It’s Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Saturday

Postby Othersharon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:14 am

Morning all! Another start of of beautiful day but looks like rain supposed to move in early this afternoon. I didn’t get the lawn mowed yesterday since the grass was really wet. Did we have a frost and I slept through it!? So decided to scrap the yard work and went and played with a friend of mine. She is having a knee replacement in a little over a week and is getting a bit nervous so it was good to get her mind off of it. While we were out I finally made it to the gym and joined it. I want to continue with the program I was doing in physical therapy and part of it was machine work. I sure don’t want to go backwards! I still have much to do to strengthen my body and not have the pain I’ve had the last several months. Plus I’m finding out that I actually enjoy the workout! Go figure! Anyway, once she recovers from surgery we’ll be able to meet up and work out together! So a win win!

Glad to see you made it home, Lyn. Always good to go but nice to be home too! CArol, hope your box came yesterday so you can get on with your plans! Did you get any snow, Sue? They are talking we might get some flurries in the next few days. I need to move a couple of things out of the way and move the snowblower so I can easily get to it. Had it out once but it kept gettting moved back in the corner and other things in front of it! Don’t think I’ll need it for awhile but might as well do it while it’s warmer! Jim did get Lola winterized yesterday so won’t be worrying about that! And guess it’s time to shut off the water to the outside faucets! Today is the Halloween parade and festival so I think I’ll walk downtown and see what’s going on. Always fun to see the little ones in their costumes! So better get moving here. Have a great day and week end.
Othersharon

Re: It’s Saturday

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 am

Good morning
I've been up for awhile, loaded up with coffee and started out in the shed for a little bit. Brought in a few of the very special tools my dad sent home with me. Did some research, they are quite valuable but not for ordinary use. These are measuring instruments for engine bore and piston stuff. In their original cases so they don't get damaged. Thought it best they be stored inside until I decide where to sell them. Not something I would use but dad knew I knew the value and not something to go to goodwill.
Got laundry done yesterday except for towels and bedding. Might do that today, need to do both beds and then start getting the mh prepped for a couple day journey to go check out an rv park in quartzsite.
There are a few preseason rockhound things going on there and I it would be great to get out after my appts are done next week.
The weather has been beautiful lately, I have no complaints!
Nothing else is new in my neighborhood. Y'all have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Went to work and discovered I'm not working today... They aren't starting opening the rv park mail room on Saturdays until at least next week... So I have 9 days off. My Cruiser should be here, I'm guessing tomorrow or Mon and I'll be able to work on it. I ordered a new faucet for Winnie, so should probably see if I can put it in... This is not my forte, but I hate asking for help, so going to at least look at it. I have a neighbor that keeps telling me to let him know if I need anything.... Should suck it up and see if he's willing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Drinking coffee in McDonald's so I can use their wifi. :D We had a grand time meeting up with Tina and playing with the dogs this week. Then we spent a couple days in the woods because the weather was too good to waste. Today it's cold and damp, so we're driving further south. Drew is a good traveler! :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby monik7 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:18 pm

I put a new faucet in my rig a couple years ago Beth. Piece of cake although quite a cramped space to work in. A lot of satisfaction in knowing I could do it.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Morning has come and gone. Hello Everyone !!! Hope you all are having a good day. Wifi had quit working here and it took me more time then it should have to realize it. Tells you how stagnant my brain process is getting in this wait mode !! :roll: I'm moving on next week, calling DirectV and whatever they say , they're either getting it back or they're hunting me down to get it, I have things to get done !!

Today it's just my grands and I here, they're occupied with movies they've seen dozens of times , you know how kids are, they never seem to get sick of seeing anything. I've done a few chores and reading on a book, looks like rain outside. Mr. P and I, decided that a short time ago, he's into another nap, right next to me. Warm little body, been a chill in the air today, if I set too long.

Just finished my 2nd cup of coffee, kind of late in the day but got sleepy reading, can't have that so laid the book down and got that cup and half way into it, hit me I have service just had to turn wifi off of IPad. :D I was feeling kind of left out :lol: Terrible when there are days this is your only company. :(

Nice surprise Beth having an unexpected day off work. Knowing you, somewhere before your time is up there you will more then have made up for it, so hope you enjoy the time off today. Alice I love reading how much you accomplish at times and I pick up on the ambition and motivation which sure helps get things done around me, especially when I want to be doing otherwise :D Sharon wish I could do the festivities in your little town, they're always fun. I'm sure there are some around here somewhere just not familiar enough with the area. Know you'll have a good time. Think its going to be a wet time here.

Well, have some papers I need to shred, mail piled up here and most of it goes to shredder. Will see if noise will get to the kids at other end of house.

Wherever and whatever you all are doing, above all, please stay safe !!
CArol
Louise, where are you headed on your way south ?? Any possibility you'll come as far as Fl ? I'm way south but would love to see you and will be north of Ocala soon.
Carolinagal

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Yesterday afternoon I had a visit with the lady who owns the house I am buying. I just asked lots of questions about the house, the yard, the neighbors, etc. She is very nice! Found out there is a lot of wildlife around there. She said she sees rabbits, squirrels, lizards, coyotes, fox, raccoons, ducks, and lots of butterflies and hummingbirds! I will love that! She has two grape vines and an apricot tree. Not sure if I like apricots. :? The community is very friendly. They have yoga classes twice a week, several potlucks and other parties thruout the year. They have a one-pet rule but she has a cat and a dog and says that lots of people there have several animals and no one has a problem with that.

Today I found out that she is giving me a credit of over $6K for repairs that need to be done on the house including the roof. I was so surprised it was that much! That will cover almost 100% of the cost of everything. I was expecting maybe half that amount. So now we move on to the closing which will be November 21st. She wants one more day after closing to get moved out, which means I get to move in on Thanksgiving Day! I will be so very thankful (even without a turkey dinner!).

Ava, I have an antique printer I found in my dad's attic and am also wondering where I can sell it. I think it is worth quite a bit of money but have no idea where to go (in person or on-line) to sell it. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

My roommate invited me to a Halloween party tonight but I can't find my costume, so I decided not to go. I have dragged my costume around with me for many years just in case I ever get invited to a party. So now that I have been, I can't find the costume! :roll: I know it is in a box somewhere. I just found out last night about the party so didn't really have time to look too hard for it since I got home from work late last night and was at school all day today. Oh well, maybe next year!

Temps here are getting back to normal. It is cold and snowy up in MN now. So glad to be here!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee