Cooling Down Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Cooling Down Tuesday

Postby Colliemom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 am

Morning everybody. Chilly morning out there, 44 degrees. High for today is supposed fo be around 60, which is normal for this time of year. I love crispy fall weather. Will help get the fall color moving along too.

Beenwatching the devestation in CA. The Weather Channel has been doing a great job of covering it. Judy, glad you got out of there and that your son and family have also evacuated. Beth, hope your friend is okay. Was thinking the other day that you left SD just in time to avoid a Winter Storm.

Took my trailer to dealer yesterday and dropped off for winterizing. Hope I get it back in next couple of days, so I can wash and cover it before what looks like a cool, damp weekend coming up. Want to go to an Apple Festival on Friday. Think today is trip to Camping World, as tire covers are on sale.

So that’s about all from the 45th this morning. What’s going on with all of you.
Colliemom

Re: Cooling Down Tuesday

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:06 am

Morning, Sue! Not much to say... Will drive the last leg of this part of the trip shortly. Peaches will be happy for a week off the road. She's a great traveler, but likes some "normal" days lol. This navigating job, which she lies down on, just gets too tough.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks for the reports on the fires Judy. My daughter worked at the Santa Rosa Kaiser and has lots of friends in that area. She is, of course, devastated by what happened. I was on the internet all day yesterday looking for info.
Today is moving day for Cheryl and myself. She to get the bar on her awaning fixed and me to go to our next camp and wait for her to catch up. Rain expected for us today.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Well, phooey. Went to reactivate and add time to my mifi, and it needs a new SIM card! I guess it's been a long time since I used it. Oh well, it should be here by Friday, which is ok. I'm glad I thought to check today instead of just before leaving!

Today is "clear up small stuff" day -- one of those days when you'll end up feeling like you've been nibbled to death by ducks. But then all those jobs buzzing around in my head will be done! Won't that be nice?

Those fires are terrifying!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 pm

This morning early, I took my Jeep in to get the tie rod fixed and the wheels aligned. I couldn't get ahold of the dealer I bought the Jeep from to find out if they would pay for all of it, so I drove up to Oceanside to visit them in person. I guess they are having phone issues, but they didn't even question my bill and gave me a check for the whole amount, so that was nice! Then I put a down payment on the house into escrow. And found an insurance agent right down the street from my new (fingers crossed) home to get an estimate on insurance for it (State Farm does not insure mobile homes). After all that was done, I ate lunch at Ruby's Diner on the pier in Oceanside and then drove down the coast, stopping along the way, before heading home.

Very nice day today altho a bit windy. Surf was really high so that was fun to watch the waves and the surfers.

Feel so very bad for those up in the fire areas! So tragic! :cry:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 pm

So happy for you Barbie. Things are falling into place for you. Will you be moving the mobile home from its present location to another park?
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Sandi, no, it will be staying where it is. Part of what I love about it is it's location next to a creek and woodsy area. Very quiet, shady and private! And so close to the ocean!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee