Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday

Postby carolb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:55 am

Gmorning all :)

Yes, I've been AWOL again--reading but not posting...been a busy fall here. Weather has been perfect for getting the yard ready for winter. Put in several perennials that I'll look forward to for spring blooming. Building a simple wood fence on the street-side of my property, only 4ft high & "open" spacing so I can see my flower gardens when I pull into my driveway...

Those in the fire areas, what can I say? And a wild hurricane season continues? The IL gtg sounds like another success. Lyn, safe travels on your return home--what wonderful travels you've had this summer! Barbie, hope all goes well with your home purchase. Sue & OSharon, winterizing rigs? Others moving to winter destinations. Mickie & Mary, congrats on getting back "home" to FL!

Y'all have a great day, safe travels for those on the road 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday

Postby Othersharon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:52 am

Morning all! Carolb, good to see your post this morning! You have been busy! More fencing? That's going to look nice, I bet! Sadly, it is about time to winterize Lola. We are on Jim's list so not sure yet when it'll happen! Yesterday was a beautiful day and I got the urge to take off but sadly I knew we are into a few days of rain which it's doing now! Not to mention the appointments I have! I only have a couple of sessions with the therapist left. We decided yesterday that I've gone about as far as I can go with them and I have the tools to continue on my own. So that'll get rid of 2 appointments a week! Bless them, they've made a huge difference! Now I just have to continue with the program!

I've been keeping in touch with my sister about the fires in CA. Her husband's sister and her family all live there near the one fire. So far they are okay but ready to go if they have to. So sad.

Beth, I love your little house without wheels! The best of both! Barbie, hope everything works out for you with your new home. And Donna, hoping you find what you are looking for. Gotta run, a fun day with a friend today! Have a good day and travel safe.
Othersharon

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 am

Good Morning Everyone !! I've had a nice stay up here in the mountains at a CG I've wanted to check out for ages. I'm hoping to head south Sunday, to get down through Atlanta on the least busy traffic day( I hope). Taking the quick route down this time. Don't have to much left to clear out at the house, mostly another trash run and one more thrift store run. My sis spent two days with me and we have most of what I want in the RV ready to travel, wee crowded but doable. This little two day stay up here was nice, it did rain a lot, so no nice walks Mr P and I planned. What a great place to have done some walks in too. Planning to fill propane tank before I leave here today, so another errand checked off list.

Sun looks like its coming out earlier today. Which suits me as I have a full hookup spot and doing all that in the rain is not fun. :roll: it's a PA park, for two days, nice location, twisty climbing road getting here but no problem really. It's a beautiful place, a stay place when I visit in the future.

Time to get things situated, not in a hurry to get back to reality though :lol:

Take care and stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 am

Mornin ladies
Sitting at the Cheyenne Camping and RV center on I80 in Walcott Iowa. Awning being repaired and they are installing a new TV. Yippee!

Slight change of plans for meeting up with Lyn again. The campground she stayed at last night had no electricity so she's heading towards Hannibal Missouri. Adds one hour to my route but that's OK. Weather is rainy, dreary and cold for both of us.

That's the update for today. Stay safe and warm wherever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 am

Yesterday I replaced the seals on the van's rear doors and assembled/installed the hitch cargo carrier (which was a bigger job than it should have been because of poorly cut bolt holes). Today, it's raining. I get to check my work, haha! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am

I don't remember how long ago I had posted about the used cargo carrier my sister bought for me. Her son still hasn't fixed it yet. Think I'll just pick it up the next time I am through there. My son will fix it. I'm not sure that I really need one but would be good to put things like chairs and firewood on.

My cold is still hanging on and has added a cough. I'm tired of taking medicine that doesn't help much.

Carolb, are you staying home this winter? I am looking forward for it to cool off some so maybe I can make a few camping trips. People in Texas are talking about a cold front but it's still 98 here. Our nice shower the other day turned into an almost 4 inch all day rain. It was kind of dry so we needed the rain.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee