Windy Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Windy Sunday

Postby Colliemom » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:03 am

Good Morning. Going to be a windy day today. Wind Advisory in effect till this evening. That will really bring down the leaves As well as the heavy rains we had last night. But I got everything done I wanted to yesterday. The trailer is home and temporarily parked till later this coming week, when I will wash it, make sure my awning is dry and then cover it for winter.

Annie, thanks for the updates on the fire near you. Irmi, safe travels on your journey south. No, I have no plans made for next year. Need to pad my travel budget and may just stay in MI, camping at the diferent state parks, unlees a GTG or something comes up. Barb, happy you got approved by the mobile home park. Now here’s hoping the inspection goes well. Donna, good luck finding a new home base forvyou.

Off to mass this morning, quick stop at store, planning to make stuffed peppers to freeze today. Then want to put some new insulation in basement workshop area. Hoping you all have a nice day and be safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Windy Sunday

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 am

Still long rain here in the Palm of the Mitten -- a fall soaker. But the sky is lightening a little, so I'm optimistic about getting out this afternoon. So is Drew -- but he's always optimistic when it involves throwing tennis balls around, so I'm not sure that county! :lol:

A little more prep to close the house today, last errands tomorrow, and turning off water/draining pipes Tuesday. We're moving along.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm looking at my total disaster inside this rv and doing Nothing LOL. I did a few things this morning but I need a break. I think I'm still trying to keep too much. only time will tell. Peaches had a good walk before the heat set in. And oh she's so good. Taking something out to the casita earlier I didn't (thought I had) close the rv door. She did not come out and I was in the casita at least 5 minutes.

On another front my computer is totally acting up. There's a couple things I haven't backed up and, of course, I need one of those. So I'm not going to play anymore than I already have and will take it in to see if it can at least all be backed up and then I think I'll send this one to it's grave. Tis very old... But you never know, it's already been saved a few times over the years, maybe it has one more life.

I'm just babbling. Have fun everyone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Good morning, all. At least it is just past morning in CA. I left Yosemite yesterday and after a long drive over curvy and bumpy roads, I am set up in one of my favorite, very quiet campgrounds. In fact, there will probably be only one or two other campers, but this place is hilly and I have great views, assuming the smoke level goes down a bit. And the ranger patrols pretty often through this place. No camp hosts that I can see although sometimes they stay around a hill where I cannot see them. So basically, I have the whole place to myself for 10 days at $15 per night for electric and water! My kind of place.

Also, it was VERY cold at Yosemite, so glad to have sun, warmth, satellite access, cell and internet--what more can a person want?

Beth, my older but faster computer fell over a year ago and the screen broke. (Lesson Learned: Don't leave your computer on the couch while you drive.) Also some of the letters were wearing off the keyboard, so I ordered a new Dell, but the new one is horribly slow and very heavy. So about a month ago, I took the old one into a shop in Napa and they ordered and replaced the screen and the keyboard for about $300! I was very pleasantly surprised. I still have to finish setting it up by renewing some of the software and the Norton utilities, but I think I am going to go back to using it. It was a very good laptop and originally cost $1,800, so the repair cost was worth it. Runs great!

You can buy an external hard drive to use as a backup for about $60. I keep one in a safe at my Ohio son's house and another in a safety deposit box, as well as one in a drawer here.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Judy, I have two external hard drives (had one go bad once :evil: ) but it's been a few weeks and one program I did quite a bit of work on. My fault for not backing that up. That said, I have another almost never used laptop... Because of one of the other past problems with this one... But this one has everything on it so when it was fixed fairly inexpensively, the replacement got put away. We will see when I take it in this time.

Glad you got moved and have some warmth. I'm laughing because I'm running my a.c. as if it's summer. At least it's windows open all night.

Trying to talk myself into cleaning out one of the small outside compartments. Going to go get it done before I talk myself out of it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Worked all day today. Got to 98 degrees today here in SD!! :shock:

Still more evacuations and destruction from the fires in northern California today. So awful! :cry: One lady who lost her house was also at the concert in LV during the shooting rampage. I did see a video yesterday where a family who's dog ran off when they were evacuating and had to leave him behind, went back later to find their house was gone but the dog came running up to greet them. Somehow he survived!

Have the inspection tomorrow morning on the house. Hoping that goes well! I have the day off so will be there to go thru the house with the inspector.

Beth, when do you get your new "home"?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Barbie, about 2-3 weeks.
Beth
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee