Hot Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Hot Tuesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 am

Another very hot day in San Diego! 90+* Will cool off this week but then back up around 100* next weekend! :shock: I thought it was fall! :?

So glad to have the inspection over with but still have to work out the things that need to be fixed with the current owner. The roof is in pretty good shape but is at the end of it's lifetime so will need to be replaced soon so we will negotiate that once I get a quote on replacement cost. Otherwise, just some small issues with plumbing and electrical stuff that need to be taken care of. Termite report came back OK too.

Ava, do you have any new travel plans yet?

Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Hot Tuesday

Postby Cudedog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:32 pm

OH! Barbie!

I can't imagine how thrilled and excited you must be to be (almost) finally having your own place.

Hoping that this is everything you are wishing for!!

Not going to offer you congrats just yet (don't want to jinx things!) but they are coming soon!

:-)

Best wishes to you on your newest adventure!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Sitting at a car dealership negotiating for some new used wheels to share some of the miles that would normally just go on the Honda. Shoppering for cars is worst than going to the dentist but much better in the age of internet comparison pricing than it used to be in the dinosaur days....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm

And, so far, I'm accomplishing nothing today. I'm having trouble getting set up for Medicare. Applied online, but they aren't accepting my signing up to go online and check status etc. After several phone calls I'm told they can't verify who I am and I need to go into an office. The person on the phone can't do it, it has to be in person. Then why did I have to answer all the security questions? So I look and there is a social security office in Casa Grande so I'll have to go in. Looked up the info... Did you know you can't call the local office? You have to call the national 800 # even to see about making an appt. After time on hold and another person who was no help, I'll drive my rv into Casa Grande after moving to Arizona City tomorrow or Thursday.

So, time has passed, the morning is gone... Nothing accomplished. Ha! I have two more cabinets I want to go through today and then just organize the emptier spaces for traveling. And hope that I've done a good enough job scaling back... I highly doubt it lol Peaches desperately needs to be brushed... Will wait until the sun is heading down for that.

Good luck on finding a new to you vehicle, Tina.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Barbie so glad things are finally falling into place for you.

Oh boy, Tina a new car!

Beth.... Every time I've had to deal with SS I have had better luck in person. Pain to have to go to the office and even with wait time there it seems to be worth the effort.

For those interested in the Hardee Lakes gtg early next year, I updated what info I currently have on reservations. There are 11 of us with reservations so far. If anyone has additional info, please let me know. The park did suffer some damage from the hurricane but saw a recent post on FB saying that most of the RV sites have been cleaned up and are open again.

Fall temps have finally arrived in north AL. A quick change from above normal temps to below normal... down right cold to me (low in mid 40s tonight burr)

The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Morning Coffee