Last Sunday of October

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Sunday of October

Postby Colliemom » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:15 am

Good Morning. November fast approaching. Holidays, before we know it, and then another year begins. Seems to go faster the older one gets.

See things are a bit windy and wet up the east coast. Hope everybody’s all snuggled down till that tropical storm moves out eventually.

Wow Barbie, you are certainly lucking out with the house. That was very generous of her to give you that much allowance for repairs. Sounds like you will love it there. O’Sharon, no we haven’t had any snow here. Although yesterday we had a shower while I was walking the dogs and the rain felt a bit like ice pellets. But might see some this week, nothing big, maybe a grass dusting if that. Lyn, glad you made it home.

Off to mass this morning, couple errands and then home. Cuple things to do outside today as supposed to be partly cloudy this afternoon. Rest of week is a toss up weather wise. Already thinking winter things to do inside. Scrapbooking of this summers RV trips, jigsaw puzzles, maybe even some woodcrafts. Fun stuff.

Off to the shower here. Have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Last Sunday of October

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:26 am

Good morning
Cold here again today but will warm up a little as the week goes by.
Dealing with my own and other family members health issues lately. Could use some positive vibes for all of us. Cousin's husband has been diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer and Parkinsons. Younger niece in early stages of renal failure - fear cancer has returned but waiting for doctor appointment and more lab work to know for sure what is going on with her.
Wishing all a good day
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:08 am

Good Morning, O'Sharon, been meaning to tell you how pleased I am that your back is feeling better...back pain is no fun.
Sarah, you have my good vibes surrounding your relatives with the health issues. Your post was not good news. Hoping for the best for all, and, especially you!
It is good to be home. Giving hugs to all the employees who are as happy to see me as I am to see them. Our employees are the greatest here at The Mark.
Benji walks so fast I am hoping to lose some weight as I am now responsible for walking him!!! It was nice and cool out at our first walk of the day.
Last nights Monster Bash drew many, many people, and the music was LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. I went to bed at my early time tho, so it didn't bother me.
lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:18 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully niece will be ok and cousin, that ole"C" doesn't care who or how many. Your family concerns certainly aren't helping you at all!!!! I think a change of scenery, if you just jumped in Magic and took off for a couple of days, with Nicki. Been my remedy for years living alone and so far from family or friends, it most always worked too. Never know till you try it.

Really windy here today but don't think temps to low, tonight going down, but under the covers I don't care :D Makes for a lazy kind of day here. Sunday's have always been a slow, restful day. Won't be pushing myself today.

Planning to head up to my sisters first part of week, get my hair fixed up there and then I can deal with the rest :roll: that's almost halfway to Ocala area. Then I can look for a place to park my stuff and me.

Hoping you all have a really nice day, depends on the weather as to your activities wherever you are, just enjoy !!
Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:58 am

Getting ready to take Peaches for a long walk before the day heats up. She's staying at me with those "eyes". And the occasional "paw".

Nothing major planned today. I made one of my everything in the pot pressure cooker meals yesterday... Used quinoa... It cooked fine, but remembered why I quit using it... I just don't really care for quinoa very much. Luckily the other ingredients and flavors are good because I'm not throwing it away.

Sarah, thoughts to you all.

The eyes have got me, off we go.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Another 80 degree sunny day in Sacramento region. They say 60's and rainy by Friday so will enjoy while we can. Mel had a fairly good day yesterday, even helped carry groceries in. Tuesday round 2 of chemo starts, so trying to enjoy this break. He fell last week, turning too quick so now his hip hurts. I keep telling him to not do that! We are making 3 meat Keto ( low carb) Chili today enough to last through Halloween. It's our family tradition. Leaves are starting to come down, so glad I have a gardener to do blowing and stuffing in green can! Mel had a chest tube put in last Monday so we can drain at home and that is going well considering I was a OB nurse not a pulmonary nurse! I'm steadily if slowly losing weight and enjoying shopping at the back of my overstuffed closet, finding " new" clothes to wear I had forgotten about! LOL a big sigh when I realized my really nice Halloween shirts are way too big already, but that means next fall I get to shop for new in smaller size! I have about 8 shirts that will need replacing.
All else ok here. Sending prayers for those who need it and safe travel wishes for those on the road. Enjoy the last remnants of fall.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee