Goodbye Wednesday, Hello Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Goodbye Wednesday, Hello Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 am

Morning. I was watching yesterday to see if we were going to skip a day, but Beth finally chimed in :) I’ve been noticing that even my FB page is quiet it seems. Starting to think the people are weaning away from social media to a point. And guess we are busy with other stuff or have nothing to say. This time of year, except for those on the road or in the south, it’s pretty quiet on the RV scene.

It’s a chilly morning here, mid 20’s. Frost is forming out there. On edges of roofs anyway. First day with no rain or showers since Sunday and going to be the only one. Winter is slowly marching this way over next couple of weeks they say, might see a little white this weekend possibly. So will finish up the remaining yard chores, put fall decorations away and let come what may. I’m ready. Lawn tractor winterized and stored, snowblowers ready, anything that can freeze in garage in the basement etc. time to think about few little inside projects, jigsaw puzzles, scrapbooking etc. And cozy warm meals.

So guess I will get in motion here. Dogs have been out romping and are now sleeping, breakfast, such as it was, is in tummy. Need to Go get gas for blower. Have a nice day everyone :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Goodbye Wednesday, Hello Thursday

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

Good Morning Thursday. The AKC put up the final Owner Handler Statistics up for the competition period that ended October 13. Josef held on to his #4 position in the National Top Ten for English Cocker Spaniels. He didn't even ask if that number would have been different if I hadn't played around in New England for two months but if he had I would have reminded him who bought his kibble and that the real excitement is to get the invitation to the big National Dog Show in Orlando in December. He will get his chance. The #1 and #2 dogs have done quite well but Josef has not shown against any of the Top Ten as they are from other parts of the country and don't seem to show in the mid-west. We will find out for sure. I have a friend with a Bearded Collie that said not to expect all ten to show up. When she went last year there were only 6 in her breed that came to show.

I am sitting here in the office in layers and my fingers are still turning white. The frost is on everything here in Ohio and the heater is plugged in out in the rig. It has not been winterized and probably won't be for another month. I'll just keep it plugged in with the heat. There are still some dog shows to go. I don't hit the Red Roofs until December usually. There is always a snow storm or two in Cleveland in December.

I now have a used Chrysler Town and Country van parked in the driveway. A large Lark sized dog crate fits well along with multiple other dog crates and it will save putting extra miles on Little Honda who I hope to have for another 100,000 miles of towing down the road and sight seeing adventures miles. :-) The van did very well on its inaugural ride up to Columbus to meet Louise and her Drew at the Cabela's parking lot. All the dogs fit and the ride was very comfortable for a hooman, too! I will also say that though there aren't any hook ups, the RV and Truck lot appeared flat and much quieter that a Walmarts or Pilots. And because it isn't a Walmart lot I would probably feel more comfortable walking dogs around the almost deserted lot. PS: They also had a dump station and water fill.

Josef from this September in Lexington.

Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am

Good Morning.
Such exciting news Tina. So happy for both of.....bet you nail it in Orlando. Will you be staying in FL for a few months or just going for the show?
Finally hired someone to pressure wash main driveway and path ain back yard. Maybe that will cut down on some of what gets tracked into house.
Chilly start to the day but will make it to the 70s this afternoon. Last warm day of the season so it seems from forecast.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:13 am

Good morning
Been trying to stay off FB, its all so toxic and makes me sad. I do scan a little here n there.
Spent the last couple days in Superior, it was good to get the motorhome out and about.
My friend Bill dropped his hunting van off for service and he needed a ride home and then a ride back to pick up the next day, he filled the tank!! Stopped at camping world as I drove by, I needed to replace my little string of lights around my window in the fifthwheel as the old finally burnt out. It was about 15 years old but the little amber light was so soothing to the eyes for watching tv in the evening and early morning coffee. I found a nice little indoor/outdoor set on clearance for $7.
I continue to sort through stuff, the shed is about done. That sounds odd to say cause seems like that kind of stuff is never done, but this time, its absolutely true! Have also been sorting through yarn, back into crocheting a little here n there. Anybody coming into Quartzsite this year needs yarn, give me a hollar. I have lots of the cotton kind for making the dish rags. I will never use it.
That's about it from my side of the world, weather is nice, although its up in the 90's for about an hour towards the bottom of the day but sleeping weather is wonderful! Down in the 50's at night.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:13 am

Good morning gals!

Finally out of the triple digits now! 91* for today. 70's by early next week.

Things are so slow at work. Not sure if it is the time of year or because of loss of customers from that stylist that was fired for so many bad haircuts. I only had 4 customers in 6 hours yesterday. I get good tips but with so few customers each day, it doesn't add up much. So hoping the other shop in Vista is much busier! If not, there are 4 other shops in that area I can check out.

Off today and need to start organizing my stuff and repacking it for moving. I am so done with moving! This will be the 5th move in 13 months! Yikes! At least this will be the last move for a long time now.

Whether you are heading south or hunkering down, I hope you all have a great day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Sitting in the shade in the pool area for my lunch break. I was poolside with my feet dangling and will do that again shortly. I'm so looking forward to 80's, Barbie. It's 87 now and will be mid-90s when j very off work. Was glorious walking Peaches this morning... That's the beauty of the desert... Nights cool off wonderfully.

Tina, you've got to be excited for Josef. I'm sure he's just taking it all in stride.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Such a great picture of Josef Tina. He sure is a beautiful dog. I’m sure you’ll both do well in Orlando. If not, he’s still the best dog, right?
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm

I always go home with the best dog...every Time!
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:18 am

BirdbyBird wrote:I always go home with the best dog...every Time!

Best answer ever!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 am

Josef is really lovely!

In the long-ago days that I was owner-handling my Staffordshire Bull Terriers, I always felt that a day at the show was always better than a day at home of laundry, vacuuming, cooking, cleaning, bookeeping, whatever. I often stayed on for Group judging at the shows, just for this very reason. I was also in a "difficult" marriage during this time, so it was always good to get away and out of the house.

So I was always happy just to be there, looking at all of the beautiful dogs (of whatever breed!), the people walking by, browsing the vendor stalls, and chatting with my doggie friends (both human and 4-legged). Win, lose or draw.

I sure do miss those days.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Anne, lucky for me English Cockers seem to be owned by some wonderful people. So I can go to a show by myself but find old and new friends to visit with. I especially enjoy meeting folks with other breeds that set up next to us and you get to meet new folks and learn to appreciate different breeds. Then we get to cheer for each other in Owner Handler!
BirdbyBird

Return to Morning Coffee