stayed warm!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee