An October Fall Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

An October Fall Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 am

Morning. Beautiful fall morning here in Northern Michigan.Fall color is popping out all over, making for some pretty drives and sights for those who are still out enjoying the campgrounds. I’m done for the season, trailer is being winterized and next week will get a bath and covered up.

I’m waiting for the septic folks to come and pump out the septic tank. No problems, just routine maintenance. Have it done about every 5-6 years. Wrapping up the fall chores slow but sure. Want to get the carpets cleaned in here before winter sets in too.

Very heartbreaking watching all the destruction from the fires in CA. Beth, glad your friends evacuated. Judy, hope your son’s house is spared and fire doesn’t come from another direction. Doesn’t look good this weekend with the winds again. There are so many heartbreaking and terrifying escape stories coming from out there.

Guess I will go and find my septic tank. Know it’s location, just not where the access hole is, not that they can’t dig it out. Usually I do it ahead as there is a charge for digging it out. Doesn’t take much to dig a hole when you know where to dig.

Hope you all have a nice day, keep safe and for those on the roads, enjoy your travels.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: An October Fall Thursday

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Good Morning

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: An October Fall Thursday

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

It was a really cold night last night in Yosemite and I had both furnaces running all night to stay warm. Still running now as no sun in woods in canyon to warm things up. I am off to a tour of Glacier Point this afternoon because I do not want to take motorhome up there. Plus, I had to have help getting into this narrow spot and once I leave, I will not be coming back!

I am going to walk around and pick out wider and easier sites--especially ones that do not have BIG trees on both sides and on the opposite side of the road where you have to turn to back in!! (Tip: Site 529 in North Pines is NOT a good site.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee