A little rain on Saturday the 14th of October...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A little rain on Saturday the 14th of October...

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:37 am

Good morning all... a little rain this morning but I don't think it's going to be an all day thing... well I'm still looking for my new home I'm in an area by Crystal River Florida... this is not a bad area I probably been looking within 20 miles or so... Found a couple that were interesting but I guess I'm just not sure where yet... this is definitely not an easy task .... you question yourself constantly... very frustrating and exasperatingly... thankfully I have a place to stay while I'm looking... Nan has graciously invited Pheebe and I just stay in her side yard for whatever length of time we need... I appreciate it so much and I'm so thankful... I need to make a trip back over to Melbourne to check my bank my storage unit & a few other things but lots of rain over there this coming week... I had enough rain last time I was there so I will wait another week... well all for now...B safe donna
grammynmaggie

It’s Saturday!

Postby Colliemom » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:43 am

Morning all. I’m up, but not quite moving yet. Had my Protein Shake for breakfast and will have a few strawberries shortly. Once it starts getting daylight, I’ll get moving. Supposed to have a nice morning followed by a rainy afternoon. Farmers market for some green peppers, quick stop at Walmart and then to RV dealer to pick up my trailer. It’s all winterized. Since weather looks nice for next week, will wash it, get the cover on and park it for winter. The septic has been cleaned and my garage door repaired as the lifting spring broke. Yesterday was trip to Apple Festival about 50 miles from here. So been a bit busy.

Watching latest news on the CA fires. Annie, what’s the latest on the Cascade fire? Hope it hasn’t spread toward you. So much heartbreak and devestation iut there. And I’m sure more bodies will be found. The home of Peanuts creator, Charles Schultz, was brurned to the ground. Wish I could send the rain we are supposed to get, out there.

Time for those strawberries and then to get going. Want to get those errands done before it rains. Take care everyone, stay safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: It’s Saturday!

Postby Irmi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 am

Good morning Sue & everyone!

Sue, I imagine you're probably already your trips for next year! It's so sad about the fires out west and all the homes and lives lost.

We are counting down the hours until it's time to leave here and start heading south. We had the house winterized yesterday and today we'll be running the last of the errands and taking care of the last few things that need to be done in the house and yard. As soon as I get home from church tomorrow, we'll be out of here! It's going to be cool here next week, so our timing is perfect. Hoping all of you are safe, whether you're home or on the road!
Irmi

Re: A little rain on Saturday the 14th of October...

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:34 am

Good morning gals!
I got approved yesterday for the mobile home park! Yay!! So now for the inspection on Monday.

Am off to school this morning. We are learning EFT (tapping) today. I have already learned it before but we will be certified today. Should be fun!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: It’s Saturday!

Postby Cudedog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:48 am

Colliemom wrote: Watching latest news on the CA fires. Annie, what’s the latest on the Cascade fire? Hope it hasn’t spread toward you. So much heartbreak and devestation iut there. And I’m sure more bodies will be found. The home of Peanuts creator, Charles Schultz, was brurned to the ground. Wish I could send the rain we are supposed to get, out there.

As I understand it, the progression of the Cascade Fire (at this time) has been halted, and the area is in a "mop up" phase as the containment lines continue to be constructed.

Here is a map of the Cascade/La Porte fires (which joined together):

https://sartopo.com/map.html#ll=39.36696,-121.36702&z=11&b=om&a=mba,modis_mp

The good news is that the fire came to within about 2 - 3 miles of my house, as near as I can tell from this map (this map is really cool because there is a tool you can use for measuring, so I was able to measure the distance of the fire to my home). The further good news is that there does not appear to be any new fire activity in the area, as would be indicated by a red star * on the map.

Another cool thing about this map is that one can scroll to the left (which would be to the west) and bring up the fires burning north of San Francisco.

The bad news here is that this map indicates renewed fire activity of the Adobe Fire, which is the same fire that burned the city of Santa Rosa. It seems to indicate that this fire is now beginning to encroach into the city of Sonoma. However, I don't know of the accuracy of this map (the part showing the Cascade fire is VERY accurate) and have been unable to confirm this encroachment.

I spent the summer working on my Brownsville house, getting ready to list it for sale. Getting the house sold would really broaden my travel options. Got it listed the week before the Cascade/La Porte fires started. All roads into the area have been closed (due to the fire) for the past week. There is never much posted by traditional media about fires in the Yuba Foothills area - probably fires elsewhere have overwhelmed the traditional media outlets. However, these days, we have the amateur media out in force (YouTube) and have seen videos posted online of the Cascade fire that are looking pretty grim.

In the summer I go up to Brownsville about once a week to water my Liquid Amber trees (a relative of the Maple tree) or they will die in the heat and lack of moisture. I need to get up there to water my trees, but don't think I will go until the winds die down, probably Monday. I don't want to be caught in anything.

It is pretty windy here where I live, likely more so in the foothills. I think I'll just stay home today, and maybe go up on Monday when the winds are predicted to calm.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee